“Disappointing!!”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
“Disappointing!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Me and my husband booked only one night to celebrate both of our birthdays and wanted to go somewhere we have not been before. I reserved the "sweetheart getaway" package which included the one night accommodation, dinner and breakfast for two (the meals were the best part of our trip), turn down service (which we never received) and a late checkout (we actually checked out after breakfast with no desire to stay any longer). I asked for a remodeled room and was told the only one available was on the "main floor". It was not. It was down approximately 8 steps and our room was the first one near the stairs. At any given time there were bags of garbage and bags of solied towels/linens at the base of the stairs. I asked for extra towels as well as more sugar and creamer to make coffee in the room which we never received. For a remodeled room, it was pretty basic and felt like I was in a basement. Sleep Number beds are advertised but it is only is some rooms and my room did not have one (strange for a "remodeled" room). Not impressed at all. With a family, we are only able to get away alone one time a year and we are very sorry that we booked here and wasted our yearly getaway here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie H
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Made reservation to this hotel through Priceline.com and became nervous when I started reading reviews about this hotel. We were there for a wedding taking place in nearby Phoenix. Well we were pleasantly surprised. We found the staff, rooms and casino just fine. We never experienced any of the problems reported by some. Room were clean, staff courteous and helpful, and parking not a problem. Great value.

• Stayed March 2013
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We hope you have the opportunity to return again in the near future.
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just attended a three day conference and the Front Office staff were great. Dining Room staff also peformed well under tight timelines. Good hotel to consider if you are looking fior meeting rooms, accomodation and dining all in one place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and facilities. We are proud of our staff and their attention to our guests needs and delighted that the facility met your needs for your conference. We have many options under one roof which makes us popular choice for many groups and organizations. We hope you have the opportunity to return
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is adjacent to the Valley Forge Casino and Conference Center. The rooms are old and smells of cigarettes although it is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. The sleep number beds are a plus but there are no instructions on how to use them. Wifi is free and adequate.

• Stayed March 2013
I do apologize that your room smelled of smoke and for the instructions for the sleep number beds. Unfortunately we do have inconsiderate guests who do not adhere to the non-smoking policy in the hotel. If we do find a room that was smoked in we put it out of service and thoroughly clean all surfaces and linens as well as use an ionizer as the final step of the process. This typically corrects the odor issue and the room is put in service. We do have instructions for the Sleep number beds in the guest room directory and there are instructions attached to the cords on controls that are corded and there should be stickers on the back of controls that do not have cords. I have found on several occasions that the instructions on the back of the cordless controls were missing and this may have been the case in your room. We have many replacement stickers and they should be checked very day by our staff. We are in the beginning stages of a room renovation project at the Radisson which will be completed in September. I hope you will return to see the improved product.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been staying at this property once a year for about eight years. In that time it has improved it's facilities a great deal. The rooms are nicely decorated, the beds are comfortable, and the pillows are wonderful.
There was one glitch, and a great recovery by the hotel staff. I ordered room service on my first night. The steak arrived way undercooked, and the asparagus was also not cooked enough. In spite of this, I ate it anyway. When I checked out two days later, i informed the front desk supervisor. I wasn't expecting it, but he removed the meal from my bill. I thought that was a great gesture.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JGKramb
We appreciate your input regarding your stay and that you have noticed the improvements the staff has worked diligently to achieve. While it is disappointing to hear about your room service experience, I am pleased that our staff responded appropriately and removed the charge from your bill. We have many more improvements planned and in process including a renovation of the Radisson guest rooms so we look forward to your return and would appreciate your comments at that time.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night had planned to stay the weekend that changed wneh I checked in and saw the amoiunt of dust in the room. Not sure when they last cleaned but the dust was everwhere.. the tv the night stand and the furniture in my room was extremely dated... with stains and dirt. Sorry but they have dropped the ball in the worst way with cleaniness!! lacking it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments so that we can improve our standards and address areas that need attention.
New Britain, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Rooms are average size but the bathroom is exceedingly small. So small in fact, that the sink is actully outside of the bathroom and immediately to your left upon entry. The bed and pillow combination, however, were as comfortable as any hotel I have stayed in, in along time (extremely comfortable). After all, its the bed that matters and mine was awesome! The electricity went out in my room for an hour or so and when I mentioned it to the front desk they offered me a free appetizer coupon which I negotiated up to two coupons. This was fair and they were great about it. Ate in two of the cheaper restaurants and was pleased with both. Had a nice and fairly priced sunday brunch. Enjoyed a fabulous 90 minute massage one early evening and had fun at the casino as well. This is a great place to stay and I would highly recommend. Great restaurants, gambling, fantastic bed, night clubs (I checked out the Western dance club and it looked pretty cool - was by myself so didn't stay long). I was speaking at a conference and I can tell you that the conference facilities are incredible - they go on and on forever. The rooms were impeccably prepared and extremely professional. All in all an enjoyable stay and would definitely repeat. Get the professional massage from Bertha.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. We are delighted that you enjoyed the stay and the facilities. We are proud of our staff and the facility and the fact that we offer more under one roof than any facility in the area. I do apologize for the short power outage which was a necessary repair and we worked to do it as quickly as possible so the inconvenience was at a minimum.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#6 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!