“A True Country View” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Kinzers B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, NY
“A True Country View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This bed & breakfast is a wonderful place to rest. Sure you can find isolated beaches, mountainside cabins and the like, for some peace and quiet. If your looking for that peace & quiet with easy access to delightful restaurants and outlet shopping... Country View is for you!

Eli and Barbara Smucker (yes - that recognized product name from the store is from their clan), are absolutely down to earth, peaceful, loving, honest folks that God has put on earth. I can say this because I've been going there for several years.

My wife and I stay over when we want to enjoy the Sight & Sound Theater, Amish food and the shopping outlet.... but that's another review I'll write another time.

Country View is very clean and comfortable. They do have tv's and dvd/vhs players but no tv broadcast/cablecast reception - that is why it is soooooooo peaceful. But on the upside.... there is free wi-fi (not the fastest but not the slowest either). Every so often you'll just hear the clippety clappety sound of horses going by, towing the Amish and their buggy. If you're bringing kids, Country View also has some animals on hand for the kiddies to get an up-close/feeding experience!

Barbara's breakfast is limited but it really is scrumptious. I don't always eat oatmeal but her baked blueberry oatmeal really makes me a convert!! There are also a variety of breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, yogart etc... I can really be a pig about the breakfast I eat but there are other visitors there too, so I have to share and be considerate about my portion - which is good. If I ate too big of a breakfast, my Amish lunch would be so far off schedule!

When you have the amenities of home and you want more... well, there are certainly other places for you to go to. The value they provide can't be beat! I know the adage, 'You get what you pay for' but that will depend on what YOU value as well.

Room Tip: Aside from a standard room, there is an apartment on the first floor (back of the house). It has it...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank omegaman2k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Quality Excellent Facilities Excellent Service Excellent

My husband and I just spent 7 nights at Counrtyview B&B and it was the best time in my life, Eli and Barbara are the most loveliest Godly people and we felt part of the family...thank you Eli and Barbara. The rooms are fabulous, the food well what can one say...delicious and plenty of it, and the position perfect. We were truly blessed meeting you bot and we will be back in 2014...Bruce has promised me..canty wait. If you are looking at this review, look no further this is the place for you, its real, authentic, and the amish and their buggies go past all the time. Also great value for money.

Room Tip: all rooms are wonderful and you wont be disappointe
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl C
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We only had one night here but we really enjoyed meeting the inn-keepers as they were very helpful. There truly was a country view from our rooms in the back of the house. The oatmeal at breakfast was delicious! I would certainly go back again for a longer stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

A group of us, five couples and 4 babies rented the place for a weekend. Every aspect of our stay was great.

The rooms were comfortable, clean, spacious (though being from New York gives me a warped sense of space) and peaceful. Each room had its own bathroom which is not always the case at Bed and Breakfasts.

Breakfasts were a nice spread and everything tasted fresh.

The location was absolutely peaceful with beautiful views of farmlands in the area.

Eli nd Barbara, the owners of the property had many good ideas on places to visit and where to eat and their recommendations were excellent. They were very nice and made us feel welcome. They also were quite open to discussing their faith as Mennonites and the differences between them and the Amish.

I enjoyed everything and I Recommend the Inn.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Gabriel S
Baldwinville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We just completed our 5th or 6th trip to Country View. This time it was just my boyfriend and I and as usual we had a pleasant and relaxing trip. In the past I have stayed their with my kids and parents and each trip has revealed the same...comfortable, affordable accommodations in the heart of Amish country. The B&B is located on a main road but out in the country so you hear the clip-clop of horses hooves often. Eli and Barbara are great hosts and provide a tasty breakfast each morning. I appreciate how they have added tv's with dvd/vhs in the rooms although we didn't really use it much. The animals out back are also nice...just don't let the turkey or geese get too close when you're feeding them corn! Great location and exceptional price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kym G
Nutley, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

My wife and I just got back from a two night stay at Country View! This was our first time staying there, but I am sure it will not be our last. We stayed in the Victorian Suite which featured a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. The room itself was basic, but nicely decorated and very clean. The only "issue" with the room as I noticed on previous reviews is the fact that the televisions do not get any channels, but there is a DVD/VCR hook up. There are movies available to watch, but I would recommend bringing some if you are the type of person who likes to unwind in front of the television at the end of your day.

The location of the bed and breakfast was perfect! It was very peaceful, off the beaten track yet close enough to get to all of the major attractions but far enough away that you were never tempted to sneak back to the bed and breakfast for a nap. While in Kinzers be sure to stop by the thrift store down the road, the Amish grocery store just up the road, and the general store within walking distance.

Eli and Barbara were great hosts. Very warm and welcoming and just genuiely nice people! They made great suggestions of what to do and helped to make our stay better. The breakfast in the morning was good! They call it a continental breakfast, but it is more than that. There is cereal, oatmeal, bagels, pastries, and at least one hot dish. Be sure to get the baked oatmeal recipe!

My only disappointment was the weather was a bit cold, so I didn't get to enjoy reading out on the front porch which I envisioned. Oh well, if that is my only complant I am doing well!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarkieJ1216
Clarks Summit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Eli and Barbara were helpful, knowledgeable and delightful. The room was very comfortable. The Kinzers area of Lancaster County is far enough out of the way to be quiet but close enough the everything so you don't mind the drive. This is definitely a rural area and not as touristy as a lot of the rest of the county. There is a TV and VCR/DVD in the room but no cable or antenna hook-up so keeping up on the TV news was not an option. Very modestly priced. Well worth it! Great place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinzers
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Hershey Farm Inn
Hershey Farm Inn
#3 of 16 in Ronks
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,012 reviews

Been to Country View PA Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!