“Doubletree - King of Prussia”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Chicago, United States
“Doubletree - King of Prussia”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have come to the conclusion that this place is not for me. It's not a bad place -not at all. The rooms are large, the accommodations of the meeting space are very nice. Food is good. Some things that are important to me as a traveler, are not necessarily strengths for this place. Or I should say, I can find other area hotels who do it much better. I like quick, easy and safe access to the building from the parking lot. This hotel has entrance only at the front door, yet parking can be far away from it. And the long walk is also downhill (or uphill), a pretty steep one, if it is icy, you are carrying luggage, in heels etc. Too much to deal with in my opinion in addition to being alert. The beds are just OK. And the front desk staff always seems majorly, busy, over extended, and stressed out by that. They are friendly, but, you know they have way too much going on.

1 Thank Judy L
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the meeting rooms and the food while you were here. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I am sorry that you did not like the parking set up at the hotel. We have relayed your message to our Supervisors and will look into these inconveniences you experienced while you were here. We hope you choose to stay with us again and we can impress you during your next stay.
Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This DoubleTree in Valley Forge / King of Prussia is clean and functional, without bells or whistles. It sits within a mile of the large King of Prussia shopping complex (but really not walkable), directly across the road from a smaller shopping plaza, and is easily accessible by several highways connecting to Philadelphia, etc.

Rooms feature the basic amenities, including room safe and free wifi (if memory serves). The hot breakfast buffet is above par. A gym is complemented by an outdoor pool, which was closed as of early April. The hotel also provides ample free parking. The major area for improvement lies in the service -- the front desk, etc. had a distinctly empty feel, for example.

Room Tip: Our rooms facing away from DeKalb Pike was very quiet, although it is likely that rooms facing DeKal...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and the breakfast buffet while you were here. I do apologize for the lack of service that you received at the Front Desk while you were here. We very much appreciate this candid remark and I have spoken with our Front Office Manager about this issue. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in the Valley Forge area so that we can WOW you with our service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jennifer.benedict@hilton.com
La Palma, California
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent one night here while in the area for a short business seminar, which was held in the hotel's ballrooms. I arrived very late at night (just before midnight) after a long day of travel delays from the west coast, so I was very pleased to find the front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Check-in was efficient and I was up to my room very quickly, with my warm Doubletree cookie in hand of course! The room was spacious, quiet, and comfortable and internet service was complementary. I also found the bed to be very comfortable and I had absolutely no problems getting a good night's sleep. The location is quite good as well if you need to stay in the Valley Forge area. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping within a fairly short distance. The King of Prussia Mall is right down the street - less than 2 minutes driving time (or walking distance for many people).

The only experience I had with the food was the continental breakfast that came with my seminar and the lunch buffet at the main restaurant. The lunch buffet food was good but nothing spectacular, but based on some of the other reviews I probably didn't experience enough to give it a fair shake.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I ever find myself in the Valley Forge area.

1 Thank jandrfas
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff, your room, and the warm Doubletree chocolate chip walnut Cookie. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here while in the area for work. What a wonderful hotel! The staff was accommodating, friendly, and just plain lovely. I'm often in the King of Prussia area for work, and the area is just ok, but this hotel makes your stay in the area so pleasant. The lobby is beautiful and the room was very comfortable. Not to mention, the restaurant is delicious! I had dinner and drinks there, and highly recommend the flat bread. Cocktails were great too. The bed was clean and I slept like a baby and woke up completely reinvigorated. I honestly couldn't say enough nice things about my stay. The food is really a must taste! It's a great place to stay, and I highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff, the flatbreads and drinks at the restaurant! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.
Mountain Top, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had a pleasent stay at this hotel. Would recommend it. The hotel is close to many places to eat, shop and visit. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was terrific. if they have the seven spice Tuna in the resturaunt it is a must to get! Hope this was helpful to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the 7 spice tuna, the helpful staff, and the breakfast! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.
Annapolis, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had an excellent Time! The Staff was great! We ate at the restaurant for Breakfast and Dinner twice it was wonderful! We would come back again. Warm Welcome. Conference Center area was perfect. I LOVE THE WARM COOKIES!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff, the restaurant, and the warm cookies. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.
Hillsborough, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The restaurant was excellent (both food and service) and the price was reasonable. The hotel staff was very attentive to my needs, but I could not stay here again. I have to have fast internet access at all times, and I cannot chance noisy neighbors disturbing my sleep

1 Thank Lynda S
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant and the hotel staff while you were here. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the internet connection, and also the noise you experienced while you were here. I have spoken to our Engineering Manager about the internet so that we can resolve these issues. Again, I am very sorry, and hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can WOW you during your next visit.