“Fantasy Suite Review” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Fantasy Suite Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I booked a package for a fantasy suite for 12/27/13-12/28/13 and we could not have been happier with our stay. We dined in the Pacific Prime restaurant and the food was exceptional, the steak and lobster were done to perfection and the waiter was polite and attentive without being over bearing. We stayed in Shogun which was nice but there was a problem with the whilpool tub so we contacted the front desk and were immediately given our choice of approximately seven other available rooms. We choose Gilligan's Island which was I would highly recommend. The bed was oversized and comfortable and the whirlpool tub was large. The rooms were clean and neat. In the morning we asked the front desk what time the KOP mall opened and the girl at the front desk wrote down the times and sought us out at breakfast to give us the information. Breakfast which was also included was a buffet at the Nosh. We were able to order omlets of our choice as well as indulge in the numerous buffet choices. Again the waitress was polite and attentive. The front desk was very attentive to our needs, friendly and polite. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the accomodations, food or staff. Everyone really went out of their way. Thank you to all the staff that did an excellent job in making every part of our stay memorable.

Room Tip: If you are looking at the fantasy suites there are pictures on-line that you can view but they are n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Fantasy Suite and the service provided by our exceptional staff. We are particularly proud of Pacific Prime and the exceptional product that they produce. We hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Draper, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I just came for an event in the ballroom. Very large property so finding our event was a struggle for our attendees. It was nice to have a casino attached. I'm not sure of the sleeping rooms. The staff was helpful. my only real complaint would just be that our event room was difficult to find in a maze of hallways.

Room Tip: Unless you are here for the Casino i'd maybe find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your meeting experience at the Radisson Valley Forge. We realize the complexity of the property and strategically place signage to direct our guests as well as having lobby ambassadors to direct our meeting guests. We also require all employees to have a copy of each day’s events so they are able to assist guests to the proper area of the facility as it can be confusing, especially to someone who has not been here previously. We have also just completed a renovation of all our Radisson tower guest rooms and I’m confident that had you the opportunity to utilize them you would have been pleased with the results. We hope that you do return as we have many different meeting venues and an exceptional staff.
Cortland, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very nice hotel and the room was clean and comfortable but to our surprise there was not a window in the room. I've never heard of putting guests in a room without a window. If you stay please inquire before booking to be sure you're not in a room without a window.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thanks for your comments regarding your room. We do have a number of windowless rooms in the hotel and there is a mixed reaction to them. We have guests who request them and others that would prefer windows. This is well known to us and we are supposed to be informing all guests at check in that it is a windowless room and give them the opportunity to get a room with windows if desired. It doesn’t appear that this happened during your registration process and I apologize. We also just finished a renovation of our guestrooms in the Radisson tower, which are all windowed rooms, so there are numerous options. We hope that you do return and request a room with windows. I am confident you will enjoy the stay.
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I did a priceline name your price bid and got a room at this hotel for a low price. After reading all the reviews I was worried about staying. I had a great stay and would go back again. The service was great, didn't take long to get the room key. Room was nice and clean. Having the casino right there as we'll as the 2 bars by the entrance to hang out at are great. Only complaint is the breakfast. It's not included, but the prices are ridiculous. $11 for an omelette? $4 for just a bowl of cereal? $15 for the buffet? We're not talking shady maple, more like Denny's at NYC prices. Ended up going elsewhere for better choices and prices.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Radisson Valley Forge. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and will return. The staff works diligently to provide exceptional service and product to our guests and it is great to receive comments such as yours to show that those efforts have not gone unnoticed. I will review your comments regarding breakfast with our food and beverage management staff as our goal is to provide an exceptional product at a reasonable price to our guests. Again, thank you for your comments, we look forward to your return.
Port Washington, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Arrived on the 28th Thanksgiving. Receptionist was friendly & helpful.

Gave us a a room with a king size bed as requested. My decided to take a bath and the water was luke warm. Told the front desk and we left for our Thanksgiving dinner.

On our return,at about 10:45pm, we were greeted by the same friendly receptionist and the maintenance fellow who told us he could not fix the hot water and would we mind moving to another room where is had tested the hot water. It had 2 queen size beds not a king. We didn't exactly have a choice.

Moved to the new room and had to turn off the heating/cooling unit as it was extremely noisy.

Next morning I discovered that my phone had not charged as there was a problem with the power outlet,no coffee as the coffee machine pluged into this outlet as well and I could not use my laptop either.

At about 9:30am, room service knocked on the door to clean the room. I said we were leaving in 5 minutes and they could come back.

Returned to the hotel at about 4:00pm only to discover that the room had not be cleaned although the bathroom appeared to have done. Called the front desk who sent someone up to the room who basically justed pulled the sheets straight but never vacumed the room or replenished the coffee or creamers in the room.

Maintenance did leave a note to say that they fixed the problem with the power outlet.

Next morning upon check out, we were asked by the receptionist how we would rate our stay on a csale of 1 - 10. A manager was standing next to her at this point. My wife who had not had her morning coffee, because houskeeping had not done their job. My wife responded a 1. The receptionist immediately appologised and offered us a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant which we declined.

At no point did either the manager or the receptionist ask why we felt the way we did and we just left.

By the way, they advertise high speed internet access which was actually a joke as it was so slow.

Room Tip: Make sure the heating cooling unit is quite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ExCaSa
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. It was disappointing to hear your comments regarding the issues you experienced. I have discussed the housekeeping service and do apologize for the hot water issue. We have been doing a great deal of work and substantial effort to improve our facility and guest services and it is apparent that this work was not reflected in your stay. We review all comments in their entirety with all the staff involved and will utilize them to take any corrective action that may be needed to prevent these inconveniences for future guests.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been attending a Sports Card Show 3 times a year for over 5 years at this Hotel. Prior to the conversion to a Casino hotel, this was my favorite place to stay. Now, I will never stay there again. There are just too many complaints to cover here but here are some of the highlights. Last 2 times I stayed there I placed my breakfast order on my doorknob. Both times I woke up to find that they never picked up the order. The Internet service is awful. Disconnects repeatedly and signal is very weak. Hotel is non smoking but you need to hold your breath when you walk thru the front doors since they allow somoking directly in front of the entrance. Always a line at the front desk. One time, room smelled so bad, I thought I was going to throw up. Smelled like someone was breeding cats in there. Don't ever take the rooms on main level. There are no windows and it feels like you are in prison. Have complained to Radisson management several times. When they responded, they told me that someone from the Hotel would contact me. That never happened. I have a show in a few days but found another hotel down the block. I hear the reviews are very high for that one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BrooklynBoy0452
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced. There is never an excuse for not picking up a room service hanger; it is the last thing that is done by the room service staff before they leave at 11:00 PM. We have been adding numerous access points throughout the facility to be sure there is adequate signal in all areas and will continue to do so if we find areas without proper service. I do understand the comment regarding the windowless rooms that we have. We have many guests who prefer them, but also many who do not. The front desk should be informing you of this and change accommodations if it is not acceptable. We are very conscious of odors in guest rooms and pull any from service to take immediate corrective action. Any room that may be offensive to a guest should be addressed immediately; your room should not have been in our available room status if we had followed our procedures. I apologize this did not happen in this instance.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Not only was the room completely dirty when we arrived but the customer service was deplorable. I expected much more going into the Radisson at Valley Forge then I perceived that the waitstaff was inpatient, impolite, and discourteous on all levels. I am planning a trip into the area in the coming months and I was considering giving this hotel another try but to be perfectly honest unless I stayed for free it wouldn't be worth my time or money. I would appreciate a direct reply from the general manager so I can further detail my experience so that no other individuals are subjected to the disservice that I was. My contact information is valentin.laura@outlook.com.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lauravalentin
We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. The staff and managers of the complex have been working diligently to continuously approve and it is concerning to hear your comments. We certainly will discuss your comments with the staff, as we do with all comments received, to make them cognizant of your room issues and comments regarding the wait staff. I do apologize for these issues and can assure you that this is no indicative of the product and service we strive to provide our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King of Prussia
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#6 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!