“Great stay despite snow-in”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
“Great stay despite snow-in”
Reviewed February 7, 2010

Great customer service. Security helped me get out of the snow!

JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
The snow in was a challenging time for everyone and I am glad that we were still able to exceed your expectations. I look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Baltimore
Reviewed February 5, 2010

The front desk staff checking me in was very pleasant and professional. The room was larger than I expected and the beds were amazing! The wireless internet in the rooms was very fast and was easy for me to do work. The staff was always around to assist and offer direction or just say Hello. The food was amazing and creative and the lounge had a great feel. I would recommend this hotel to any business or leisure traveler.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you when you return to the area.
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Went to PA for convention. I have stayed at this hotel several other times only because this is where my employer has always booked us to stay...rooms have always been less than desirabe, but this time was the worst. Found close to 10 hairs on my "clean & comfortable" bed. Called front desk at 6:30pm... Went to dinner thinking they would come in and change the sheets. Came back from dinner to the same dirty sheets!! Called the front desk and they reported that housekeeping came by and knocked but didn't come in. Housekeeping finally came to my room around 10:30Pm...mind you I have been up since 3:00am...and got the sheets changed.
Oh, and i had the privledge of not only hearing the conversation of my neighbor til midnight, but also of the guys that was standing out in the hall.
Next time I will use my own money and stay somewhere else to be sure
of a restful nights sleep!!!

• Stayed February 2010
First off and foremost, thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you saw and want to assure you that it was not our typical experience. We take great pride in our service and promote a 100% satisfaction guarantee because of that. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to showcase that we are better than the experience that was described.
reddmk
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stayed at the hotel on a BUSY Saturday night. The restaurant and lobby area were constantly filled with guests, who looked as though they were having a great time. Every staff member I encountered had a smile on their face and seemed to love their job. When staying away from home it is very comforting to see a hotel staff with this demeanor. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business or leisure.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to seeing you when you return to the area.
DC Area
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Didn't have most of the problems that many have pointed out. The room was nice enough, nothing special but about what I'd expect from a Radisson. Some of my colleagues had the windowless rooms and didn't seem to mind-- they were certainly quiet. I was on the 11th floor and kept my fan running at night to drown out the highway noise. The Sleep Number bed is basically a bed with an air mattress topper. I don't think I'd like to have one at home, but it wasn't bad. The hotel employees were courteous and mostly helpful. The only really bad aspect of this hotel is their food service. We ate in Chumley's twice and both times were frustrated and annoyed by the service, or lack thereof. It consistently took forever to get the attention of wait staff. They seemed terribly unprepared for the number of people at lunchtime, which seems very strange for the one full-service restaurant open for lunch at a conference center. Don't they frequently deal with large groups?? Drink orders were wrong, no refills offered. I had to go to the bar to request a glass of water, and the bartender told me to go back to my table and she'd send our server over (is there some reason a BARTENDER can't just fill a glass of water??). The server took about 10 minutes to come to our table after that. A server who came to clear away plates wouldn't help us get our checks as it "wasn't her job." We all ordered the pasta buffet, so at least the only problem with our food was that the line took about 20 minutes. Another time, a person in our party wasn't brought her change until she asked for it. After all this terrible service, we were charged an automatic service charge of 20% because there were 6 of us. I don't usually mind those automatic charges for large groups, but that's ridiculous.

My room service experience wasn't much better. The food was pricey, and took 40 minutes to arrive.

This hotel is a decent place to stay, but I definitely cannot recommend their food service.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
First off and foremost, thank you for your feedback and the kind words regarding the hotel staff and guest rooms. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you saw within Chumley's and want to assure you that it was not our typical experience. We take great pride in our service and promote a 100% satisfaction guarantee because of that. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to showcase that we are better than the experience that was described.
virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2009

expected much worse, based on previous reviews. helpful, friendly staff . rooms were OK, a little dated but very clean

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
JackWarner, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 4, 2009
Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. Unfortunately, the previous reviews do not paint the best picture for this property. But, much like you, majority of our guests have a great experience and leave 100% satisfied. We guarantee that. If a guest does not leave 100% satisfied and we are unable to rectify an issue they experienced, we do not expect that person to pay. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you in the future.
Arkansas
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I can't quite understand how I feel about this hotel- The number one concern of mine from all staff members was the strong need for customer service training. There were no particular incidents that jarred me, but service with a smile and accuracy should be encouraged. I just got a sense that in general the staff was not happy or friendly which of course set the tone for my stay. With that said...the front lobby was invititing, classy and the decor was tasteful. The rooms above the ground floor have not been refurbished, but they have windows. The rooms on the lower level have been renovated with new carpet, granite counter tops, flat screen TV, with a modern flair--- but there are NO windows... The food at the restaurants was tasty with above average food- the prices were a little steep (see website for menus)...Nothing is within walking distance so if you don't have access to a car...There business center has only one computer, so if you need access bring a laptop. In their defense, however, wireless internet access is available. The fitness center has a great selection of equipment...but it literally has not been updated or seemingly cleaned since the mid-80's.There are many give and takes at this location. If I were coming back to the area, I would look elsewhere first...and then continue to look after that...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business