“Outdated but close to a mall”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
“Outdated but close to a mall”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

When I stayed here it was my second time at a doubletree. It felt more like an embassy suites than the last one i stayed at.

However, I can't complain one bit though. With our corporate rate, I got free breakfast. Breakfast was pretty good. The room had a living room with it so it was extra spacious.

The hotel is also right across the street from Plymouth Plaza which is pretty much a mall with lots of restaurants.

Like some hiltons, this was on the outdated side. It was a little tricky to find. I had to make 2-3 circles to finally find it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matthew M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Doubletree Valley Forge.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast, and found the rooms to be spacious. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Should your travels bring you back to the area please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assists with any future bookings.

Assistant Front Office manager
matthew.moore3@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business traveling around Philadelphia. Would have to say some other reviews are picky - if you are high maintenance, then don't travel. For the price and what you get I recommend the DoubleTree. I expected an above average hotel and that is what it is. Greeted very friendly upon arrival. Amenities are good: gym was smaller than average but clean modern equipment, each time I went machines were available, clean pool, rooms are clean, bathroom accessories are plentiful, rooms are spacious and quiet, internet is quick, all popular tv channels, HVAC is efficient, restaurant is nice and priced lower than others I've been to around cities. I did not rent a car this trip due to local sales rep and the shuttle from hotel to KOP mall and surrounding area is spot on with recommendations and pick / drop off time. I will stay again when in KOP.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and our accommodations. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.
Farmingdale, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I would not go back to this hotel for two reasons: 1. The rooms are not clean. Just take a look at the lamps in the guest rooms. Accumulated dust inside the lamp. DISGUSTING! 2. The fitness center is very small. The a/c was not working, and even when I informed the hotel staff it was still not working the next day. It was 95 degrees, so working out was awful. The best part of my stay was the warm cookie.

2 Thank Helene K
Matthew M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Doubletree Valley Forge.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the warm cookie at check in.
I am so sorry to learn that your experience in the fitness center was not a positive one as well as housekeeping concerns in your guest room. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your stay.

matthew.moore3@hilton.com
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just returned from a 3-night stay for a convention. Staff treated everyone very well, and the meeting rooms had everything we needed. Rooms were spacious, beds were on the newer side and the shower was huge (with a door), unlike other hotels where the shower curtain sticks to your body as you shower.

We also had the breakfast buffet in the mornings which offered everything, including an omelette station. The coffee and orange juice were good and very welcome in the mornings.

My only disappointment was with the lunch buffet offered at the hotel. The food was not exciting in the least (and very few choices were offered). We chose to order off the regular menu and went with a safe chicken ceasar salad.

Overall, good stay and would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Matthew M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and our accommodations. We are glad you enjoyed you breakfast experience with us and we will be sure to pass you feedback on lunch to the chef. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us and hope to have some new menu items for you to try. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pinedale, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was at the Hotel for one week. Everything was great. It could not be any better. Food was great,Staff was great. The shuttle Drivers were great. Never have seen any better... It Is a great Hotel. You get a great service for your money. It is in a great spot close to the mall. Witch was very handy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comments about your recent visit to the Doubletree Valley Forge. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt happy with your decision to stay at the Doubletree. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia so that I may assist you with arrangements for a future visit.
Warmest Regards,

Matthew
Elmira, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was not recognized as a Hilton Honors participant when checking in. The waitress was so bad at breakfast I had to go to the lobby to get my own coffee. Draps can not be totally closed at night, outside lights shine in the room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
I apologize you were not welcomed to the hotel as a HHonors member we do appreciate all of our HHonors members and their continued loyalty to our brand. I am also sorry to hear your breakfast experience was not up to our standards, and the drapes did not function properly in your guest room. I will be passing your comments along to out F&B team to help them improve their service. If your future travel plans bring you back to the area feel free to contact me so I can insure a flawless stay with us next time.

Regards
Matthew.Moore3@hilton.com
Chandler, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We used the conference rooms for a family reunion. The rooms were clean and the service was great. The conference rooms had everything we needed for a social event. I give an excellent rating for our stay at this hotel/

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel and our staff. We are glad you enjoyed you event here at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warm Regards,