“New Experience”

Costello's
Ranked #31 of 63 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This address states Kingston but, it could also come under Edwardsville.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I visited here as the guest of my son for dinner. We were promptly seated and waited on. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, however the calamari was greasy and one piece cold. When pointed out to the server she returned with a discount coupon for a future visit. The tiramisu was excellent. Decor was higher end but the paper napkins were a disappointment. On par with an Olive Garden, but locally owned, which is a plus

1  Thank JHAllen

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Decent food & service; closed Mondays. Very clean, nice atmosphere. Not many daily specials, but extremely comprehensive menu with many choices.

2  Thank MusicManfromPA
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Wife and I had a dinner thanks to a gift certificate from our daughter wife had the Chicken Parmesan and I had Crab and Spinach Risotto both were very good . went back about a week later and I had the chicken carbonara and wife had a herd cooked chicken breast her's was fine my chicken was a bit over cooked but I will say the flavor of the sauce was very good

1  Thank boney170
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Went for lunch and had burger and chips. The burger was good and the chips even better. BUT there has to be attention and focus on guest awareness and satisfaction.

No one was present to seat me. Finally the owner came and sat me; then had to find a server. The server did not mention any specials (there was a special board facing the wrong way) at entrance. Server never came back to see how things were or refill drink.

I think if they are going to compete with similar establishments they need to educate people on guest satisfaction. The atmosphere and food alone is not going to get it.

Recommend but with hesitation.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

I would definitely recommend eating at this restaurant. The food is reasonably priced and good. The atmosphere is also very nice. I like reading reviews so I felt like writing a well deserved one for this restaurant. I hope this helps you decide!