“Unhappy departure”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Davenport, Iowa, United States
“Unhappy departure”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I think you should have a airport van available the the guests. When I landed took cab and was charged seventy dollars. Kin of shocked me. I'm just a hayseed from Iowa so wasn't ready for high priced of east coast. Outside of the room not being cleaned on Sat. it was just all right at best. found staff in resturant in evening was not the best. Food was good but staff seemed to get mixed up at best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. It is our goal to always provide excellent customer service to all of our guests and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we received from our valued guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take necessary actions to make sure similar situations do not arise in the future. Thank you again for commenting, if you would like to discuss this more, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Jenny B,
Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have stayed here 6-8 times. I stay here because I choose to stay away from downtown Philly. The location works for my needs. It is directly across from the KOP mall. The staff is fabulous and will go out of their way to assist. In-room dining is very good. Fast and tasty. Only had a few issues with returning food.
The rooms are clean most of the time. The only problem is the property is showing it's age. I have staying in rooms missing the handles to open and close the curtains, some phones did not work, mildew in the faucets and shower heads, beds are worn,the HVAC is not efficient. I had an occasion in which I was late to a meeting because maintenance was trying to fix the AC. I wished they would have just moved me, but I think they were full. I didn't ask. The best they could do was leave the actual unit under the window running. This was difficult to control the temp.
I hope a facelift is due. I enjoy the area. The staff is eager to please and I will continue to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Tina,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your past stay. I am glad you enjoy the staff and food at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Fulton, IL
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was in King of Prussia for a dr. visit and was given this hotel choice as part of the medical package. It is a very good choice due to the fact they provide a great shuttle service back and forth to the clinic. The entire experience was great, great staff all the way around and no problems during my visit. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if visiting the Philly area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Bafcaf,

Thank you so much for your great comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay while you were visiting the Valley Forge area. We hope to see you again if you return to the area!

Stillwater, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I always choose a Hilton owned hotel because I am always pleased with the accommodations, comfort of the bed and cleanliness. We enjoyed swimming in the pool, coffee in the morning was great and receiving complimentary bottles of water was appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel for your most recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Valley Forge. We are glad that you enjoyed the pool during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area!

clinton, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had surgery at laser spine institute. All the staff at this hotel were truly amazing. They did all they could for my wife and I. Never had to ask for anything they went out of their way for us. I am truly impressed and thankful. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joe,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words about your most recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Valley Forge. I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay while you were visiting the Laser Spine Institute. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in the Valley Forge area!

king of prussia, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

No hot water for shower upon check in, were not forewarned. No hot water for over two hours, no offer of alternative room or options. No compensation, did get an apology but really didn't help when all we wanted was a hot shower after a long day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Kelly A
Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Valley Forge, I am sorry that the hot water was not working when you arrived as this is not up to our standards. We have shared your comments with the team as to improve our overall service provided in the future. I am sorry that this trip we were not able to offer you an alternate room, and if you would like to speak with me in person I would be happy to discuss this with you further, please feel free to contact me. We hope to see you again soon.

Woodstock, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first time staying at this establishment. The staff at this hotel were amazing! I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or pleasure. Every staff member was knowledgeable and courteous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Bonita B
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Bonita,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your past stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Valley Forge. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our courteous staff. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in the King of Prussia area.