“Wonderful dinner for Christmas”
Review of Cascade Lodge - CLOSED

Cascade Lodge
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Every year my husband and I go out for a nice dinner to celebrate another year together. This year we chose the Cascade Lodge. We invited another couple to join us this year. We went on a Thursday night. We ordered a bottle of wine, something we do not normally do. We then had appetisers, and again they were good. Then on to salads with their homemade dressings, something you do not normally see on a menu! We each tried a different one and they were great. On to the main course, Again we each ordered somethiing different. The food was hot and fresh. Sometimes we are a little hesitant to order different items because we are afraid it will taste of the freezer. This was not the case. We had some of the speciality coffees and tried the special chocolate dessert that was recommended by our waitress, which was great! All in all, we had a great time. Yes the restaurant is old, but that is part of the charm. Be prepared for a step back in time. They are decorated for Christmas. Wonderful for the atmosphere! The wood stove was going as well as the gas heater. The candle is above the table instead of on it. I read the complaints about the musty smell. If you were an old wooden structure, you would have a smell also. It was not as bad as I thought it would be after reading the reviews. We all had the best time and were not rushed to quickly finish our meals as we have been in other restaurants so that they could turn the table. If you want a nice dinner with no rush, a romantic or quiet place, and good hot food, this is the place.

1  Thank Linda J

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very old fashioned restaurant with really wonderful table side cooking. Quiet dining so it would be great for a date, but be prepared to go for a several mile walk or jog afterwards. The food was so rich and I dont normally get heartburn, but I walked for several miles afterwards. I was lucky enough to get good weather and a full moon which made the walking extra special;) The trout is my recommendation!

2  Thank Hucklebunny
Reviewed October 27, 2012

When entering the lodge, we were first hit with a strong musty odor. Then we waited a good 5 minutes before we even saw someone to seat us (the place was empty). Their actual dinner menu was a quarter of what they show online. My duck was dry and the potatoes undercooked. My fiance's seafood risotto was also undercooked with scallops that were raw in the middle and lobster that was so overcooked it had the consistency of chewing gum. The kitchen should be ashamed of sending food out like that... especially at the prices they charge!

3  Thank LDHM_12
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We bought a "living Social" deal for Cascade Lodge. Had been there awhile ago but not recently.
We went on a chilly Thursday evening and were warmed by the fireplace and hanging real candle lanterns. We started with a cocktail and were soon brought the best hot rolls and butter drizzled with maple syrup. Yum! Next a nice salad arrived with sliced apples, so good. We both ordered the same entree because it sounded great and it was! The schnitzel was wonderfully done and presented with capers and lemon. The plate also include red cabble, scalloped potatoes, carrots and the best sliced cucumbers. The chef has not been there that long but he sure knows what he is doing. We loved our meal. I was too full for dessert but husband had some ice cream. Coffee was so good. We lingered enjoying our coffee and the fire. Such a pleasant relaxing experience. Kudos to the chef! We will be back!

2  Thank ms410913
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here for my birthday dinner back in June. First, the lady that seated us was rude and not welcoming at all. I asked if we could sit out on the deck and she scolded me by saying "NO, it's raining" It was absolutely not raining. Why would I ask to sit outside if it were raining. Thank god she was not our server, but she did do the tableside trout and had a scoul on her face the entire time. As we were finishing up our meal, she scolded another women who was three tables away from us and the whole dining room heard her, she then snatched the women's menu out of her hands and walked away. I have never seen such aweful service in my life! I was absolutely appalled by the way this women behaved. She should be ashamed of herself and should not work with the public. The food was not that great either, not for the price that you pay. I will never go back there ever again even if they are giving the food away.

3  Thank slc75_12