TripAdvisor

Kutztown Tavern
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family style sit down restaurant that also incorporates a micro brewery. We provide a full bar for guest and good food and a revolving micro brew list on tap. Banquet facilities are also available on site.
Reviewed September 25, 2019

Clean and fresh, with a wide variety of menu items. But not great service. They forgot the appetizer we ordered. Had to ask twice to get our flight of beers. Won't go out of our way to go there again....

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

Decided to try this as it’s easy walking distance from Kutztown University.

Good food. Plenty of variety in menu choices. Small town brewery with plenty of options and a sampling choice too.

Service was average — a little slow and not overly crowded at the time.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019

stopped by for a quick lunch while visiting the university..great selection of beers, cowboy burger was cooked perfect, and the panini's were excellent also....friendly and attentive wait staff

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019

This is a great place to come for beer flights or even if you are not really a beer drinker, because the food has always been good every time I have been here. Most recently, we stopped for dinner and had a small plate of sweet potato fries for an appetizer (not listed on the app menu, but just ask), the Pagoda salad (hubbie), the Mediterranean salad (me), and the biggest, most decandent slice of coconut cream pie EVER! Everything was wonderful and excellent service. Until next time....

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Eat here maybe two or three times a year. I want to like this place more, but something stops that from happening. Their meatloaf is very good, and there are a few other decent options on the menu, but other things I have tried I feel I could have made at home just as well. Some beers are good, some are not, but my biggest issue of late is every time I go there and try to purchase a flight of beers, half of them "just ran out" according to the wait staff. I don't like thinking I have 10 or 12 beer choices when in all reality I end up with 5 or 6. Not a good thing when you are a tavern. Like it enough that we will keep going back, hoping things improve long term.

Date of visit: March 2019

Been to Kutztown Tavern? Share your experiences!