“Older hotel with fabulous service”
Review of Quality Inn Royle

Quality Inn Royle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kittanning
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days on business. The hotel is older and part of it has outside access to the rooms. That was where I stayed. The temps never rose above 17 degrees. With the entrance outside, the room was chilly so I had to keep the heat turned way up. That helped a lot. No complaints from the staff, who were among the most friendly and cooperative I have come in contact with. My bathroom faucet had a very small leak at the fixture; when I mentioned it they said they would repair it. When I came back the next evening, they had replaced it with a brand new modern fixture. Nice. Good breakfast; nothing fancy, but there was variety. Kittanning is a small town, so it was convenient to everything. Again, the staff makes the place. And the room, though older, was very clean; flat screen TV, too. Recommended.

Room Tip: If it's very cold, might consider room with inside entrance,e.g., second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I appreciated the quality of the bed/bedding and the breakfast. The remainder of the room desperately needed updating (bathroom, carpet, etc.)...I stayed on the front side of the hotel which are apparently the original rooms. I stayed on the back side only once and recall that the room was much nicer there. The front rooms are "okay", the back rooms are "much better", and I choose to stay here each year when I am in town.

Room Tip: Front rooms are more outdated and you get more traffic noise there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for an entire week for a family reunion. We were in the family suite, which was huge with plenty of beds and room for all 6 of us. The suite is on the back side of the hotel on a rather quiet street; there is a grassy hill leading from the back of the hotel down to the street and the kids had a fabulous time each night trying to catch fireflies.
The hotel itself is an older property, but clean and convenient. The internet worked fine. You get free admission to the Belmont Pool complex just a short stroll up the street, but it doesn't stay open very late each day. We could only get there in time to use it on Saturday.
Breakfast was standard Choice Hotels fare and stocked very well.
Good choice if you are in the area, and priced reasonably.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank frazzledtripletmom
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Excellent as always!! Thank you so very much!! Your beds are so comfortable...we love the breakfast too. All requests have always been made simple. All we can ask for! A++

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank RespectIsEarned
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The place is loud, next to a heavily traveled truck route. It's kind of cramped for the price. The heater was noisy and the bathroom small. Not worth the rate. The kicker was when I had to have a meeting and wasn't sure I'd be back in time for the checkout. They wouldn't allow me 30 minutes - so I made sure to cut my meeting short to get my stuff out of the room. Won't stay there again!!! They weren't that busy to begin with - I will drive 20-30 miles next time I stay in the area to not go through this again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter S
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Property is fine and service is fine. Nothing fancy.... it is very reasonably priced and quiet if you stay on the back side near the belmont pool!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed in a jacuzzi suite New Years eve night. Room was clean and tidy. Jacuzzi worked great. Good breakfast in the morning..friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joab98
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittanning
Holiday Inn Express Kittanning
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Butler
The Old Parsonage Bed & Breakfast

Been to Quality Inn Royle? Share your experiences!