“tough intersection”

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“tough intersection”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I say that its a tough intersection because our room faced it. the traffic was loud and there was an accident one night around 2:00 am which will wake you up. so do yourself a favor and ask for a room facing a single road or anywhere else if its sleep you are wanting. If you want convenience, great GREAT breakfast, very accommodating staff (ask for a good room!), this is that place as well. I was given my military discount for the weekday rate, and a full weekend rate was cheaper than using my military/vet discount.

right off the turnpike, across from the mall and plenty places to eat.

just in case you are not already aware, if you are active duty or a vet, you better be asking EVERYWHERE you go if they offer a military/veteran discount. most do, and the ones who don't? well you will shop more at the ones who do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maurya J, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad that you found our hotel convenient and enjoyed our breakfast. I am sorry that you experienced a car accident during the early morning hours. We are located at an active intersection right at a main gateway into King of Prussia.

I’m also happy that you found our staff to be very accommodating. I'll enjoy passing along your comments to our staff.

Thank you again for your review and your service to our country.

~Maurya Joyce-Kershner
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

As a Style Designer my concern is to always ensure that my business is using facilities that are also focused on their image. This hotel presents itself well with very good conference rooms that are highly professional. The staff is committed to making sure that everything goes well while you are there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mcdas
Maurya J, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I am so happy to hear that our facility was a fit for your business needs and most importantly your image needs.

I love being able to share great reviews with our staff, particularly when they are mentioned in the reviews.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great Rooms! Great Location! Wonderful and friendly staff! The hotel is right across the street from the King of Prussia mall and several restaurants from Chili’s and CPK to Legal Seafood and Morton’s Steakhouse. The much nicer than your average hotel business center and fitness center are also great for folks on business and needing to keep up and get things done. The breakfast room is sunny and welcoming and there’s a fantastic courtyard and gazebo! All nice bonus features to have when you’re on business or vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VZ123
“Great Rooms! Great Location!” What a way to start a review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you like our courtyard too and we hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been hosting monthly training sessions for my clients at the Best Western Plus Inn at King of Prussia for 18 months and can't say enough about the quality of the accommodations and service my clients and I have received. The rooms are always spotless, set up exactly the way I want (the other properties I use for my training classes NEVER get the room setup correct), and the food provided is abundant and of high quality. I could not recommend this hotel any higher for business functions!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric_D
Thank you for writing a wonderful review of our meeting room facilities.

We are happy to hear that set ups are ‘exactly the way you want’. This is a wonderful review for me to print and share with my staff.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a great find and directly across from the King of Prussia Mall. It feels brand new and the staff was all friendly. Many of the staff speak Mandarin which is important as my company frequently has people coming to the Philadelphia area on business.

We also used the meeting facilities for a board meeting and loved that they had a real board room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 130KayK130
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are happy to hear that we are a “great find”. And that we were able to meet all of your business needs.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for four nights. We were looking for a good value hotel very near to the KOP Mall. We saw that this hotel had great trip advisor reviews which was the main reason we picked it.

We easily found the hotel using our Satnav. We were greeted by Lashon who was super friendly and helpful. He was so eager to help us in every way he could, thank you Lashon! Rita was also v helpful.

The room was lovely, very high ceiling and quite large. Beds were comfy and it was always v clean. Looks like it was recently renovated.

However, the walls were a little thin and I could hear the man beside us making calls and watching tv at night. We could also hear the maids thundering up and down the corridors in the morning.

The shower was really good, water pressure was strong.

The wifi was great, good signal, however you did need to login if inactive for a short time.

Our main issue was the room got extremely cold if you didn't leave the heating on at night. For example, we would get the room temp up to 27C (80F) and when we woke up, it was 15C (59F). My friend is a light sleeper so we couldn't put it on overnight. We did get extra blankets and kept our socks on at night but it was still cold! I think there was a draught coming in from the balcony door which was causing it.

This hotel is right by the mall, however, you did need a car to get there. This was no issue for us as we did have a car. We ate at the mall each night, we enjoyed Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen and Maggianos, and we ate at the food court during the day.

Breakfast was great, in a really bright room with a high ceiling, and had a gadget which made waffles which I had never seen before being from Ireland. We also made a lot of use out of the fridge in the room.

I would recommend this room to anyone wanting to stay near KOP and looking for a value hotel. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rachie1234
Maurya J, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is always appreciated.

We have addressed with housekeeping to be cognizant of sound when in guest corridors. I am pleased that Lashon and Rita were friendly and helpful as they are great assets to our team.