“One brief but very nice night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lackawaxen
1870 Roebling Inn on the Delaware
Ranked #1 of 2 Lackawaxen B&B and Inns
Bozeman, Montana
“One brief but very nice night”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed one night in late March, but I wanted to post because my experience was so good. Drove 6 hours the evening before a marathon. When I arrived it was like being home. Welcomed with tour of house and cookies. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Early next morning, Don was up making a full breakfast for all the runners who were staying there! What a treat! Wish I could have visited longer, but I had to go run! Will definitely be back next year. Thank You! Two comments aside - 1) unless you have Verizon, you won't get cell phone service here. Don graciously allowed me to use the Inn's phone to call my husband and let him know I arrived safely 2) the Inn is a little difficult to find in the dark. I was using the Google map app on my AT&T cell phone for directions, and I kept losing the signal. Glad I had also printed directions before I left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Three Rivers, Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We drove 10.5 hrs to stay at the Roebling Inn and it lived up to our expectations! It's a lovely historic home with a beautiful view of the Delaware River. DJ and JoAnne, the owners, made us feel at home in their tastefully decorated B&B. They are very knowledgeable of the area, had maps readily available and even provided bald eagles for our viewing pleasure along the river. It was an amazing stay. In fact, this part of our trip was our favorite. DJ is also an excellent cook. Each morning we were served a delicious hot meal along with the complimentary breakfast staples. His salsa egg omelet was delicious. We recommend this Inn to everyone and we will be back!

Room Tip: We chose a room facing the river, but all rooms were clean and pretty.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JoAnnLackawaxenPA, Owner at 1870 Roebling Inn on the Delaware, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We are SO glad you enjoyed your stay. We all know how much postalpeople need a break and it was fun to meet you! Thank you for posting! Till we meet again. DJ and JoAnn
Brielle, New Jersey
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My son and I fish the Delaware for trout and we live stressful lives. High pressure business owner and over scheduled life for my boy. We come to the RI because of the peace, quiet, and incredible hospitality that DJ & Joanne offer every time. Can't wait to bring the wife for something a bit different this spring. Scenic, heaven on earth. Great restaurants nearby as well, fishing, hiking, or just peace.

Regards,
Robert & Lou

• Stayed April 2013
Cheltenham, PA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We enjoyed a winter wonderland in the Upper Delaware region this weekend. After visiting the Ice Works and standing on a very frozen lake Wallenpaupack, we ventured to our b and b that overlooked the Delaware. We spent a great night in a queen river view room with our own fireplace. Our hosts were informative and friendly and made a great pecan french toast breakfast, eggs to order, a fresh fruit salad and great baked treat (rhubarb bread perhaps?). The inn is right next to the Roebling Bridge which adjoins PA and New York. The views are breathtaking! Even in a 7 degrees morning, I was able to see an eagle and take a short walk (which you can see from the inn) to the convergence of the Lackawaxen and Delaware Rivers.

Take a drive on the New York side (Rte 97) up or down the river to see the frozen waterfalls, overlooks, and amazing views. Even in the dead of winter, the beauty is unspeakable- ice chunks flowing down the river, mallards, Canada geese and even the eagle out in the river. Around the bend in Lackawaxen, though I can't remember the name of it, is a little diner that overlooks the Lackawaxen (we even saw the eagle out there- they had a telescope to see it up close!)

Treat yourself to a comfortable stay at the inn and enjoy nature, God's handiwork at its best!

Room Tip: For those a little shy of the cold, choose a river view room to see the river in a warm location.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paulalois99
Springville Pa
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The inn is setup very well. The rooms have private bathrooms with shower. Some rooms are available with fireplace. DJ and JoAnna make every effort to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Eagles can be routinely seen just down the street. One eagle often roosts in tree in front of the Inn. They serve a hot breakfast and a cold breakfast bar is available early in the morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My fiancé and I just spend NYE at Roebling Inn. It is in a secluded area that is very relaxing, tranquil and peaceful. Don and JoAnn are amazing hosts and so helpful. Don is the make caretaker of the Bed and Breakfast and he makes you feel right at home. He asked us if we needed anything not to hesitate to ask. The complimentary, unlimited tea selection was great. I am a huge tea fan and enjoyed the warm tea on such cold evenings. We didn't see the eagles but our experience was wonderful. We stayed for two nights and breakfast was delicious. The first day we I had a veggie omelet and my fiancé had a spinach and broccoli frittata. Don was more than accommodating of our dietary needs and the breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The second day Don made pecan French toast and scrambled eggs. The breakfast also included hard boiled eggs, tea, coffee, assortment of cereals, assortment of bread, juices, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The room we had was Room #2 and it was nice and elegant. There is a game room downstairs where we relaxed in front of the fireplace and played monopoly, scrabble, and other board games. We enjoyed our stay and had a great time. Thanks so much for everything Don and JoAnn!

Room Tip: No fitness center and no swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgewater, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been camping in the Upper Delaware near the Roebling Bridge for years. This past week, my boyfriend surprised me with an impromptu stay and I have to say, it was everything I envisioned. It's what I imagined a bed and breakfast would and should be. Don and JoAnn were welcoming and gracious. Wonderful hosts! We stayed in one of the rooms with a fireplace. It was warm and toasty. The room was exceptionally neat and clean. Breakfast was wonderful with more than enough to eat and delicious coffee. The location of the inn is spectacular. It doesn't get better than waking up to the view of the river in the morning. And we were lucky enough to have 2 bald eagles in the tree by the river. It's already in our plans to stay at the Roebling again.

Room Tip: Any room there is fine, but the front rooms with the river view and fireplaces are special!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lackawaxen
Scottish Inns Milford
#3 of 5 in Barryville
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to 1870 Roebling Inn on the Delaware? Share your experiences!