“Stay at Double Tree”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Clearwater, United States
“Stay at Double Tree”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Room and bathroom were very clean and nice. I didn't like the layout of the hotel floor. If you are lucky you end up near an elevator. I ended up being near the end and had to walk past 40 rooms to get to my room from the elevator. Having arrived with my luggage, to find out my room key didn't work, I had to make that trip again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

All the DoubleTree hotels I have stayed in have friendly, helpful staff, nice rooms and great amenities. The beds are also very comfortable. I would recommend the Double Tree for business or personal stays.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CarolineDeHart, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Laura M,

Thank you for your positive feedback and brand loyalty! Please come back to visit sometime very soon!
Millersville, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was clean with friendly staff. The restaurant was excellent. I have back pain and the access to the conference area was by a very long flight of stairs or a small lift that had to be operated by security. It was very uncomfortable to get to that area. At one point I had to go outside and walk around the building to get there. OK in May but I would hate to do that during the winter.

Dear Margaret M.,

Thank you for your feedback! Your opinions are so valuable to us as we continue to improve our hotel to make things more comfortable for our guests. I apologize that the accessible lift was inconvenient for you. I understand your frustration and hope that we are able to accommodate you with meeting space on the same floor going forward.

We hope to see you again soon!
Adah, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

CLEAN, FRIENDLY,FOOD WAS GOOD,GREAT STAY! They accomadated me with need i had and the staff was very friendly. the restaurant has great burgers :) shuttle took me to laser spine for my surgery, it was a good experience.no horror stories here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

new york, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had a very nice stay at this double tree hilton location. cookie was amazing. fitness center very nice as well. i didnt have breakfast included with my stay which was annoying. i would recommend staying at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review and especially for your feedback about our restaurant! We will certainly keep this in mind as we make improvements to provide our guests with exceptional experiences!

Warm Regards,
Caroline DeHart
Guest Relations Manager
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a Hilton Gold member and my wife and I are also Hilton Vacation Club members so we have a long experience with Hilton properties. Lest you think our experience is unique, I would direct you to a review in 2012 by a Diamond member as well as several other Trip Advisor comments during the past year which have taken this hotel to task for its incredibly poor service. This is the first time that my wife and I have ever written a Trip Advisor review. When I booked the reservation for the hotel, I specifically noted that my 12 year daughter and I are allergic to down and asked that we have foam pillows and synthetic blankets. We arrived quite late because of a family function and had to get up early for my daughter's swim meet the next day. When my daughter started to have an allergic reaction, we realized that no substitutes had been made. That was okay; we have experienced the problem at other Hilton and Marriott properties before and it has always been resolved quickly and efficiently. What we had never encountered was the following. When my wife called down to ask for synthetic pillows and comforters, we were told this would be taken care of immediately.. When nothing happened after 10 minutes, she called again and was told a person was "on his way." A half hour after the initial call, my wife called a third time only to be told that the front desk "had a situation," indicating that nothing would be delivered anytime soon. Realizing that we had been lied to, I went downstairs to the lobby and told the front desk clerk that my daughter needed to get some sleep and that we needed the pillows and comforter. A man standing next to me, who did not introduce himself or his role but who clearly worked for the hotel, started to berate me, stating that if I continued to raise my voice he would have me thrown out of the hotel. I spoke firmly but I was not yelling. He then proceeded to tell me that not having the right pillows was "just an inconvenience." I told him that, in fact, my daughter has significant down allergies and that her health was more than an inconvenience. I repeatedly asked the hotel employee why he was arguing with me instead of simply delivering the pillows and comforter to our room. When he remained unresponsive and refused to move (it was clear he had no intention of making the delivery), I asked the person at the front desk to call the manager. I explained the situation to Ms. DeHart and even held the phone out for her to hear for herself how verbally abusive and inappropriate her employee was acting. She asked me what I wanted her to do. I would have thought it would be obvious but I asked her to please come down to the lobby. Ms. DeHart was very polite and very responsive and acknowledged that her employee was being out of line. While we spoke, the employee disappeared and we both assumed that he was going to retrieve the pillows and replacement comforter and take them to the room. When I arrived upstairs, no pillows and no comforter. I then went back downstairs to inform Ms. DeHart who said that she would take the replacement pillows and comforter to our room herself, if need be. They arrived just as I headed up to our room a second time. My family and I finally got to sleep at around 2 a.m.. Oh by the way, we asked for a 6 a.m. wake up call; the phone didn't ring until 6:30. Had I not gotten out of bed at 6 a.m., we would have overslept and could have missed my daughter's swim meet.

I was inclined to believe that ours was an isolated and unfortunate incident. Now that I am back home and after reading the many Trip Advisor reviews that speak directly to the terrible concept of service that seems to be the hallmark of this particular Doubletree, I would urge guests to stay away from this property. There is no room for belligerence, sarcasm, indifference or threats in a service establishment and my experience just seems to be the last in a long line of such sorry experiences.

If this is a franchise property, I wonder why Hilton permits the franchise to be held by the current owners. If it is not, I wonder why it puts up with a General Manager who does not seem to have taken prior criticisms to heart.

I am still a fan of Hilton properties but you could not pay me enough to stay here again. That they tolerate this kind of behavior -- and over a sustained period of time -- is beyond belief.

P.S. It is incredible to me that one person is responsible for fixing televisions and delivering bedding to guests. This is a 9 story hotel. Hint: Hire more staff and train the ones you have to have a much keener appreciation of what it means to be courteous. If the gentleman who berated me had merely stated that he was sorry he could not get to us more quickly and then actually delivered the items in question instead of grandstanding in the lobby and if the person at the front desk had been truthful, all of this could have been avoided.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carl S
Dear Mr. Shuman,

I am so sorry for this experience and regret that you left the hotel unhappy. The pillows should have been in your room prior to your arrival, I am so sorry that we did not have things prepared for you and your daughter. I understand that this situation caused stress and frustration for you on a night that you really needed to feel as if you were home!

I certainly remember speaking with you that evening and was under the impression that you folks were satisfied with how things were resolved. I did follow up with several phone calls but unfortunately was not able to reach anyone in person. If there is anything else that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact the hotel. We appreciate you as our guests, and are very sorry that you were so unsatisfied with your stay.
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location: across from a grocery store and close to other food establishments. This is necessary as there are no microwaves/fridges in std rooms. Parking is mostly up on hill. So pull up to front to unload and check in. Clean room, dim lighting reviews are true. Note that you cannot walk to KOP mall from here but it's a quick drive. Close to interstate exchanges. Friendly staff. I just need fridge in my room!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Carrie C.,

Thank you for the review! Your thoughts and opinions are very important to us as we continue to improve the operations and services at the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge. Because of feedback like yours, we are looking to equip ourselves with more refrigerators for our guests. We hope to have this in place shortly!

Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon!