“It's not that bad.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lackawaxen
The Inn at Lackawaxen
Ranked #2 of 2 Lackawaxen B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“It's not that bad.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place wasn't as bad as I was expecting when I read the reviews. I stayed one night in a suite after a wedding. The wedding was nice, the room was fine, two bedrooms and one bathroom. It was more of just a place to crash while drunk. If you're going to the area on "vacation" or something stay at a bed and breakfast. The bar was great and the bartenders were hella fun. If you want a "peaceful" night maybe you shouldn't stay at a restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Suite 3 was nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Rooms are poorly serviced - such as sheet for single bed on a double bed!!
Amenities amounted to 5 lotions, (no shampoo) One(1) wash cloth to be shared by two, no bath mat, 1 hand towel one day, none the 2nd day. We did get 2 bath towels. Finally found some wash cloths in laundry room. Calls go to bartender who is busy serving drinks & can't help. No management responds to anyone in our group even though we rented the entire place for 2 nights & dined both nights. Noise in all rooms over bar will permit sleep only after 2 AM. Bed was so bad that one of us used bed cover for pallet & slept on floor after bar noise closed down. Food is good & plentiful if you can wait 1&1/2 to 2 hours after being seated. Location on river is lovely but you pay very dearly for the location. Rooms didn't leak which made it one step above homelessness!

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay - cocktails on deck over looking river is best bet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Lackawaxen hotels

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

For three years, I have brought in a group that booked all their rooms, ate in their restaurant, and purchased drinks in their bar. This time was the worst experience I have ever had there and I will not be bringing my group back to the Lackawaxen Inn ever again! My group (Potomac Area Road Riders from the Washington, D. C. area) arrived at 7:00 p.m. Friday evening August 16, 2013. My room was not ready until after 8:30 p.m. Even though the Check In time is 3:00 p.m they refused to even consider a discount on my room. I asked to speak to the manager a number of times but he never showed his face. One would think that for all the business I had brought them, he would at least welcome us. Rooms 3, 4, and 5 are located above the bar. The bar is very loud and noisy and does not close until 2:00 a.m. If you use any of those rooms, you will not get any sleep until the bar closes. Room 5 reeks of cigarette smoke. One could develop lung cancer from being in that room. Everything in that room smelled like cigarette smoke. Even the bed linens. It was the worst 2 nights I had ever spent at any hotel in my entire life. The food in their restaurant is exceptional but you will wait long for it. For our group of 13 people, it took 1 hour and 45 minutes before any food was put on our table from the time we sat down. You have to plan on 3 hours for dinner at the Lackawaxen Inn. It's a real shame. The location and scenery is excellent but the customer service and facility stinks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike W
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Settled into room late. Next morning we found a blood stain on the mattress cover and my kids found a bottle, cups, and a candy wrapper under the bed. Room was not vacuumed well and the beds were not comfortable. We checked out and they would not refund my remaining two nights on my reservation. They claimed that they have a 48 hour cancellation policy which I should have been informed of over the phone, but I was not. I did not see such a policy on their website or anywhere else in writing.

• Stayed August 2013
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

we stayed at an inn within walking distance, so we were VERY happy to find that the Inn at Lackawaxen had delicious food with HUGE portions and a pretty good range of beers on tap. We actually went there two nights in a row so we could have a few drinks without having to worry about driving back through the winding, mountainous roads of the Poconos. The back deck had excellent views of the Delaware River and we even saw a bald eagle one night! The second night we were there, a cover band played in the main dining hall until late. We got a chance to speak to the bass player before leaving and he said they were booked til 1:30am. So I guess I understand how that may not be fun for those staying there. So go for the food & pick somewhere nearby to stay the night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jamaica, Vermont
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just below where the Lackawaxen and Delaware rivers merge, and in sight of the fully restored Roebling bridge you'll find the Inn at Lackawaxen. Sitting outside at dusk overlooking the river is a delight and so is the varied menu. The very large indoor dining room is tastefully decorated with interesting art. Last time there I was a part of a large group and they did have service problems causing a very long wait for food. The restrooms are located near the bar area which is a popular meeting place for the locals. Beware of the heavy cigarette smoke.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Blairstown, New Jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never a bad meal, reasonably priced food, nice sized portions, and a great view of the river! I have been here a few times and always look forward to making a stop here when I'm in the area. Summer months you can relax on the deck overlooking the river but its a nice area to visit any season.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Blairstown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lackawaxen
Rodeway Inn
Scottish Inns Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
#3 of 6 in Milford
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to The Inn at Lackawaxen? Share your experiences!