TripAdvisor
Kutztown
Post
Inbox
Search

“Lunch with my Kutztown University student”
Review of Kutztown Tavern

Kutztown Tavern
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family style sit down restaurant that also incorporates a micro brewery. We provide a full bar for guest and good food and a revolving micro brew list on tap. Banquet facilities are also available on site.
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

The Kutztown Tavern is one of my son’s favorite places for us to meet when we are in town to visit him. They have a large selection of appetizers, salads and soups, along with burgers, sandwiches and pub-style entrees. Their pretzel appetizer is very good but sorely lacking was the usual melted “beer cheese” or cheese sauce one would expect. We’ve asked for this every time we’ve visited, to no avail. Regardless, it’s a nice local tavern with good service.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed January 8, 2019

We have been here as a couple but our last visit was with a group from my husband's work for a time together for Christmas. There were 15 of us and the waitress did a really good job with us- very pleasant and good at remembering who ordered what. The atmosphere was pleasant, the food was good for a reasonable price and we were served in a reasonable fashion with not too long of a wait for our food to arrive.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

Spent the afternoon with craft beers and good food. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in the area. We had a lot of fun and made new friends.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 21, 2018

A very nice refurbished old building containing the brewery, bar/restaurant, an area for catered parties, and a dance club. The building has 3 different names associated with it, and I assume I was in the Kutztown tavern. Menu was extensive with a good selection of standard items, and a number of specialty dishes. Burgers were huge so I passed and had a personal pizza. At our able all the meals were good, and no one had anything bad to say about any portion of their food. I wish I would have been hungrier since there were so many things to try. My beer was very good.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

The burgers here are really good and really big. The avalanche sundae is awesome but too big to eat alone. If you like beer tasting, you can get a flight of 5 or 6 of them to try for about $8

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank peachtree55

Been to Kutztown Tavern? Share your experiences!