“Lip stick on a pig...sort of”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Colorado
“Lip stick on a pig...sort of”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have mixed emotions about this property. The bed is heavenly and the rooms are clean but there are lots of "fixes" to try make it look modern but it is old. The ac units are rigged to use a thermostat and are not well done. It is loud and is either freeze you to pieces or hot. The bathroom is old school with some paint and wallpaper. The hallways are a little smelly and the elevators are a joke. However...it is clean and like I said the sleep number beds are a nice touch with great linens on them. Oh and the parking is tricky and not very clear. There is no walkway to the building and you have to cross casino traffic with your luggage to get to the hotel. I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lsl327
Kyle F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear lsl327,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. A comfortable bed is definitely important and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

I am sorry to hear about the other experiences you encountered. By receiving feedback we are able to make the necessary adjustments to increase the service and product that is provided to our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at kyle.fitzpatrick@vfcasino.com to speak in further detail regarding your visit.

Kind Regards,
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last Saturday night. When we checked in, we used a travel coupon, and the desk clerk informed us that we were very lucky to be receiving the very last room AT THAT COUPON RATE. This is a direct quote. She took the coupon from us, checked us in, and handed us keys with a good description of where the elevators are, and a brief listing of the restaurants. We went up to our room and found that it was located along the elevator area and directly across from the noisy ice machine. Because the hotel is built in a circular shape,our room was in the shape of a wedge. It was much smaller than we expected from a Radisson, the carpet was dingy, the bedspread, curtains and furnishings looked older, and the bathroom, which was in the smallest part of the wedge was claustrophobic. There was a coffeemaker and basic soaps and shampoo/conditioners. There was old, dingy wallpaper and it was peeling off a bit in some places. The hotel looks so impressive from the outside, and it is a Radisson, afterall, so we were expecting a certain level of quality and were most disappointed. It was a Saturday night, and we were using a discount coupon, so we took that into consideration and accepted the room without complaint. The adjustable mattress was very comfortable and the pillows and bedspread were made with down, and felt quite cushy, so we hoped to at least get a good nights sleep in this room.

Our tower room had a small balcony with a sliding glass door. It was sealed shut, we assume for liability reasons. We had a view of parking lot and the hotel or office center across the way, and the outdoor pool..The room was warm, and when we turned on the AC unit it sounded a bit like a jet plane. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise because since our room was in front of the elevators and across the hall from the noisy ice machine, the roar of the AC unit helped to create some white noise and drown out the chatter at the elevators and guests loading their ice buckets.

In the morning, we found a copy of our bill that was pushed under the door. We were charged RACK RATE/FULL PRICE for this room! Certain that it was a clerical error, my husband went tot he front desk and explained about the coupon we had used and the statement from the check-in clerk that we were getting the LAST ROOM AVAILABLE AT THAT RATE. They informed us that the bill was correct at $119.00 plus tax and fees. The assured us that we must have misunderstood the check-in clerk, and that they could not credit our account. We asked if possibiy they could give us a second night for free since this 119 dollar rate is DOUBLE the coupon rate that we were expecting to pay. They told us that they could not accomodate us in that way because they are OVERBOOKED for the night. (Indeed they were, because my husband overheard the other desk clerk trying to calm down a customer who had just found that out and did not receive a confirmed room reservation)

We have stayed with Radisson many times and have always been happy. This hotel shocked us in just about every way. While we understand that we were staying there on a Saturday, and we also understand that there is a casino next door which draws alot of customers to this hotel, we were completely unhappy with our stay and their manager would not offer us anything but a simple verbal apology. We plan to send a letter to the Corporate Offices and hope for better results.

Maybe when the hotel is less OVERWHELMED/OVERBOOKED you will have better luck than we did. The restaurants and bars and outdoor pool area do look like fun. We ate dinner at the King of Prussia Mall, and did not go swimming during our stay. I would have rated this hotel with only 2 stars, but I am trying to be fair...we did have a Sleep Number mattress and quality down linens on the bed, which were of the quality that I would expect from a Radisson Hotel.

Room Tip: I hope you dont get put in the same outdated, noisy room we were in, across from the ice machine an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank OswegoJulieBug
Dear OswegoJulieBug,

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We strive to maintain 100% guest satisfaction and want all of our guests to be comfortable. You may reach me directly to discuss your stay in further detail at kyle.fitzpatrick@vfcasino.com.

Kind Regards,
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Front Office Manager
Saint Marys, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for the night before heading into Philly to tour a college. We arrived later on around 10:30p and was looking to just get to bed. Waited 10-15 minutes to get someone to come check us in. Our room was OK at first glance but it was very warm, couldn't get the A/C to come on. Called front desk and they sent an engineer up, he was very pleasant but told us that the "control thingy" needs to hang outside the unit to function with the wall control. Even then it would only blow warm air and it was a very warm night. About 11:30P he came back and informed us he had to exchange the A/C unit, so he brought another in. We didn't get to sleep until after 12:30p, then it was difficult to get a good night sleep as the "number" beds to control the mattress didn't work. The bed was high in the middle and low on the sides. Front desk was not helpful when requesting to change rooms. Didn't seem to care when they asked at check out how our stay was and I told the truth. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelli M
Kyle F, Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Michelle M,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a response regarding your recent visit. I am truly sorry for the disappointing experience you had while at our property. Our Engineering and Housekeeping teams work hard to ensure all aspects of the room are in excellent condition before a guest arrives. The service provided by the Front Desk is unacceptable as well and is not in keeping with the standards that we strive to provide.

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.
Hanalei, Hawaii
Reviewed July 22, 2012

As we were going to be in the Philadelphia area for several days, we opted for this location instead of a more expensive downtown Radisson location. The room decor was tired and dated. While things were comfortable enough, this is not what I expected of the Radisson brand.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank betsywuebker
Dear betsywuebker,

Thank you for your recent response in regards to your visit with us. I am glad that you were comfortable during your stay, however I am disappointed that the decor did not meet your expectations.

On March 31, 2012 we opened our brand new Casino and 7 different dining options. Our next step is to renovate our guest rooms so stay tuned for updates in the future.

On behalf of the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge Team, thank you for joining us and we look forward to a visit in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were able to get a good prepaid rate but I have never wanted so badly to get out of a prepaid situation.Been here for 2 days and have two more. It was rated as a 3 star but really it should be less than a 2. I have stayed at Radissons before and thought they were more upscale. This one is really beat, the AC sounds like a jet plane, the balcony doors have the handles off so you are unable to open then, the wall paper is old and peeling, the carpets are stained, even the shampoo is cheap and no frig!! Also we are across from the ice maker which is in the hall not even in a closet or alcove. Gym is tiny so I actually went to LA fitness nearby. It is convenient to where we need to be but I would really not recommend for any reason. There are plenty of hotels in the area. I would tell Radisson to strongly consider a MAJOR redo to this hotel or drop it from their brand unless the brand has really taken a hit and I am just unaware.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lojones
Kyle F, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear lojones,

Thank you for your recent review. Comments from our guests allow us to improve upon our product and services that we provide.

I sincerely apologize that the condition of the room did not meet your expectations. We want you to be comfortable during your stay and feel like you are in a home away from home. Next time you visit, please contact our Front Desk directly and we will be happy to accommodate a refrigerator for you in your room as well.

Again, thank you for joining us and taking the time to submit a review.
Levittown
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here for a quick get away for the hubby and myself. Executive Room lower level was newly redone and wonderful. Customer service was excellent through out the hotel. Food was great but just a bit pricey for breakfast buffet for what you get. Hotel was clean, bright and convenient.

I would go back again for the price and would recommend this hotel highly. It is attached to the Casino but you don't have to go there unless you want to.

Room Tip: Newly renovated Exec. lower level are wonderful...Private, quiet yet close to things.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Ladysmith09,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

I want to thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your experience at our hotel. As a member of the hotel management team, the comments/feedback are very important to us as we use them to commend our associates that have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional service to our guests. The feedback also inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your review/comments with our entire hotel team.

Again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Valley Forge. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Radisson Valley Forge family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Dan Williams
Director of Rooms
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband booked a fantasy suite as a birthday gift. When I got to the room there were cigarette ashes on a table and some sort of sticky stuff on the half wall. The room (cabin in the woods) was generally skeevy. I told the front desk and they gave me a different room, offered half off and sent me on my way. Great, except that when I went back up, the new room was not made up. I let the front desk know and ran an errand. It still wasn't ready when I returned a half hour later. When I finally got my room, it was 2 hours after I arrived (5pm). This room was relatively clean, but the fantasy suites are so old and outdated. The tub was chipped, the wallpaper was peeling off and there were stains on the carpet. The suites aren't worth their hefty price tags. When I got my bill, they hadn't adjusted the price as promised. On a positive note, the front desk associate adjusted it for me, no questions asked. I had plenty of time to walk around and it just seems like the hotel needs an all around update. It felt old and dingy. I'd look around or try for the new casino tower if you are looking in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nmpetch
Dear Nmpetch,

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay in one of our fantasy suites at the Radisson Valley Forge. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

I am disappointed to hear that you found issues in both rooms you went into. This is unacceptable and I cannot apologize enough for what you encountered. Our Housekeeping and Engineering departments work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and all items in the room working 100% and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies for what you experienced.

Again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Valley Forge and for the feedback. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct (dan.williams@vfcasino.com) and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Radisson Valley Forge family, we hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Dan Williams