TripAdvisor

Kutztown Tavern
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family style sit down restaurant that also incorporates a micro brewery. We provide a full bar for guest and good food and a revolving micro brew list on tap. Banquet facilities are also available on site.
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

Went here on a Tuesday afternoon for lunch. We got here around 1:30 and they weren’t real busy. Our waitress was friendly and took our drink orders. First thing I noticed was that none of the sandwiches come with French Fries just chips. If you want fries you have to pay extra. I had a belly buster fish sandwich. It was a large pice of fish however the piece of fish was thick at one end and thin on the other end and the thin part of the fish was hard and over cooked. My lady had a portabella melt and it was just warm the cheese was melted on it. Don’t know if we will return.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed October 8, 2019

The Kutztown Tavern has been a staple in this college town for close to two decades. It is a roomy restaurant with a large bar and daily specials. The beer is very good, and there is a relatively wide variety, plus a seasonal brew. I would rate the food as “comfort food” although there are some salads and seafood dishes on the menu. However, meals are not especially unique, tending to follow the safe trends we can’t seem to escape from here in eastern PA. However, the shepherds pie is a lovely savory dish, perfect on a cold night, the bratwurst and kraut is great with beer, and the soft pretzels and cheeses as an appetizer are yummy. For a special treat, bypass the restaurant and try the “Tasting Room” (located in its own attached space on the other side of the brewing tanks). You can order from the Tavern menu, or order a few specials unique to this room, along with beer and all local liquors and wines. The bartender is excellent. A fun place to go if you enjoy local conversation with your food.

Reviewed October 6, 2019 via mobile

First time here. Turkey panini hit the spot. Young staff but did fine. Also had a beer flight. Chocolate desert was tasty and feeds 3-4.

Reviewed September 27, 2019

One Friday around noon, my wife and I were looking for a place to eat before we started touring some of the wineries in Berks County. We had eaten at the Kutztown Tavern years ago and decided to go back. The interior had been modernized since our last visit and the atmosphere is vintage industrial but definitely showcases its brewery roots... We both started with a flight to sample each of their selections before having lunch. I'm not a fan of most IPA's, but their selections were good. Lunch was a standard pub fare. My wife had a burger and I had ribs. Both were very good.

Great place to stop - I'd recommend avoiding weekends when there is something big happening on campus. It's a popular place.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 25, 2019

Clean and fresh, with a wide variety of menu items. But not great service. They forgot the appetizer we ordered. Had to ask twice to get our flight of beers. Won't go out of our way to go there again....

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Kutztown Tavern? Share your experiences!