“Nice place. Great location. Loud highway.”

Inn of King of Prussia
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I checked in after a long day on the road. The property was clean, staff friendly. However, my room was facing the highway and I found it impossible to sleep with all the trucks speeding by all night. I needed to put on the a/c unit just to try and drown out the noise. The hotel has a hot breakfast which is quite good.

Room Tip: Don't face the highway.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MontrealDave
Hank M, General Manager at Inn of King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We appreciate the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay except for the highway noise. Next time ask for an even numbered room away from the highway. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I came home to PA - and stayed @ this facility for a week. It was great....no complaints here., I loved the breakfast bar as well..but I must say - the location was great as well., right near the King of Prussia mall, near VFP, near all of the dinning.. not sure what else to write, I just wanted it to be short and sweet, but apperently you need to have a 200 character minimum....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are happy to hear that there were no complaints during your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed while moving daughter into Villanova. Location is convenient to KOP mall, surrounding restaurants and Valley Forge Park. Not extremely close to Villanova but manageable. Room was pretty basic, but was clean. Check-in with minor delay but otherwise uneventful. Hotel showing some age. Good breakfast presentation and pleasant dining area relative to other Comfort Inns I've stayed at. Biggest downfall is inconvenience of not being able to turn directly into the hotel when traveling in the opposite direction,. Forced to pass hotel by half a mile, then make a right turn then acouple of lefts, one at a light to head back to hotel entrance. This is not a problem if you are entering once or twice, but becomes really inconvenient for multiple trips in or out over a several day period. Hotel price is pretty good given the other alternatives in the area I've seen, even though I haven't yet tried them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we do not have input to traffic control or we would make a different entrance. Hope you will be staying with us again when you visit your daughter in college!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

After having a pleasant stay at the Comfort Inn in Hadley, MA, I thought it was an easy choice to do it again. This was the end of our trip and the last hotel we were staying at after an exhausting couple of weeks.

The kids at the check-in desk were young and indifferent. Not a big deal to me, necessarily, but they could probably use a good little push in the customer service area. We headed up to our room and everything looked fairly put together, nothing out of the ordinary.

When we spent a few more minutes in the room we noticed a pretty terrible smell coming from the refrigerator. It wasn't plugged in, but also must not have been cleaned because it smelled like something had died. The sheets on the bed were full of ink stains, and looking around we just got the impression that maybe our room hadn't been cleaned well.

My mother asked if we should change rooms, but at this point we were settled in and I didn't want to overreact. The beds were technically made, and I'm sure it was just me being tired and picky at this point.

We only had one evening here, and slept fine. The next morning we had breakfast, which was good, and headed back to get ready for the day. My daughter had a shower and was getting ready when I heard her scream. She had just stepped on a used condom that was just underneath the chair next to our bed.

All I could do was hang my head and sigh. I took a photo (I won't post here) and gave it to my mother so she could show the management. She called the front desk to let them know. At this point, they did slightly renew my faith in the place.

The new front desk lady was very understanding and sweet. She was also totally on it, and called in the manager. The manager was respectful and professional, and put us at ease.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd stay here again. Fortunately, the two people we dealt with on the way out made us feel a lot better. I imagine this place is going to get a bit better with them around.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a room on the parking lot side. The other side is a very busy street. I...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank loudalouda
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am surprised at the reviews. I found my visit here to be quite good. The staff were very friendly, the hotel lobby was clean and well decorated. The breakfast was as good as hotels can make it. My room was fine and the service was good. I have been traveling and this is my fourth hotel on this trip and the nicest one. The only downside is driving to the hotel from Valley Forge Park. On DeKalb road you cannot turn into the property you have to pass it by for about .3 of a mile and then back-track. It's just the way they built the median. I give this hotel all thumbs up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here before being sworn into the bar last winter. The bed was not very comfortable due to a hard mattress and weak pillows.

The breakfast was great, and I received great service, except for one instance: I left two items in the room in my haste to check out. I contacted the hotel the day after, and they assured me that they would ship them to me. Two weeks later, I hadn't heard, so I called again. They assured me that it would be shipped out that day.

I stayed in early December 2011. My items were shipped at the end of February 2012.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel by the Roomsaver and Tripadvisor recommendations. We are from Orlando, Fl and are in NJ visiting family but wanted to take a break and get away to enjoy a piece of Pennsylvania. As you know, the coupon in Room Saver is on a walk-in basis and the location of the Comfort Inn is in King of Prussia, PA. Well 3 days ago, I spoke with the reservation department and the front desk about the coupon, both of whom encouraged me to call daily to see if any rooms would be available on August 11th because it is based on a walk-in basis. So every day I was calling just to make sure we would not make a blank trip there. Today, Aug 10th, was an exception. I spoke with the front desk clerk, who was very rude to me. As always, I asked the same question to see if they were going to be booked up. She quickly told me that they had no rooms available on August 11th and I would have to call back at 4pm August 11th to find out any further information. I again verified she understood our situation and only needed an idea if there were any rooms available and that it was weird because for the past few days there were plenty of rooms available. She again told me that they had no rooms available so I asked to speak to the reservation department; the next thing I heard was a dial-tone. She apparently hung up on me. I called back to speak with the reservation department. She quickly connected me to them. I spoke to the reservations department who was very nice to me and informed me that they had 20 rooms available as of now. I was perturbed because I was just lied to by the front desk clerk. I kindly thanked him for assisting me. I am not sure if I will stay there just because of her attitude towards me. Comfort Inn was my “Choice” at first but now, I may stay elsewhere just because I was spoken too rudely and lied to. I hold integrity as a standard for companies and at that point it was lost. I have worked as a front desk clerk in the past and currently work as a Assistant Nurse Manager at a Hospital. My experience in customer and patient service is extensive and I think that front desk clerk does need some coaching on how to represent her company.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple