“Waste of money- disorganized and apathetic”

Holiday Inn Lansdale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kulpsville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The lack of customer service and management concern for the customer's satisfaction is outrageous here. I had to change my room (which originally had a decent view of the pool to ne that looks out on the parking lot) because obnoxious guests checked in and stayed up until 1 a.m. banging around and running in the halls. I called the front desk, and they sent someone up, but obviously there was no follow up or further action taken. Additionally, the restaurant was randomly closed during their advertised lunch hours the first day we checked in, and room service was unavailable. The front desk staff told me that "sometimes they were open and sometimes they weren't." That is certainly convenient for guests, isn't it? I booked through a travel site and thought I got a good rate, but when I checked in, they told me the rooms were actually about $30 cheaper, and if I would have called, I could have gotten that rate, but didn't do anything to actually match it or comp us at all. The front desk, bar and restaurant staff all seem apathetic and uniformed about what is actually happening here. They most certainly do not seem concerned about the guest experience, and at the rates being charged, that is appalling. It's like management just left and the children are running the store. I have had the worst experience here and will not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Apparently it's a crap shoot here, so it doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I am terribly sorry that you did not have a good stay at our property. I apologize that other guests were inconsiderate and caused a disturbance to you and your family. We have recently made the change of not serving lunch in the hotel because it just wasn't busy enough. I am currently changing all of the literature in the hotel and on the website to reflect this recent change. I am not sure what the front desk was referring to when they mentioned to you that you could have received a lower rate, perhaps your booked through a third party site and our hotel direct rates may have been lower? I would love the opportunity to discuss your recent stay with you. I am beginning my fourth week as the new General Manager of this hotel and would love to have more specific feedback from you so I can make improvements to our hotel for our future guests. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 215-368-3800 x 174 or to my email, Melissa@HILansdale.com I look forward to hearing back from you and once again I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction.
Melissa Ward

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Lansdale

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Double charged and it was a nightmare to get my money refunded. They also put a hold on your card despite paying cash in full. They don't release the funds until you are forced to call and get rude about it. The room smelled NASTY and it was very difficult to sleep with the odor of stale ashtray and musty basement. Poor customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ladybuglover4
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Good Morning,
My name is Melissa Ward and I am the new GM of the Holiday Inn Lansdale. I just came on board this past Monday and am working hard at resolving guest concerns and issues such as the one you expressed in your review. I know from working at other hotels that it is normal policy to place a hold on a guest's credit card even if they are paying in cash in the event that there is any damage to the hotel that we need to collect payment for. Typically most banks release the hold on the card within 3-5 business days. I would love the opportunity to get more information from you about your recent stay. If you have the time I would appreciate a phone call at 215-368-3800 x 174 so we can discuss the concerns you had. Thank you for your time!
Melissa Ward
Holiday Inn Lansdale

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The rooms are actually pretty nice here but the financial side of things sucked. The amenities are great, the rooms clean and spacious, and they provide delicious room service. Housekeeping was friendly and intuitive. After a comment that I loved the lotion they have, the housekeeper left me a few extra bottles.

However, the front desk and booking transactions were awful. I booked two days online originally for a wedding at a $85 rate. I had to add two more nights later. I called at noon and was quoted $102 a night for the extra two days. I had to go back into a building to get my credit card and the call dropped. I call back and suddenly nothing the same King sized bed room costs $115. I begrudgingly agreed but when I check in they tell me its $144 for all 4 nights, instead of $115 for two and $85 for two. It was again corrected at check in but, as I expected, the last morning I stayed there they slipped the bill under my door and had already charged me $144 a night. They agreed to a refund which has yet to be processed and are now telling me my original cheaper reservations were cancelled and I was checked in under this more expensive one instead. Since I checked in and stayed, nothing can be done. Yeah, we'll see what corporate has to say about that.

In addition, the wedding I was there with had their rooms scrambled and although we were to get a block of rooms together we were instead split apart on separate floors. I can understand why I, who checked in two days early, was given a separate floor but the bride, mother of the bride, and the maid of honor all arrived together and had this issue. I've also just been notified they were charged multiple times for the rooms and had a large $1300 charge placed on their card for reasons no one can clear up. Clearly this place needs to get their act together. STAY AWAY

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erica L
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Good Afternoon Erica,
My name is Melissa Ward and I am the new General Manager for the Holiday Inn Lansdale. I just started with the company and was very interested to read about your recent stay. I was pleased to hear that you felt that our rooms are pretty nice, clean & spacious and that our amenities are great. I was also happy to read that you found our room service to be delicious and that our housekeeping team was friendly and intuitive by leaving you extra lotion after you mentioned liking it. I sincerely apologize about the billing errors that occurred on your credit card and invoice. I am working to improve on areas such as this and I would love nothing more than to personally assist you if the issue has not been rectified yet. Please reach out to me at the hotel at 215-368-3800 x 174 so I can help. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again! Thanks for taking the time to review your stay!
Melissa Ward - General Manager of the Holiday Inn Lansdale

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

There is no way to get to your room without taking a freight elevator, then opening two heavy doors. The room air conditioners work on a sensor system, so it gets hot during the night when you're not moving. The staff was not helpful in resolving either problem.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MaryOK53
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel! We know you must have a very busy schedule and appreciate that you took time out of your day. Thank you for informing us on areas that we need to improve. Please accept my sincere apologize for your inconvenience and problem you received. I will pass along your comments to my staff, managers. As part of our Green Engage program we have an energy conservation program on our HVAC units. Please feel free to contact me directly to correct the situation and provide you with highest level of customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked through Trip Advisor and missed all of the flashing lights that I was pre paying for this room. I travel often and I have never done this. Either I needed more coffee the day I booked or they need to be a little clearer. The hotel was nice enough. Very big and had a pool, which we didn't use, but it looked nice. The rooms were modern and well appointed. The bathrooms were clean and all was in order. The shower curtain barely covered the edge of the tub, which I am noticing more and more in hotels. I guess it is to save money on materials. The amount of water that was on the floor after the shower could cause a slip. I am not sure if the risk is worth the reward. Not to mention that it is just annoying to use some of your allotted towels to mop up the floor. The thing caught us really off guard is that there is on AC in the hall or elevator. Which would not seem like such a huge deal, except we were on the 3rd floor and back and forth several times and it was in the 90's outside. It made it very unpleasant.

**Things that the hotel cannot control""
We went to the lounge after returning back after our event and were greeted with a packed bar, 1/2 underage (looked about 19-20 year olds) and on the other side of the bar was a "private event" which turned out to be a swingers convention. Too funny. It ended up getting a bit raunchy by the end of the night and there were a couple of baseball teams staying in the hoteland the kids would walk by the all glass front lounge. Again, nothing that the hotel can control, or would want to, just not what we expected to see when we went downstairs to watch the baseball game because we could not get it in our room

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel! We know you must have a very busy schedule and appreciate that you took time out of your day. Thank you for the positive comments and also for informing us on areas that we need to improve. Please accept my sincere apologize for your inconvenience and problem you received. I will pass along your comments to my staff and managers. I will also let the management company know your thoughts and ask if AC could be installed in the hallways. Please feel free to contact me directly to correct the situation and provide you with highest level of customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my father stayed in the facilities for a total of 7 days. Came down to visit family living in Hatfield. For the most part, the stay was OK. The only issues we experienced were the house cleaning services through out the week. The beds were not done properly, sheets weren't switched out every day. How do I know? The sharpie mark still intact through-out the week. Room would not be vacuumed, complimentary items would be missing at times. Besides this, the staff was OK. Not certain if I would return back. Did notice they are building a Courtyard Marriott across the street though. Maybe we will stay there next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel! We know you must have a very busy schedule and appreciate that you took time out of your day. Thank you for the positive comments and also for informing us on areas that we need to improve. Please accept my sincere apologize for your inconvenience and problem you received. I will pass along your comments to my staff, managers. As part of our Green Engage program we do not change stayover guest sheets unless it is requested or 5 days have passed but I will let my housekeeping manager know the problem you faced. Please feel free to contact me directly to correct the situation and provide you with highest level of customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Came here with 15 and 16 year olds for a baseball tournament, and this was a very good place to stay. Rooms were very clean and modern. The outdoor pool and gym were much better than average. Breakfast was good, nothing special but, very good to start the day.
Dining options in the immediate area are so so; particularly if you are looking for a meal after 8:00 or 9:00 PM. However there are good options if you are willing drive 15 to 25 minutes.
I would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Thorner H
Eric R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel! We know you must have a very busy schedule and appreciate that you took time out of your day. Thank you for the positive comments and also for informing us on areas that we need to improve. Please accept my sincere apologize for your inconvenience and problem you received. I will pass along your comments to my staff, managers. Please feel free to contact me directly to correct the situation and provide you with highest level of customer satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Eric@hilansdale.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kulpsville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Holiday Inn Lansdale? Share your experiences!