“Nice Winery”

Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Kutztown
More attraction details
Owner description: Award Winning WInery
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a nice place to visit wih good wines. It was very busy the day we were there so the staf could not spend a lot of time explaining wines to use. There is a fee for tasting, but it is waived if you purchase a botte.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I loved the atmosphere at this winery, the building was really cool and the slate counter was beautiful. The wines were exceptional. There is a fee for the tasting if you do not buy any wine, but you'd be hard pressed to not enjoy any of their wines! The staff was friendly. Especially enjoyed the arty labels on some of the wines. Highly recommend their Chambourcin and the Naked Chardonay.

1  Thank msaperry
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are not experts, but have not had a bottle we have not liked. My husband likes the dry reds I love the Chambourcin and rose. Easy to get to friendly people, helpful with the simplest questions. Never been to their wine tasting as we live nearby and can go anytime, but the events are always crowded.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped here with two friends. Half of us like dry red wines and the other half like whites. We only bought a bottle of wine so we didn't have to pay the $5 per person tasting fee. Otherwise, we wouldn't have bought a bottle.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Pinnacle Ridge winery is located on an old farm near Kutztown and it is a really nice place to sample and buy some surprisingly good vintages. The place was very busy on the Saturday we visited but the staff, especially the gentleman who helped us, was always friendly and attentive. My wife and I tried several wines and found the 2010 Dry Vidal Blanc, 2011 Traminette and the 2010 Chambourcin to be very good. They also have a pretty good red blend called Quaff which is a bit different and well suited to Italian food. One measure of the quality of the staff here was the arrival of a tour bus which had failed to make a reservation. A quick phone call brought in another helper and with very little fuss the group was handled to their satisfaction. So if you're touring wineries in Pennsylvania be sure to stop at Pinnacle Ridge. Parking is tight here but don't let that stop you.