“THE BASEMENT”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
norristown pa
“THE BASEMENT”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our room was located in the basement (aka) as the lower level. This room had no windows very poor lighting. It only had a shower no tub. The sleep number bed that did not work. When my husband would get up i would roll to the middle of the bed. We could everything outside of the room aka all of the loud talking to the point we were ready to call security. We had our room changed but that room didn't have a microwave or an ice box we were then told that floor don't have them again we were back to the basement. We left out cell phone number for the supervisor for a call back and guess what we are still waiting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharon w
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
My sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with your room and the lack of response from a manager. There are no excuses for either. Our Sleep Number beds should all be in working order and noise should be controlled. Unfortunately, at times, some guests are not considerate of others and it is necessary to contact security to correct the situation. We work diligently to control this and react very quickly when notified of any issues. I will review these issues with my staff and express my concerns with their lack of response to prevent future instances. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm not quite sure why people review this hotel so negatively. It is an older design (circular tower with some additional wings) but my room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the room was larger than most. Didn't have a chance to try any of the restaurants but there are several on property. Good experience overall!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. We hope you return and have the time to visit some of our 8 restaurants and lounges. There is a venue for everyone and we are very proud of the quality product we provide in all. Come back and visit us again.
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The rooms are a decent size and pretty clean. The beds are comfy - 'sleep numbe'r -if your remote works! However, the rooms are about 20 years overdue for a total re-do.
There is an underground link with the casino, perhaps one mile to the King of Prussia Mall and it is about walking distance to the fabulous Valley Forge Historic Area. Although the hotel needs work, I would come back as it's location is great for things to do OUTSIDE of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room away from the lifts. They can get pretty noisy with revellers!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments regarding your stay at the Radisson Hotel. We are in the final planning stages for a room renovation in 2013 and we are certain that the improvements will be appreciated by our clientele. We are in a great area and convenient to many exceptional local attractions, which many of our guests take advantage of on a regular basis. We hope you will return to experience the improvements we make fist hand.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After reading many negative reviews, me and the hubs were pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff and casino staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The casino was small but clean and updated. Our room did not have the infamous Jacuzzi tub, but had a new bathroom with two person walk in shower. New Kohler toilet. Nice neutral colors. Our room was clean and neat. No cobwebs here. Got a groupon from my daughter for the hubs birthday. He enjoyed himself. Group on was 99 bucks with 50 in casino credit and 40 in food credit. Plus I got a 20 dollar gift card for the weekend promotion. Free valet to boot. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is we still would have liked the Jacuzzi and we had to have our room key and casino pass reactivated. But again the staff were quick to correct and friendly. Our room was on the second floor. No real noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments and delighted that the staff's response to your request was timely and friendly. The entire staff works very hard to provide excellent service and it is gratifying to hear that they performed well. We look forward to your return.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Not sure if I got a special promotion, but $79 was a real bargain. My room was in the round tower on the 14th floor. I don't particularly enjoy the weird pizza-slice shape of rooms in a round tower. That room was ridiculously big.
My problem with that hotel was the overall impression that it was getting old and tired. That's something you notice at the carpet, bathroom appliances, furniture etc. All those things wear off, and you are left with an unpleasant feel.
No problem with the staff, but I had no special request, so...

1 Thank Luc V
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on your experience at our hotel. We apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We have been in contact with corporate and we will be undergoing renovations by the end of 2013. We hope you get the chance to stay with us in the future so we get the chance to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in our hotel.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had an event there and I was disappointed with the venue and lack of concern by some of the personnel. Wish I had done more homework. The fees are ridiculous if you fall short of a quota. It took 2 weeks to get an itemized bill and then when I had questions, it was pass the ball. I called 4 times for the manager to PLEASE return my call so we could discuss the things that were unsatisfactory. The manager did not return any calls and passed my calls off to others in the hotel. The meeting rooms are old and dated, the tables were falling apart, the food was mediocre. Our guest said the rooms they stayed in were dated as well. I could go on and on but I highly suggest you check other hotels in the general area before you book your event here!!!!!!!!

1 Thank clcsmiles2
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for your input. It is disappointing to hear comments such as this as we work extremely hard to provide exceptional levels of guest service. The facility is in a progressive capital improvement program over the next 4 years which will touch all areas of the complex.
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was concerned because of the bad reviews but I found this hotel had a tremendous, friendly staff. My room was on the 11th floor across from the elevator, but it was super-quiet. Every employee greeted me courteously and the food in the tavern and also the Nosh Deli was quite good. We held a meeting in this hotel and my one comment would be that my participants screamed when a mouse ran through the room. Everything else was fine. I was delighted that the banquet staff made sure everything was right with my meeting room and one of the banquet people kindly offered to bring me a cup of coffee (a treat when one is setting up). There's an office building connected to the hotel and it has a FedEx drop box. The casino is down at the end of another hallway and you're not likely to hear noise or be bothered by it. The hotel rooms were clean - the downstairs area between the banquet rooms and the restrooms was quite dusty (especially in an area which probably once held phones but now is a long counter near the Deuces Wild casino). This place has promise and I expect it will continue to get better.

Room Tip: This is one of those round towers that was a popular style in the 1970s. If you're not familiar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the friendliness of the staff and the extensive facilities. Our staff works very hard to provide exceptional service and will be pleased to see your comments. Your observations regarding dust in the lower corridor were accurate. A recent change in checklists and cleaning zones in the facility have corrected that issue. We have a program of constant improvement in place and are committed to raising the bar through better systems and procedures and physical improvements. We hope you return soon and often.