TripAdvisor

Kutztown Tavern
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family style sit down restaurant that also incorporates a micro brewery. We provide a full bar for guest and good food and a revolving micro brew list on tap. Banquet facilities are also available on site.
Reviewed July 31, 2019

stopped by for a quick lunch while visiting the university..great selection of beers, cowboy burger was cooked perfect, and the panini's were excellent also....friendly and attentive wait staff

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed July 21, 2019

This is a great place to come for beer flights or even if you are not really a beer drinker, because the food has always been good every time I have been here. Most recently, we stopped for dinner and had a small plate of sweet potato fries for an appetizer (not listed on the app menu, but just ask), the Pagoda salad (hubbie), the Mediterranean salad (me), and the biggest, most decandent slice of coconut cream pie EVER! Everything was wonderful and excellent service. Until next time....

Reviewed July 10, 2019

Eat here maybe two or three times a year. I want to like this place more, but something stops that from happening. Their meatloaf is very good, and there are a few other decent options on the menu, but other things I have tried I feel I could have made at home just as well. Some beers are good, some are not, but my biggest issue of late is every time I go there and try to purchase a flight of beers, half of them "just ran out" according to the wait staff. I don't like thinking I have 10 or 12 beer choices when in all reality I end up with 5 or 6. Not a good thing when you are a tavern. Like it enough that we will keep going back, hoping things improve long term.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Had a family lunch here so we got seated easily. I really liked the atmosphere - a great mix of the old architecture with modern touches. The service was good (but, again, it was very empty). Everyone enjoyed their food quite a bit. I ordered a flight of six beer tasters and unfortunately only one was really anything to rave about. The rest were fine, but nothing special.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

The bratwurst special fabulous and the Reuben Sandwich was excellent. My husband tried the beer and thought it was wonderful. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the food and beer choices. I was great that she knew that the sausage had been from a local meat market and actually was able to discuss the beer choices knowledgeably with my husband.

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Kutztown Tavern? Share your experiences!