“Great Management”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I made a mistake and booked this hotel on the wrong day and was a no show. The hotel charged me as they should have. When I contacted them they gave me my room on the right date at no charge. The mistake was all my fault but they were awesome about "doing the right thing". Hotel has a great location to mall, park, colleges and Casino. It was clean, attractive and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

It is always great to hear when we empathize with a guest, understand the problem and make the right decision. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy our facility, its great outlets and our great location. We hope you have the opportunity to return soon and often.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I planned a shopping weekend at the King of Prussia Mall and Philadelphia Outlet Mall for one weekend in February for my daughter's birthday. The Radisson Hotel Valley Forge offered an unbelievable deal of a room for about $140 with a $100 gift card to the malls. They also offered a complimentary shuttle to and from the mall (Thanks Wayne and Michael!). On top of that they gave us each $25 to play in the casino. After a day of shopping we booked Swedish massages at the spa and were treated to a wonderful relaxing experience that lasted longer than the 60 minutes we booked (Thanks Bertha!) We ate a late dinner at the Valley Tavern (over 50 craft beers and a great waitress) and had the breakfast buffet in the Nosh deli (freshly made omelets). The sleep number beds were comfortable and the room/bathroom was clean and neat. Everyone went out of their way to be welcoming, helpful and pleasant throughout our 2 day stay. Can't say enough about the whole experience and will DEFINITELY stay again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: When booking online they allow you to place requests. We requested early check-in and a room with a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the great package values that we offer. Our location near the mall and our great outlets and amenities add to the entire experience. We hope that you have the opportunity to return and take advantage of our offers and facilities.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Checked in today to attend a fundraising event. Went in with an open mind. Asked for a renovated room on an upper floor. Received a room on 7th floor. Room was not cleaned well. Furnishings dusty. Dust between night stand and bed. Musty, mildew smell in room. Heating system outdated and inefficient. I would not stay here again. I recently stayed at a Hampton Inn which was immaculate. I expected more from a Radisson. I did enjoy the complimentary shuttle to and from the mall from Mike.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueZCue
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. It was surprising and disappointing to hear your comments regarding your room. There is never an excuse for a room not being cleaned properly and our recent renovations should have eliminated any issue with a musty or mildew smell. We have all the procedures and processes in place to address any items such as this and there should never be an issue with dust or dirt in any part of our guestrooms. I immediately went to the 7th floor after receiving these comments to inspect as many open rooms as we had and am pleased to say that I did not experience these issues in the rooms I was able to access but I apologize that you found these conditions in your room.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had stayed at this hotel a few years back while in town for the same function and had no issues with my room, this trip however I booked through a reservation service and ended up with an interior room with no windows which was a little odd as you have no idea what time of day it is and one would imagine after a few days one would start to lose touch with sanity. The booking of a windowless room could be avoided if booking by one's self BUT upon inspection of my room I found someone else's dirty clothing in one of the dresser drawers and after the night I spent found myself covered with red bites/welts which are still driving me nuts 5 days later. So yes, the bed bug reports about this hotel are true,, I am a business person and I fully understand the weight of a negative review BUT in cases like this I feel it is irresponsible to NOT report a bed bug infestation.

Room Tip: until they address and take seriously the issue of a bed bug infestation throughout the hotel avoid...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank JSkuli

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. As you may imagine your declaration was a major concern as we take the threat of bed bugs very seriously and take many precautions to limit occurrences in the hotel. We would never be so presumptuous to say that it could not happen here as any facility has the potential of these pests being carried in but we train all our employees to inspect and report even the slightest evidence in a guest room and have been very successful with our preventative measures. In the past 60 days we have had only one complain of a potential problem which was immediately responded to utilizing our required procedures. The room was immediately put out of service and our nationally recognized pest elimination service called to do a thorough room inspection. We are pleased to say that they determined there was no issue with the room and documented the results and the room put back in service. It was disappointing to hear about clothing being found in your dresser. It is very apparent that our procedures were not followed as we require all the dresser drawers of a check out room be left fully open by the room attendant and closed by the supervisor who inspects the room to prevent such an occurrence. This will certainly be reiterated to the staff to insure it is being done consistently. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these items to our attention; it reinforces the need to maintain the procedures we have in place.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Our room, 46, was a windowless pit along the corridor between the casino and the Radisson. We were kept awake all night by loud groups of guests returning to their rooms. Had to call security at 2:30 am because a drunk couple stopped in front of our door to fight for 20 minutes. And who was playing "Rocket Man" at 3 am? Wish we'd stayed at the Sheraton and driven ourselves to the convention center.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason G
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. Our apologies for the noise you experienced and our apparent inability to handle these problems. Our security staff is typically very quick to respond and control these issues. It was a very active weekend at the hotel and unfortunately some guests were not considerate of others. While we do have some windowless rooms in the hotel, many, including room 46 have very unique floor plans and are very large. A number of our guests request these rooms specifically due to their size and location. The front desk should have made you aware of the fact that the room was windowless and given you an option to change. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience these issues caused you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is a classic trainwreck with listless non-existent managers, staff who are poorly trained. Nasty PSAV audio visual technicians. Horrible Tavern restaurant and Casino food court is a joke. $55 for a meal for 1 adult and 2 kids, almost everywhere. Room Service is the only great thing in the entire hotel. Managers are just useless. Front Desk is slow as molasses and completely ignorant about service or any information about the mall across the way--3rd largest mall in the US and you don't know anything. Front Desk gave me bad information twice and so I gave up asking. Rooms are clean but not real clean. Sleep number beds are o.k. Dusty rooms with strings from cleaning cloths stuck in lamps and wooden cracks of furniture. I hold the management team accountable for this place.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Todd R
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. We will be addressing our staff regarding the level of service displayed during your visit, and we will strive to make the improvements necessary to exceed the expectations of our guests. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

A snow blizzard was occurring in Philadelphia on January 21 my birthday.The roads were deteriorating at a fast pace. I stopped at several hotels and all wanted to charge me over $200.00. The Radisson gave me a fair rate. They had a free happy hour with drinks and delicious appetizers all for free at check in. Thu Ha,Front Desk Supervisor, made sure my stay exceeded all expectations. The stay was wonderful and have pleasant memories of my birthday spent there. The room was very clean with a new bed and luxurious linens. All staff I encountered were polite, gracious, and accommodating. A++++

• Stayed: January 2014
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

We appreciate your comments and are delighted that we were able to accommodate you and you enjoyed our staff and your room. We have exceptional people and our newly remodeled rooms are being received very well by our guests and it is gratifying when we hear this from our guests. We hope you have the opportunity to return and visit us again.