“great lunch and good beer”
Review of Kutztown Tavern

Kutztown Tavern
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family style sit down restaurant that also incorporates a micro brewery. We provide a full bar for guest and good food and a revolving micro brew list on tap. Banquet facilities are also available on site.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“great lunch and good beer”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Four of us ate at the Kutztown Tavern AKA Avalanche Brewery on 8-18-2012. The brewpub is large with high ceilings like many brewpubs today. The tanks are in the middle of the pub. The tables are well distributed. The restrooms were clean. I was disappointed to find no Wi-Fi internet access as more and more restaurants are offering this. The service was exceptional with an attentive waiter who promptly addressed our needs without hurrying us.
The food was very good overall and offered great variety. My partner described her chicken quesadilla as too cheesy but everyone else except me thought the food was very good. My brew burger was excellent—one of the better ones I have eaten. The Boardwalk fries were not “boardwalk fries”—way too little grease. I rate them as good typical beer pub fries.
The Young Allen’s Lager was well balanced with no outstanding flavors.

• Visited August 2012

“Multiple hairs in food”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Found hair in appetizer & burger!! Really grossed out but server did the best she could given the circumstances. Would like to try this place again but don't know if we'll get past the gross factor!

1 Thank Psu20076
Northern Virginia
“Great Friday night”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Needing a place to have dinner on a Friday night and not knowing things in the area we decided to try this place as it was the place that looked the best on our GPS. The atmosphere was pleasant and we had no problem getting a seat. I decided to splurge and get a steak while my husband got the Chesapeake chicken which had crab with it and we both were highly thrilled with the quality. I ate my steak in mushroom gravy and garlic mashed potatoes so quickly that I was stuffed for the rest of the night. Rodney also liked the micro brew Youngallen's Lager that he tried and he's not really into drinking beer.

• Visited June 2012
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Kutztown Tavern kicks a*&”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Took the husband and kids to the Kutztown Tavern for lunch following a field hockey game for the youngest! Usually leery of ordering a steak because I NEVER get it made right. Well people.....look NO MORE......The tavern has it and its great! We were pleased with the every aspect of our visit! We will definitely return!! Especially since its super close to Douglassville and if you know Douglassville.....you know why we stopped in KTOWN!

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect pub”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Love the Kutztown Tavern. Great food and beer at more than reasonable prices. Been there 20+ times.