“Helpful to me in getting their free shuttle to the Mall” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Valley Forge

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
“Helpful to me in getting their free shuttle to the Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

Although I have never stayed at this hotel, I have used the hotel facilities in the past, especially if I'm ever out in the area job hunting.

On Sunday, November 18, I went to a travel show that was open to the public at Valley Forge Convention Center. Since I was coming from the 9 o'clock Mass at my parish church, I had stopped at their restaurant to have breakfast first. Although the restaurant was expensive, the food was good, but the sausage was just excellent!

When I was ready to go home, it was cold and raining, and I was not about to stand outside and wait for the SEPTA Route 125 to take me over to the King of Prussia Plaza. Besides being rainy and cold, I have difficulty walking because of arthritis in my knees due to my weight.

I asked the girl at the desk if she could please call me a cab to take me over there, and then she asks me, "Don't you want to wait for the shuttle?" I didn't even know it was running, but then I said that I would. She said the next one was in a half an hour. After I waited, the driver, a young Jamaican guy, came, and I got in the shuttle. Once I got over to the mall, I took the SEPTA Route 123 bus to take me back home.

I can't tell you how much I really appreciate them doing this for me. Even if you don't stay there, the staff there will bend over backwards for you.

• Liked — I did not stay there, so therefore, I cannot comment on this.
  • Disliked — Ditto for the same reason above.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Glenolden, Pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

After attending a beautiful wedding, where the service was absolutely impeccable, a rather large group of 25 to 50 year old wedding attendants decided to continue the night by checking the highly touted Ice Night Club, where we were greeted by a very in your face African American women, whom after giving back wrong change and called out on it, told everyone from the wedding party that we were not allowed in. It also seems that only certain people are allowed in wearing sneakers. We then decided to go to the upstairs bar, Chumleys. The night started out fine, and the atmosphere was quite pleasant. One extremely annoying detail was that the bartenders asked for ID every single time someone went to get a drink, despite having ID checked before buying the previous round. When asking for a bar manager, the bartender (speaking broken English) informed us that he in fact was the manager and refused to serve us because we questioned his methods of checking ID on every round. On a completely separate incident, a scuffle broke out between two different customers at around 12 a.m. Seeing this first hand, both were out of line and had eachother by the throats, the white man was escorted and brought outside flat on his face by bouncers, while the black man was asked to sit back down, where he was allowed to continue drinking. The entire bar was then shut down. This place has absolutely no control of the clientel that they bring in. Ice Night Club brings in a certain group of city people which completely change the dynamics of the hotel. Their policies and procedures are not under control and their seems to be a lack of management that filters down into their diverse employees. I strongly recommend that if you are planning on hosting a classy wedding or having a nice night out with friends then do not go anywhere near the Valley Forge Radisson, Ice Night Club, and Chumleys.

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank icemac13
Garches, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

Can be included in the category of hotels where you are happy to wear glasses or to be more precise to have the possibility not to wear your glasses : body hair (to be polite) and mold in the bathroom, different kind of hair on your bed (the maid ? another customer ?), an awful smell in the room and on top of it : it is NOT EVEN CHEAP !!!
Don't even try to change your room : it's obviously beyond hope

• Liked — reliable wireless internet
  • Disliked — All the rest
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Arnaud92
Queens, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

Stayed at this property for BeadFest. The price was right, the food was excellent, and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I got lost upon arriving at the King of Prussia mall, so I was at the wrong spot for shuttle pickup. The driver picked me up anyway.

Ordered room service twice, one dinner and one breakfast. Food was well cooked and delivered within the time frame. Different staff persons would ask if I needed anything, how my stay was, ect. When I needed directions to the nearest bus stop, the manager gave me directions and a SEPTA timetable. I was able to get home earlier than planned.

However, as large as the room was (Top floor, king suite), the bathroom was tiny. I showered with the door open. The room was clean, but the bathtub could use new caulking. Excellent view of the surrounding area, great for watching lighting storms. I would certainly stay there again.

• Liked — Connection to Convention Center
  • Disliked — Tiny tiny bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

We chose the Radisson on the basis of a reduced price coupon, so that the room was only $60. Everything was great, from the front desk, to the room, to the sports lounge. Food service was quick and courteous, the omelette and crab sandwich were fine as I've had anywhere, and the Sleep Number beds were fun and comfortable. Even though I had a smoking room, there was not the stale smoke smell those rooms usually have. Our window did not have a great view, but I didn't miss that.

The only drawback that I found was in finding the hotel in the traffic and rain...but that could be a personal problem.

• Liked — The room itself
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
NW Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

I loved the Radisson! I am staying again in a few weeks.

I have stayed here twice and I find it much better than the attached Scanticon hotel.

All rooms have sleep number beds. It took a couple nights to find the right # for a comfortable night. Not real thrilled with this feature, the bed reminds me of a camping mattress. Other than the bed, the hotel itself is great.

The wireless internet is wonderful. I could login to my work, leave the room, ride the elevator, and go to the sports bar without losing signal.

The first time I stayed here (in 2006) we got snowed in for 2 days. I found the facility can handle most needs. Great restaurants, nice bar with $1 beer specials during happy hour, nice little gift/necessities shop.

The close proximity to King of Prussia Mall is nice. The hotel has a shuttle if you don't want to drive.

• Liked — Whole house wireless internet
  • Disliked — Sleep Number beds
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hardeeville, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2007

The cleaning staff is atrocious, my room apparently hadn't been clean since prior to my occupancy. There were several different items left under the bed, the tub wasn't cleaned, nor was the filthy carpet. Each day someone came to half clean , only partially vacuuming only once. My stay was for an entire week. I really don't mind leaving a tip, but I just couldn't in good faith.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank sondun
Also consider these accommodations in or near King of Prussia
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#6 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!