“Excellent Customer Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

When it comes to the DoubleTree, I am all about the cookies (warm, oaty, chocolatey, walnuty goodness) but the star of the show in King of Prussia was definitely the staff.

Customer Service - The customer service is absolutely fantastic at this DoubleTree. The tall young man who checked us in and who works night was very friendly and personable. Another young woman who also works night (I wish I'd gotten names!) was nice enough to give me some rubber bands for Easter baskets my mom was putting together upstairs. Asking for rubber bands is a little more exotic than asking for, say, toothpaste. Nonetheless, she was so helpful and genuinely kind (going as far as to ask if the size of the rubber bands she managed to locate were okay because if not, she could find more). We were always greeted with a warm smile and an enthusiastic hello when we entered the building. Top marks for the friendly, capable staff.

Room - We stayed on the Hilton Honors floor and the room was great. It was large and vey clean. The decor was modern. There were plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were a good compromise between fluffy and firm.

Breakfast - The breakfast buffet was included, I think because we are Hilton Honors members. It featured eggs, sausage, bacon, thick cut cinnamon delicious french toast, pancakes, fresh fruit, muffins, steel cut oatmeal, grits, greek Yogurt, various juices, an egg station (omelets, over easy, etc, all made to order) and other goodies. Everything I tried was very tasty. The staff in the dining area also provided excellent service. For example, the hostess brought me water when the waitress was busy. She could have simply told me to wait until my waitress took my drink order. Its the little things...

All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Springa
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you were pleased with the hotel staff, and enjoyed your room, breakfast, and cookies while you were here. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area!
Care Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Veronica (3rd fl housekeeping) was very helpful, and professional. Ajoining rooms do not afford quiet time. It seemed that the persons in my ajoining rooms were night owls. In Sat/Sat night we called the front dest 3 times becaus a loud party was going on. It was not until 3:30am that thoes persons were escorted out of the hotel. I don't think it should have taken 3 calls before they were asked to leave. A sleep room should not be leased for parties.

2  Thank Betty W

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm so glad you were pleased with Veronica, one of our terrific housekeepers! I do apologize that the room adjacent to you was noisy during your stay. We do hope that you do choose to stay with us the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

When I arrived, no staff were on hand to welcome me or help me unload my car. I had to get a luggage cart and load all my boxes onto it by myself. My room was clean enough, but the desk chair had white paint marks on it. The fitness center had a good selection of machines, but there were no gym wipes which is very unsanitary, and there were no cups provided with the water cooler. The event staff were polite; the problem with the meeting rooms is that there is no elevator that goes to the meeting rooms floor. There is just a small one-person elevator, meant for disabled people, that is very noisy and slow and requires a hotel staff member to operate. This is not accessible for event guests, and it made bringing in and taking out my materials boxes difficult.

2  Thank Emily S
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We have brought this to the Front Office and Housekeeping Manager's attention and appropriate action has taken place. Again, I am very sorry we did not meet our standards during your visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had a great time here. I was on business and there a whole week. At each turn all of the staff anticipated all my needs and saw to them in advance: booking cars, directions in the local area, food in the bar - everything was offered and I didn't have to ask! What's more, some of the guys there learnt my name. How they do that I don't know - they must see so many people! Of particular note was Shavon on reception who just seemed to know absolutely everything useful and who was ever so friendly and helpful.

The hotel itself is in an interesting location near the mall. I'd probably recommend hiring a car to get around the area, but the hotel itself is very quiet and the pool is lovely on an evening!

1  Thank Claire P

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you were pleased by the staff while you were here. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The employees were great and very professional. I stayed at this hotel for three days for a conference and every request of the staff that I asked was met and over exceded my expectation. The only minus was the late turnaround time for housekeeping to restock and freshen up the rooms. My room was left undone well into the late afternoon, early evening.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff while you were here. I do apologize about your room not being ready when you returned in the afternoon, I have spoken to our Housekeeping Manager about this, so that we can resolve this issue. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in the Valley Forge area so we can WOW you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree, King of Prussia for a wedding. It is not a budget hotel.It is nicely appointed from the lobby to the rooms. The staff is pleasant and managed to deliver a suite upgrade on request. The breakfast was good, but a bit pricey. There are indications this is an older hotel that has been updated. Some outlets are very close to the floor, making access difficult. The tubs have been removed and replaced with large step in showers.Bathroom space is tight, but ok for traveling. This hotel caters to business, conference, and leisure travel and manages to do it quite well. Floors are quiet and public areas are large. The only disappointment is the pool is outside and not usable in cooler weather. Overall I would recommend the Doubletree in King of Prussia.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane M

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay! I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff and the lobby while you were here. We hope to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The service was excellent, especially from Shavonn, she was friendly and helped with any issues that I had. Staff was very courteous. Rooms were clean and spacious. Food options were terrific as well. I did have an issue with their elevator doors not opening. I was stuck in the elevator for about 5 minutes but the issue was eventually resolved and I had no issues with it the rest of my stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the rooms, the food and were pleased with the staff while you were here. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. I have contacted our Engineering Manager about this issue, so that is does not happen again. We hope to choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.