“Well priced but getting really tired”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Not sure if I got a special promotion, but $79 was a real bargain. My room was in the round tower on the 14th floor. I don't particularly enjoy the weird pizza-slice shape of rooms in a round tower. That room was ridiculously big.
My problem with that hotel was the overall impression that it was getting old and tired. That's something you notice at the carpet, bathroom appliances, furniture etc. All those things wear off, and you are left with an unpleasant feel.
No problem with the staff, but I had no special request, so...

1  Thank Luc V
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on your experience at our hotel. We apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We have been in contact with corporate and we will be undergoing renovations by the end of 2013. We hope you get the chance to stay with us in the future so we get the chance to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Valley Forge

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had an event there and I was disappointed with the venue and lack of concern by some of the personnel. Wish I had done more homework. The fees are ridiculous if you fall short of a quota. It took 2 weeks to get an itemized bill and then when I had questions, it was pass the ball. I called 4 times for the manager to PLEASE return my call so we could discuss the things that were unsatisfactory. The manager did not return any calls and passed my calls off to others in the hotel. The meeting rooms are old and dated, the tables were falling apart, the food was mediocre. Our guest said the rooms they stayed in were dated as well. I could go on and on but I highly suggest you check other hotels in the general area before you book your event here!!!!!!!!

1  Thank clcsmiles2
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for your input. It is disappointing to hear comments such as this as we work extremely hard to provide exceptional levels of guest service. The facility is in a progressive capital improvement program over the next 4 years which will touch all areas of the complex.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was concerned because of the bad reviews but I found this hotel had a tremendous, friendly staff. My room was on the 11th floor across from the elevator, but it was super-quiet. Every employee greeted me courteously and the food in the tavern and also the Nosh Deli was quite good. We held a meeting in this hotel and my one comment would be that my participants screamed when a mouse ran through the room. Everything else was fine. I was delighted that the banquet staff made sure everything was right with my meeting room and one of the banquet people kindly offered to bring me a cup of coffee (a treat when one is setting up). There's an office building connected to the hotel and it has a FedEx drop box. The casino is down at the end of another hallway and you're not likely to hear noise or be bothered by it. The hotel rooms were clean - the downstairs area between the banquet rooms and the restrooms was quite dusty (especially in an area which probably once held phones but now is a long counter near the Deuces Wild casino). This place has promise and I expect it will continue to get better.

Room Tip: This is one of those round towers that was a popular style in the 1970s. If you're not familiar...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the friendliness of the staff and the extensive facilities. Our staff works very hard to provide exceptional service and will be pleased to see your comments. Your observations regarding dust in the lower corridor were accurate. A recent change in checklists and cleaning zones in the facility have corrected that issue. We have a program of constant improvement in place and are committed to raising the bar through better systems and procedures and physical improvements. We hope you return soon and often.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was on business, and this was the convenient hotel. The room was quite suitable, with my only complaint is that there is no ceiling light near the closet. The bed was comfortable, though one of those dual control beds. Instructions would have been nice.

I ate in the bar downstairs each night, and the food was quite good, though the portions were enormous. After the first night however, they ran out of Ale (I don't like lagers), and I had to switch to Guinness. Not a hard ship!

Front desk staff was helpful and the breakfasts were quite good.

Room Tip: I was on the 11th floor, and had a good room (1102).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson. We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your stay. We review all comments and utilize these to improve our operation for future guests.
We are very proud of all our restaurants and delighted that you enjoyed them. Our apologies for running out of ale.
There should be instruction in every room with Sleep Number beds and I apologize that there were none in your room, we will be more vigilant in checking this item.
Again, thank you for giving us input on your stay. We hope you have the opportunity to return.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

which means they had a bed, t.v. and phone. It was a bit on the run down side and in the morning light it looked like they forgot to wipe down the "sink" area. The bed is a sleep number which was weird but I think this would be important for some.

HIGHLIGHT: I never order room service but I was totally tired and did not want to go back out for dinner. It was around 6pm and I ordered their beer battered fish and chips (totally risky) and it was delivered hot and really GOOD! I asked for herbal tea and they were very generous with high brand tea bags. They even called an hour later to see if i was satisfied. I was.

NOTE: very easy to get to although about a half hour from airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

It is important to us to hear of our guests experiences at our hotel. We are working very hard in all areas to improve our service and facilities throughout the complex and your input is invaluable. I apologize for the condition of the vanity area in the bath, this certainly does not meet the standards we expect to provide our guests.
We are very proud of our food and beverage operation at the facility and variety we offer. It was pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your room service experience and as a note, the fish and chips are a signature item in our Valley Tavern.
Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Valley Forge area.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed there at last minute because other hotels were full. Lots of people in the area after Sandy had come through and they needed places to stay with power. Room was fine, but had to get maintenance to fix heating and cooling system. The temp about 32 degrees when got there. Had to walk forever to find the 2 main restaurants and one was very pricey. Food in Italian restaurant good, but husband disappointed in recommendation from manager.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan K

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at the Radisson. Our staff works very hard to provide exceptional levels of service and quality so all comments are important to us.
The building is quite large and we are always looking for ways to improve our directions. We are enhancing signage, especially between the Radisson and the casino where our fine dining is located.
I apologize for the heating issue but pleased that the issue was rectified.
Viviano's, our Italian restaurant, has had great acclaim and it is disappointing to hear that your husband did not enjoy the item that was recommended. I hope that you brought this to our attention and we were able to make amends.
Thank you for your input.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The place smells. I'm here for work. The room is dirty. It is old. Stains on furniture. It's nasty. They could not even give me a key. The key machine was broken. No one was given a key. There was no parking. It is very loud. The rooms are no smoking but I smelled like smoke daily. I should have read the reviews prior to staying.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank luv2run76
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments so that we can improve our standards and address areas that need attention.