“Wonderful Changes at King of Prussia Radisson”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for years because of business but since the Casino opened we fell there has been a downhill movement in hospitality but this weekend that was all changed the service was wonderful, the staff professional and everything was great even the guests seemed more business and pleasure and less gambling.

2  Thank Katrina M
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank for your comments regarding your stay and we are delighted that you noticed the improvements the staff has been striving to make continuous progress in improving levels of service and quality. We continue to make physical improvements also and we are quite confident that you will see further enhancements during future visits.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

994 - 1,000 of 1,351 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Req. and given a renovated tower room. Check in staff professional and fast. Unfort. a few issues with the room. Bed was stuck on 'hard' setting and broken so had a poor night, the toilet seat was not attached to the toilet which made for an adventure. The carpet tho new was marked/stained. However, did call front desk when discovered the bed issue/toilet issue and they did offer to fix it then. I was too tired to want others in the room so said it was OK. Dined at the Casino Viviano res. whwhere food was good. Was disappointed the pacific rest. was closed and as a gluten free person the pasta was an issue at Viviano. But service was very good and food was excellent.

1  Thank Nicola M S

We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. It was disappointing to hear about your room conditions, none are acceptable. Each of these items should have been discovered and corrected through our inspection process and corrected before the room was rented. It is apparent that this did not happen in this instance and I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. We will certainly use your input to stress the importance maintaining our processes.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Internet in room was slow and did not work. TV in room was broken and did not work. Housekeeping did not come at all. I would never come back on my own. Tavern (sports bar) was fine with plenty of TVs.

1  Thank Stan K
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We will also discuss why housekeeping did not come to your room. We are glad you enjoyed Tavern.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Service was good, staff very friendly, comfortable beds & great food. We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at the pool & a fun time at the casino. The Nosh Deli set up a private section for us to celebrate our grandson's birthday.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The location of this Radisson was close to Valley Forge National Park which was a great experience. The park is beautiful and the guides are knowledgeable about the history. The people working at the hotel were very nice and professional but the hotel was a little old and needed some updating. The room was large and roomy. The maid service was only average as the maid only made the bed in the morning but did not provide any clean towels in the bathroom. We went to 3 restaurants at the hotel and they were all very good. The casino was definitely one I would not go back to. The non-smoking section was right on top of the smoking section and you could not get away from the stench of smoke. The music was blasting and it was painful to stay in the casino. There was not a good selection of machines. If you like video poker, there were only 2 rows of those machines. If you are staying at the hotel, you have free access to the casino. If you are not a hotel guest, you have to pay $10 to get into the casino. I have never heard of a casino charging customers to get in!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are in the planning process for a renovation of the tower which should be started the first quarter of 2015. I am quite confident you would be impressed with the designs and the transformation they will make. All towels should be replaced daily if requested by the guest. Our procedure is to replace any terry that is not hung back on racks per the instructions in the bathrooms and I certainly apologize that this was not done in this instance. We separate the smoking and non-smoking sections of the casino to prevent what you described. We also have a substantial air exchange in the casino to eliminate smoke in the air which is usually very effective. Apparently it must not have been working to capacity while you were here. I apologize for any inconvenience. Our gaming license mandates a $10 entry fee to the casino which can be obtained by staying in the hotel or spending $10 or more in any of our outlets throughout the hotel. We have no options other than charging based on the criteria imposed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This does create a more secure atmosphere which our regular guests mention regularly.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

The air conditioner was super loud. I had to shut it off in order to have a pleasant phone conversation, but I was able to tolerate the white noise at night and get a great night's sleep on the sleep number bed. There were several pillows on the bed...I was lucky enough to have one foam pillow, so that was a nice surprise. They charge $2 for sodas/water in the vending machines on the room floors, but they're 20oz bottles so I guess that price isn't too bad. The room was spacious and had a nice view and small balcony. Very clean. I would stay there again for sure. I was only there for one night so I didn't get to experience any of the amenities (restaurants, pool, etc.), so I can't comment on those.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the room and the bed and apologize for the noisy air conditioner in your room. If you reported this our engineering staff they should have been able to address the issue to your satisfaction. We have several options to correct this and if we did not respond appropriately, I apologize. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and enjoy the variety of amenities offered by the hotel.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I just booked for a 5-night stay (8/28-9/2) on Priceline as I'm going home to visit family and me and my sister want to be able to hit the casino on a daily basis - I play the tables and she plays the slots. I probably spend 40% of the year in hotels so I'm looking forward to staying here and actually offering a true travelers review. I'm definitely a Marriott girl but the price was right and we definitely wanted the casino (nice not to have to drive to Atlantic City). So STAY TUNED for my review... I'm a bit disappointed at the cleanliness of the rooms, bed bugs and not having windows in some of the rooms but plan on going in with a positive attitude to give a true insight of my stay, my room, the housecleaning and the amenities. I will share pictures as well and will update my rating after my stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your future stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. We are confident that you will enjoy your stay. We do have windowless rooms in part of the facility and we do explain that to guests checking in. If that may be a problem let the desk know and they will make every attempt to locate you in a tower room. We take a very proactive approach in controlling all issues and have minimal occurrences based on the level of business experienced. I can assure you that we do work diligently to provide an exemplary level of service and quality to our guests.