“Mediocrity”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Mediocrity”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here before being sworn into the bar last winter. The bed was not very comfortable due to a hard mattress and weak pillows.

The breakfast was great, and I received great service, except for one instance: I left two items in the room in my haste to check out. I contacted the hotel the day after, and they assured me that they would ship them to me. Two weeks later, I hadn't heard, so I called again. They assured me that it would be shipped out that day.

I stayed in early December 2011. My items were shipped at the end of February 2012.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel by the Roomsaver and Tripadvisor recommendations. We are from Orlando, Fl and are in NJ visiting family but wanted to take a break and get away to enjoy a piece of Pennsylvania. As you know, the coupon in Room Saver is on a walk-in basis and the location of the Comfort Inn is in King of Prussia, PA. Well 3 days ago, I spoke with the reservation department and the front desk about the coupon, both of whom encouraged me to call daily to see if any rooms would be available on August 11th because it is based on a walk-in basis. So every day I was calling just to make sure we would not make a blank trip there. Today, Aug 10th, was an exception. I spoke with the front desk clerk, who was very rude to me. As always, I asked the same question to see if they were going to be booked up. She quickly told me that they had no rooms available on August 11th and I would have to call back at 4pm August 11th to find out any further information. I again verified she understood our situation and only needed an idea if there were any rooms available and that it was weird because for the past few days there were plenty of rooms available. She again told me that they had no rooms available so I asked to speak to the reservation department; the next thing I heard was a dial-tone. She apparently hung up on me. I called back to speak with the reservation department. She quickly connected me to them. I spoke to the reservations department who was very nice to me and informed me that they had 20 rooms available as of now. I was perturbed because I was just lied to by the front desk clerk. I kindly thanked him for assisting me. I am not sure if I will stay there just because of her attitude towards me. Comfort Inn was my “Choice” at first but now, I may stay elsewhere just because I was spoken too rudely and lied to. I hold integrity as a standard for companies and at that point it was lost. I have worked as a front desk clerk in the past and currently work as a Assistant Nurse Manager at a Hospital. My experience in customer and patient service is extensive and I think that front desk clerk does need some coaching on how to represent her company.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff was very friendly. That's about all I can say for this hotel.
I thought it was convenient to Philadelphia but the traffic is a nightmare. There is major construction going both ways.
The room was dated - dull colors.
The bed was not comfortable and the pillows were half the size of a normal pillow.
The bathroom need renovating badly.
It wasn't a cheap hotel so it wasn't a case of "You get what you pay for." I would NOT choose this hotel again.
The breakfast was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EGHJAx
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Checking-In
PROS: The lady who checked me in was nice about getting me into the correct room.
CONS: I was given the wrong room. A $100 deposit was put on my credit card in case of any damage to the room or long distance phone calls. Majority of people have cell phones. The deposit request should have been disclosed at time of the reservation not upon arrival. I don't like hidden fees.

Also, upon arrival there were police outside because they had to settle a domestic dispute between a couple who were guest of the hotel. Not a good thing to see as you are pulling up to a hotel.

Lobby:
PROS: Very comfortable and a lot of seating space with large separate dining area.

Room
PROS: So quiet...loved it!!!
CONS: ANTS ANTS ANTS all over the phone and air conditioner vent by window.

Bathroom
PROS: Clean and average water pressure
CONS: Overhead vent was old and loud.

TV
PROS: HUGE flat screen TV.
CONS: Cartoon Network Channel was the only channel that did not work. That sucks when you have children with you.

Bed
PROS: PERFECT for comfort!
CONS: Paranoid that ANTS would crawl into the bed from the night stand next to it.

Wi-Fi
PROS: It's FREE

Fitness Center
PROS: N/a
CONS: They do not have one on the premise. You have to go LA Fitness which is up the street by the mall and show your room key. Also, bring extra towels.

Continental Breakfast
PROS: The absolute best

Checking-Out
PROS: They were nice about me checking out late.
CONS: I was not given any type of compensation for the ANTS in my room. I left my phone charger behind and they swore it was not there. They found it a day later and did not apologize about the confusion and drama I was put through over me stating it was there and them telling me it was not there. It was ridiculous. I drove from Philadelphia back to the hotel to get it since they said it would cost $10 + the cost of shipping to mail it to my home in Washington, DC...crazy!!!

I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Clean hotel. Good breakfast. Convenient location to Valley Forge National Park and close access to major highways. Although outside of Philadelphia, off hours commute is a reasonable 30-45 minutes. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Choose room other side of busy highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2012

very nice hotel julie is 90 yrs. old and it was easy for her to get around in this hotel.breakfast was good ,very nice selection .we have family in area and would stay here again when we visit next time. thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Greater Philadelphia (PA)
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I live in the neighborhood & stayed here for a couple of nights during a heat wave until my home a/c could get fixed. This is my 2nd stay here. The hotel is very quiet, the rooms are clean, the hallways well maintained, and the beds are very comfortable. It's not a resort, but it's near great shopping, businesses, restaurants, Valley Forge Park, and between 25 and 45 minutes to Philadelphia depending on traffic. For my purposes it was perfect. I slept very soundly. Love that the room air & linens were devoid of any odors, no smell of cleaning products like at some places. No air fresheners or anything like that.

The rooms don't have thermostats, but some of the heat/air conditioning units have numerical temperature settings (e.g. 75 degrees, etc.) rather than just low/high cold/warm.

Easy check in and out. This is my 2nd stay here and it'll remain my hotel of choice (no pun intended) whenever I have an emergency at home & have to bail or if guests come into the area. I was so tired that I slept through breakfast, but I heard it was good.

Room Tip: You might hear a little bit of traffic noise if you're on the turnpike side, but nothing terribl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo