“It brought back memories of days gone by”

Michael's Jewish Deli and Restaurant
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed July 23, 2013

When I saw 'Jewish Deli' listed I just had to try it even if it was just for breakfast. I had a knish and eggs with lightly toasted rye. The rye was toasted correctly (something you rarely get) and the knish brought back memories of something I love but can't find where I live, and the eggs cooked perfectly. My b/h had a waffle with strawberries. The whipped creme is served on the side and real so use it fast before it melts down. The waffle was quite good.
They have a 'Free pickle bar' which even though it was breakfast I had to visit. The pickles are crisp and so good as well as a few other selections all tasty.
The toughest part of dining there was what selection to make as there were so many items listed that I enjoyed eating as I grew up in NY and often ate at a Jewish Deli.
I'll keep this on my list of 'must stop at' places if I'm in the area again, and the prices, they will not break the bank.

There are newer reviews for Michael's Jewish Deli and Restaurant

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Arrived late Sunday night while they were cleaning up but they graciously served me a Philly Cheese Steak Sub with tons of fries and a plate of pickles that wen great with a beer. I slept well that night after a long drive.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is fine, but the people who work there in the "to-go area" are not particularly nice. I was there recently and it felt like any question I had about the food annoyed them and when I asked for pickles in my to-go order, I felt like I had done something wrong even though they have a big "complimentary pickle bar" right in the restaurant. I expected to run in pick up my food and leave, not to get annoyed by my interaction with the staff.

The food is reasonably good- they have several fresh choices and good soups, so it's unfortunate that the staff wasn't kind. Perhaps it was an off day.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The favourable reviews below took us to Michael's for a variation from the usual hotel breakfast available at our hotel.
And what a variation: I know no other location where Fried Matzah is followed on the menu by Eggs Benedict. So for "Jewish" read "Jewish style": entry through the deli takes you to a dining room which is basic but bright and clean. The menu is extensive but the food did not exceed average: portions on the generous side with tasty chopped herring and interesting challah French toast (corn syrup, not maple) but the croissant was large and bland. The friendly service was on the slow side at a time (late breakfast) when the place was less than half full.
Worth trying for the interesting concept if you are in the area, but for us not the gem that others have found.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We got the takeout menu at our hotel. So many choices, I could spend days eating there. I wanted whitefish salad and wasn't disappointed. The cheese knish was excellent. The have a nice pickle bar. There is a deli connected, so I got a sandwich to go for a picnic the next day. They also have over 500 beers to choose from.
It's not a true NY Jewish deli - you can get a Ham and cheese sandwich - but it's close.