“Nice hotel and staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Binghamton, New York
“Nice hotel and staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After searching for a Holiday Inn for miles we stumbled upon this one. It was pricier than some Holiday Inn's we haved stayed at but it was very nice. Our room had a great flat screen t.v., cozy linens, a fridge, microwave, and free internet. We walked in with no reservation and we were greeted immediately and accomodated very well. The gentleman at the front desk told us what door to use to make it easier for us to lug in all of our bags and he also gave our son some candy. Our room was overlooking the pool and was quite large. We enjoyed our stay and the are has a lot of restaurants not too far away.

Room Tip: Chooses a room away from the ice machines.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2012

THE PROS: The hotel itself looks really nice and the staff are extremely friendly. Flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, and coffee pot in every room... and the beds are super comfortable. There was also a magician working the hotel one night and he was just mind blowing. I had a huge issue with my first room, and the hotel immediately took action and moved me to another room and did what they need to do to take care of me. The general manager is very accommodating.

THE CONS: The elevators and stairwells are both constantly hot-- not just warm-- HOT! I don't think a/c runs to either one... The guest laundry only has 2 washers and dryers, and the hotel is rather large so the two times I went down to do wash, I was waiting in a line; I ended up coming back down at 4 AM one morning so I didn't have to wait. The restaurant is a disgrace-- breakfast was OKAY but dinner both nights I ate there was just horrible. They over marinate their steaks and over-use vinegar in a lot of their dishes. And a lot of their items taste "fresh out of the package!"

Overall, due to the extremely accommodating and friendly staff, I WOULD stay here again. I'd just make sure I was on the first floor to avoid the use of the elevators and I would most definitely not be taking advantage of their restaurant.

Room Tip: When they advice you where to park for best access to your room, LISTEN TO THEM.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristina H
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Lansdale, PA. We had a room with 2 double beds. The room was nice, but the AC did not cool the room down at all. We set it for the lowest setting and the room never got cool (mind you we were there in the heatwave). They are said to have free internet service, however, none of the 5 or 6 wi-fi options worked, which was a very big let down. I was under the impression that they had a free breakfast which was not the case. If you are spending over $100 a night, it would be very nice if you offered guests a free breakfast or at least do not advertise that you offer that when you don't. The pool was nice, but they need more chairs and tables with umbrellas. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the bathroom nice. The elevator is very slow, just take the stairs if you need to get somewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JodiR95
Frederick, MD
Reviewed May 21, 2012

For our trip to Doylestown, PA (15 miles away), I bid on a room in the Lansdale area through a certain website you all are aware of and was given the Holiday Inn Lansdale/Kulpsville. Other than the distance to Doylestown, this ended up being a wonderful choice and a very good value for my bid price.

Check in was friendly and once the clerk saw I was with my family, he made sure to give us a double nonsmoking room without asking. The room was very clean and comfortable and the bathroom had nice new fixtures. The hotel was nice and quiet and we slept well.

There was an outdoor pool which we didn't use, as it was probably a week away from opening for the season, but the fitness room looked much nicer than they often are in Holiday Inns - there were quite a few cardio machines, some actual weight equipment and about five televisions.

The location is RIGHT off the Northeast extension of the PA turnpike, in a safe area not too far from restaurants and shopping. It was a little further from my destination than I was hoping (not the hotel's fault), otherwise I would stay here again in a second.

Room Tip: The helpful desk staff will work with you if they have the rooms. We didn't even have to ask for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hawknoah
Groveport
Reviewed April 22, 2012

From reading past reviews it seems that room location plays a part in how pleased a guest has been with their stay. We stayed there for 5 nights in March, 2012 and were quite pleased. Booked the room through Priceline and paid $75.00/night. Beds were comfortable and room was nicely appointed. Bathroom was newly renovated and clean. The room came complete with a microwave, coffee maker and a small refrigerator. Great for some late night snacking! We found our location within the hotel to be quiet and convenient, with parking right outside the door. There are numerous dining options in the area and nearby convenience stores and pharmacies. The location is literally right off the PA turnpike exit. The free WiFi was quick and easy to use. We didn't visit the restaurant or bar, so I can't comment on that. We would definitely stay here again, especially if we can get a great Priceline price again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I recently stayed one night while on business at this hotel. The Good: The lobby and rooms were nicely furnished and everything was clean. Additionally the staff was helpful and friendly. The Bad: This hotel use to be a Best Western and the rooms have very “thin” walls and pass through doors with large gaps at the bottom so noise from adjoining room is a definite issue. My room generally seemed to be noisy all night (refrig, heater, etc.. clicking and making an unusual amount of noise). While the bathroom was nicely appointed, the shower had a lower ceiling and was very cramped and the drain was slow so water accumulated during the shower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear We-love-great-beaches,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Holiday Inn Lansdale. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. Thank you again.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Kulpsville hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a very good hotel for the location. They have a wide range of amenities from a gym to a restaurant. It has everything you might need if on a business trip and it's very cheap. I wasn't blown away by the hotel for any specific reason, but it was clean, and the workers there were very helpful. I have no complaints about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kulpsville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville
Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Holiday Inn Lansdale? Share your experiences!