DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
IL
“Wow and more Wow”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been staying at this location multiple times a year and every time I have enjoyed my stay. The hotel is conveniently located near King of Prussia Mall and other restaurants. The hotel itself is clean with comfortable beds and amenities. The gym is fantastic and so is the useful business centre at the lobby. The breakfast is superb and so is the dinner. The bathroom showers are good; sometimes the shower heads are difficult to move and can be replaced. As a Diamond member, I am always greeted by my first name and always felt welcome at this property. The staff is very humble and has looked into my smaller requests carefully to provide best service. Great job and keep it up!

Some minor issues that I would like to bring attention are multiple wifi network accounts, which are confusing. Once I chose a wifi network that was too slow and the front desk mentioned that I need to pay to upgrade to a faster network. Although the charges were dropped during check out - I suggest to just convert to a single wifi network.

Parking in the rear of the hotel is a little tight if you have a full size car/SUV and it needs skills to maneuver to enter/exit the smaller spaces - the hotel should consider enlarging the spaces and redo the parking lot, perhaps keeping some separate spots for frequent visitors (or Diamond Honor members).

Overall very satisfying stays and I look forward to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nwajustdoit
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience while you were here. Thank you for letting us know your concerns about the property as well, these items will be passed along to appropriate managers. We always appreciate the candid feedback so we can better our property for future enjoyment. We hope to welcome you back to the property in the near future!
Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Standard Doubletree property with clean, comfortable rooms. I was very pleased with my accommodations and my interactions with the front desk staff. I was disappointed one morning during breakfast watching two employees have a long running disagreement on the floor. It was very immature and unprofessional. I ended up leaving the restaurant because it made me uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so glad you enjoyed the rooms and the front desk staff during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with your breakfast expereince at our property. I can assure you that I will pass this review on to our restuarant managers in order to fix the issues mentioned. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future so we can WOW you during your next stay.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is a pretty standard Doubletree as far as the accomodations. I was upgraded to a suite with a skylight, which was great. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The problems started when I decided to eat dinner at the restaurant/bar. There were about 8 people at the bar and the bartender appeared to be handling them well. My work partners and I grabbed a table. Now, we were the only ones in the table area. The server was nowhere to be found. Ten minutes later, the bartender came to help us. She was less than friendly. We told her we wanted to order food, so she took our drink order and brought back menus, eventually. She left our drinks on a tray on a nearby table. (?) After a couple of minutes, a server appeared and brought the drinks the rest of the way to our table. She was friendly, to be sure, but when she said she would give us a minute to look over the menus, it turned into another 10. I don't know where she went when she left us, but as we were the only ones in the dining room, it probably was not work related. Once she came back and took our order, there was another 15 minute wait for the food. Let me say here the food was excellent. But our plates were long clean by the time she came back to check on us. A couple of my associates ordered after dinner drinks, which took, you guessed it, another 10 minutes. We chatted for a bit, they finished their drinks and were looking for a refill when I decided I couldn't take any more and left. They told me the next day that the second round was another half hour. A similar thing happened with breakfast in a different section of the hotel. The food, once again, was very good, and the chef who prepared the eggs and omelettes did a fine job. The servers, when they finally get to your table, are quick to ask if they can get you any juice or coffee, but very slow on the delivery. Some of us got up and looked for our own beverages. I know from the time I ordered my WATER, I ordered an omelette, stood in line for it, brought it back to the table and ate about half of it before the WATER showed up. So as not to stress the servers, the next morning I brought my own bottle. The good news: there are lots of restaurants and diners in the vicinity of this hotel that seem more enthusiastic about getting food to you. So enjoy the accommodations and plan meals accordingly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and the skylight during your visit.
I am so sorry for the inconveniences you experienced when visiting the restaurants while you were here. These incidents are completely unacceptable and we have brought this issue to the appropriate manager’s attention. I appreciate the valued feedback so that we can better our accommodations for future guests. Again I do apologize. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at jennifer.benedict@hilton.com
Iowa
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've stayed here a few times on business and the staff is always extremely friendly and helpful no matter what you need. The room is always clean and I always enjoy my stay when I'm there. The restaurant food it good, but a bit higher priced. Decent breakfast.

1 Thank Erin S
CarolineDeHart, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kinds words about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and the friendly staff while you were here. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Memphis, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was part of a training session where the room rate was supposed to be modified from like 169 to 129. This discount was not provided. Also, my reservation was for Sunday night through Wednesday. However, I got stranded in Cincinatti. I called to disclose this information and was told the room would not be charged. It was charged and took me three visits to the front desk to correct.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am so sorry we were not able to provide you with the outstanding service you can expect at our property. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please contact me directly at jennifer.benedict@hilton.com. I look forward to welcoming you again soon. Thank you.

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a great stay and a great teaching experience at this hotel. The staff was very pleasant and responsive and all of our needs were met...even when we had last minute changes for them. I got a really nice cheese plate with wine upon my arrival and the upgrade to a King Suite was fabulous. Thanks for a great experience!

1 Thank Tina D
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff and your visit while you were here. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Vallegy Forge, United States
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed at the DoubleTree at Valley Forge and everything was just lovely. From check-in, to room service to easy check-out, all staff members were friendly and helpful. Breakfast in hotel bar area is very slow, but other than that everything was super!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Mary W
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for your kind words from your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon!