“Good hotel, not much more to stay”

Inn of King of Prussia
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Minneapolis
“Good hotel, not much more to stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Standard good Comfort Inn experience. Breakfast was good, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, scrambled eggs. 2 bedroom was nice size and our family of four fit well. Price was a little much but the whole town was full, we got the last room (or so they say ). No swimming pool

Room Tip: It's right on the highway, so try for room on other side. We had one on the highway side and it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hank M, General Manager at Inn of King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We are pleased to hear your stay at our property was a great one. If you are looking for a great price we suggest booking in advance. That way you can get the room you want at an affordable price. Thank you for your review and hope to serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Greater Philadelphia (PA)
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed here in the past and loved it. Unfortunately, this last time I checked in there was a very strong odor of scented air spray ("freshener"), plus a strongly-scented cleaning product in the room. I don't use that sort of thing in my house, so I'm very aware of it. I was unable to sleep and my eyes started burning, so I checked out after a couple of hours. The front desk tried to help me change to another room, but by that point I just needed to go home and shower and change my clothes. The hotel still looks nice, but if you are sensitive to scented chemical products you may want to see if you can make some kind of advance arrangement for one of their accessible rooms on the first floor, which I was told don't get sprayed, or try elsewhere. I was told that the housekeeping staff sprays the air in the room after each cleaning, so there's apparently a build-up. Please note that the same scent is present in the lobby as soon as you enter the building, so this is not a place for people with chemical sensitivities or who prefer unscented air.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tucked back off the highway the Comfort the Comfort Inn is easy to miss. Clean comfortable rooms with complimentary breakfast. Price was right for a tw0-night stay for a training class down the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had our room booked through Booking.com, which was actually easier than some of the other sites and you didnt have to pay for the reservation up front. We arrived at the hotel significantly earlier than expected and unfortunately the room was not available. But since they have a rather comfortable lounge/tv area, I was able to relax while my husband went onto his meeting. I must say that once room (king) became available, BettyAnn was on a mission to get me checked in and even helped me with my luggage. She was a delight and never missed a beat.
Comfort Inn is fortunate to have such a personable and professional representative of its establishment. Got the best night sleep=we will be back!

Room Tip: First floor was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were fortunate to get to this hotel before it was booked up. We were able to use our coupon which was wonderful. Though we had eaten before we arrived, I was told that there were restaurants within walking distance; that is always nice to be able to walk and not have to drive in a strange place. The breakfast was fine and the staff was friendly. Our room was very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great value for a one night stay while in town for a graduation. Spent a lot less than the other hotels in the area. The staff are wonderful. Everyone from the front desk, to the cleaning service to the breakfast crew was unbelievably nice and courteous. The breakfast was an added bonus, with waffles, cereal, eggs, french toast, pastries, and lots more. Here are the service and amenities listed: free hot breakfast, free admission to LA Fitness, free USA Today, free local calls, free wireless high speed internet, 24 hr business center, free HBO, fitness center, refrigerator and microwave in room, free parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here and almost decided not to stay when I arrived. Front desk staff person when I arrived seemed disgusted by the fact that they had to serve us. We did not get an indication of that during the rest of our visit. Hopefully this was a temporary situation. Rooms were ok but need some updating. Decor seems like that from the late 90s or so. Carpet not worn, but electrical in the room caused some concerns as there were loose wall plugs and an outlet behind the bed with no cover! Elevator made me concerned on a couple of occasions as buttons don't light up on some floors when pressed and floor indicator did not work in one . Like I said... Hotel needs some TLC. If the maintenance was paid more attention this hotel would be much better. Staff did keep rooms clean though and breakfast was good with a good selection of both hot and cold items. Travelling to Philly from here can be trying but traffic in Philly seems to be a never-ending backlog of cars and trucks so dont plan on getting anywhere quick unless you stay in a downtown hotel. That is not the hotels fault. It is just Philly traffic in general. The discounted rate made this a more economic choice but I would gladly pay a few dollars more if it ment the hotel would get some needed TLC. Otherwise this hotel is decent for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Hank M, General Manager at Inn of King of Prussia, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks for your comments. The hotel was partially renovated in 2011. Renovation is expensive and time consuming which frequently encounters delays. I apologize that there were problems with your room. Thank you for noting that the staff kept the rooms clean, and that breakfast was good with hot and cold items. Everyone is this area wishes we had less traffic, sometimes it is a real headache. We are working to improve the property as quickly as we are able.