“What a great experience”
Review of Letterman's Diner

Letterman's Diner
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Not many places serve a breakfast or lunch as good as this..very reasonably priced..big portions...tasty top quality food..unique receipts...this is a dining car built in rhe 1930's..largest table seats 2...located on Main Street in amongst the shops of Kutztown

3  Thank ChrisAllentown_Pa

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Berks County's Best Kept Secret - Love this little (and I mean litte) boxcar diner in downtown Kutztown.

Owner, Doug, can't sleep much because he's never away from the grill. His menu creations and skillful combination ideas are simply incredible, and watching him cook is mesmerizing.

Like us, many have suggested calling Guy Fierri (of Food Network's Diners Drive In's and Dives), but he wants no part of it.

A proud Eagle's fan, Doug celebrate's his team losses and wins with his customers while grillin' away right in front of them. His college-girl helpers squeeze around him running up, down and around the stooled countertop top deliver fresh made orders and beverages.

If you want to be entertained, eat well, experience something uniquely different and just plain extraordinary ... you have to go here. I almost hate sharing this, because it may mean there's no place for me to sit when I go next time.

College kids love this spot. Of course, it's a heart attack waiting to happen because most items are grilled and fried, but heaven on earth once in a while won't kill you.

1  Thank Connie E
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Letterman's is not your usual breakfast/lunch spot. It's an old fashioned diner where the owner cooks your meal right in front of you! Food portions are borderline rediculous!! I consider myself a healthy eater and I doubt I could eat more than 2 pancakes! His omelettes are out of this world!! If you are counting calories or limiting your fat/grease/butter intake.. I suggest you seek nourishment elsewhere! Letterman's offers a true lumberjack breakfast!

What you need to know:
Only open for Breakfast & Lunch. Parking is street level and seating is quite limited. 80% of the available seating is bar/counter. Therefore, small children/babies present a bit of a challenge due to limited table seating and available area. I believe the place has 3 maybe 4 (2 person) tables. Did I mention this place was small?

Most of the patrons are locals and frequently converse with the owner. The conversation at times exceeds the 'PG-13' rating. It is afterall an adult environment 99% of the time.

Last but not least, he's a Philadelphia Eagles fan so I don't recommend talking smack about the Eagles while he's preparing your breakfast!! LOL.. Try it, you'll be back!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

As other reviewers have noted, the portions here are humungous! The omelettes which we ordered were almost too big to fit on the dinner plate on which they were served. They were very tasty as well, 4-5 eggs stuffed with real PA Dutch bacon, cheese, and tomatoes. The diner is very small--maybe 5 or 6 two-person tables along one wall, then the counter with maybe 7-8 stools opposite. The owner and I had quite a conversation, both of us being from the same home town, Mt. Carmel, PA. We reminisced about days of old, businesses which no longer existed, as life in the coal region of Pennsylvania continues to slide downhill. Both he and the waitress were very friendly and accommodating. The value here is outstanding. Because of this and its small size, I am sure that it's very difficult to get in when the college is in session. (We were visiting Kutztown during Spring Break.) I heartily recommend this gem of a diner!

1  Thank CodgersontheMove
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Letterman's is located right in the heart of downtown Kutztown. It is very small and narrow. On one wall there are five or six two person tables (forgot to count) and on the other side is a long counter with stools. The staff is very friendly and the food is solid diner cuisine. Nothing special, but a good meal. Ask about portions. I had the pancakes and was warned one pancake was the size of a small platter. They weren't kidding. I had one and was stuffed. I have been there a previous time and had the burger platter. Again, I wasn't disappointed.

1  Thank W-Hartford_CT