“Charred steak & would not accept Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
1750 Bistro at the Holiday Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
1750 Bistro at the Holiday Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Kulpsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I had a http://Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate so we thought we would try 1750 Bistro. We went tonight. We were the second table (of about 24) on a Saturday night.

We sat down and reviewed the menu. We ordered two drinks, the Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls appetizer, the Bistro Crab Cakes, and the Filet Mignon. Soon after that, our salads arrived. The appetizer arrived about 3/4 the way through finishing our salads. Our entrees arrived a little while longer.

I noticed that my Filet Mignon looked dark when the server brought it out. My wife's Crab Cakes looked fine. I ordered the Filet Mignon cooked to medium, but the steak was burned. About 50% of the one side of the steak were charred to black. The few bites of steak that I tried had the burnt taste. My wife's Crab Cakes were fair and did not seem browned enough.

A few other couple entered the restaurant during this time for a total of six tables.

The server did not return for quite a while to check on our meal. After she did, I told her the steak was charred and I wanted to return it. I asked the server if there is anything she could do on the bill since I did not want another steak. The server returned shortly thereafter with the bill and told me she removed the steak from the bill.

Here's the best (and sad) part... I put our http://Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate and a credit card in the bill folder and gave it to the server. She quickly returned to tell me they couldn't accept the gift certificate because the bill was $0.11 short of the $35 minimum order required (for a gift certificate). The original bill would have been $60 (prior to comping the bad steak). It just so happens another couple overheard this conversation about the $0.11 and told us they were appalled. They told us there meals were fair and would not be back again.

I paid the full bill (without using the certificate) and we left. I emailed http://Restaurant.com to inform them of our experience and asked for an account credit.

Like the other couple, we will not be going back.

1  Thank johnpsu

Reviewed December 23, 2011

We have had the occasion to eat at 1750 Bistro twice and both times, the meals were absolutely remarkable. At last night's meal, we enjoyed the Philly cheesesteak eggrolls -- excellent way to start! Then we both had the same entree: peppercorn-crusted tuna, that was cooked to our specifications and totally delicious. Sadly, we were too full to try a dessert, but I am certain it would have matched the meal for perfection. We will be happy to visit again and recommend to other "locals". Tip for guests of the Holiday Inn: be sure to try this place...besides having the convenience of being right in the building, the food is like something you would get in the city at a fine dining establishment and the cost is very reasonable. Far exceeds what you would expect for a hotel dining room.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had the pleasure of eating in the restaurant on two occasions.. The first night I had the cedar plank salmon, the second evening filet mignon. Both meals could have easily been served at the finest eateries in NYC.. Even the butter served with the bread was unique,cajun/,honey butter, it was delicious.
I was eating alone and the waite staff was attentive and friendly.. It was a very pleasurable dining experience.
I recommend this restaurant!!

1  Thank wopatwoman