“First rate property with pleasing unique room layout”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Exton, PA
“First rate property with pleasing unique room layout”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night at a very low rate through Priceline's new Express Deals service. Nearly everything about this property, which is 20 minutes from our home, is first rate. Our room was very large: A ping pong table would fit in the open space between the living area and the beds. We loved the idea of the TV swiveling so it could be viewed from either the living area or the beds, although we never did swivel it toward the beds. The staff was friendly. The gym is kind of small. We didn't have to wait to use two of the gym's three treadmills, although I could see that happening during the week when I suspect the hotel is more crowded with business travelers. The only real minus was the scrambled eggs in the breakfast buffet -- just awful. Otherwise, the breakfast buffet was excellent. Overall we were bowled over by the property and very pleased with our luck booking through Express Deals.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel are away from the Pennsylvania Turnpike traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am excited to see how happy you were with the many features our property has to offer. I agree with you; the ability of our 42” Flat Screen HD Televisions to swivel is a simple idea, but it is incredibly convenient! Did you take advantage of the television’s Plug And Play feature? You can hook up your lap top, camera, or other personal device to the television, and view all of your own personal media on the big screen.
Although you are just down the road, you can still get away at Hyatt Place! Take another night off and treat yourself to a worry-free evening alongside our indoor pool and Jacuzzi and order up some decadent dessert from our twenty-four-hour kitchen! It is always nice to be able to spend a night out of the house and I am so glad you chose to do so with Hyatt Place!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

my wife and I made an impromptu stay during our drive back from Lancaster County. The rate was unbelievably low and the room was clean and exceptionally comfortable. The location is very good and just about right next to the King of Prussia mall. We did not utilize the pool but it was indoors and crowded with families. The free breakfast was okay with your standard cereal, muffins, pancakes, scrambled eggs, nothing special but I never have high expectations for a free lobby breakfast. All in all, I would definitely stay here again solely based on the cleanliness and comfort of the room.

• Stayed September 2013
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor! Sometimes an impromptu stay is the best kind! Our proximity to the King of Prussia Mall along with other local attractions such as Valley Forge National Historic Park and the Valley Forge Casino, make our property a convenient favorite. Were you able to make use of our complimentary shuttle service? It will take you anywhere you would like to go within a seven mile radius of the hotel and is free of charge.
I hope that the next time you find yourself unexpectedly ( or expectedly ) in the King of Prussia area, you join us again! We would love to host you!
philadelphia area
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a bit of a stay-cation here with our four young kids. Check-in was a breeze and our room was clean and comfortable. Also, they have a great rate, especially for a more city/East coast hotel.
We immediately went to the pool which was a little chilly...the pool definitely could be warmer in the winter. So we just switched between the too hot hot tub and the pool to cool off. Luckily, we were the only ones there for about a half hour when another family with three small children came. The pool is a still plenty big for 11 people but if another family came, it would have been a little crowded since the kids all wanted to play.
The room set-up was great for our big group. The beds were pretty comfortable.
Breakfast the next morning was pretty typical of hotel breakfasts now. Their presentation was a little nicer though. At least no paper plates or plastic utensils!
My only complaint is either the people next door to us were EXTREMELY loud or the walls are a bit thin. They were talking in the hallway at midnight and opening and shutting their door a billion times. They weren't banging the door but it SQUEAKED slowly every time...every single time they swung it...multiple times...during their conversation. I was about to get out of bed and tell them to shut up. They also came back two hours later and repeated the process.
So while I wanted to kill them and their squeaky door, I'm sure they felt the same way when my baby woke up at 6 am on a Saturday morning and wailed for 2 minutes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place King of Prussia! I am glad you felt that the room and beds were so comfortable! The layout of our sleeping rooms is designed to accommodate a family just like yours and I’m happy to know that you enjoyed it!
Our indoor pool and Jacuzzi is a favorite of many of our guests! It is a convenient retreat, especially in these cold winter months. The temperature of our pool is maintained at a standard temperature year-round. Certainly I will confirm with our maintenance department that this standard is being upheld. Thank you for your feedback!
The next time you find yourself in King of Prussia, I hope to see you here with us! Thank you!
Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I work at a Hyatt Place and by far this is a wonderful brand and product, and I choose to personally stay at these hotels when I travel on business or pleasure. This hotel was very nice, they did a wonderful job with customer service, all the staff was friendly. Over it was a great experience and I would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of Hyatt Place King of Prussia! Of course we are partial, but we believe wholly in our brand and the quality of product that we offer, as well.
Thank you for your mention of our friendly staff! All of our gallery hosts are eager to provide a positive quality experience to each guest who entrusts us with their stay.
On your next visit, we hope you take the time to fully relax and enjoy all that Hyatt Place King of Prussia has to offer. Between our twenty-four-hour kitchen, indoor pool and Jacuzzi, and complimentary shuttle service, we strive to provide our guests with every convenience, and hope that you return soon so that you might enjoy them again, as well!
Fort Washington, Maryland
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I choose the Hyatt Place brand hotels frequently and I'm never disappointed. I enjoy the casual and modern style of the hotels as well as the price point. My stay at King of Prussia (KOP) was no different. The hotel staff at KOP was, however, exceedingly friendly and helpful. I love their breakfast "skillet": hot pancakes, sausage, eggs, cereals, bagels, fruit, juices, coffee, tea... you name it. It's easily worth $20 alone but it's included in your stay every night!

It's not the Four Seasons, but I don't enjoy all the fuss of those ritzy brand hotels (e.g. i don't need pillow chocolates or someone barging in my room every night to turn down my sheets).

Hyatt Place is very clean and modern; the bed is large and plush and conformable. The room has coffee, a sitting area and TV with easily accessible ports to hook up your laptop or video game. It's all I would ever really need.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor! Your enthusiasm for the Hyatt Place brand and our very own Hyatt Place King of Prussia is so wonderful to see!
Our breakfast skillet has been revamped, and I agree, offers something for every taste. Did you have the opportunity to try any delicious items now offered on our Gallery Menu? Everything from our Hummus Flight Trio to our Monte Cristo is available, and available twenty-four hours a day!
The next time you find yourself with us, I hope you take some time to relax by our indoor pool and Jacuzzi. I will take that over a chocolate on a pillow any day! Thank you!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I just returned from a two night stay with a group of 21 people for a school trip. Group sales department took care of reserving our 7 rooms. All of our keys were labeled and ready when we checked in from a long day of traveling from Dallas. Rooms were so clean. Breakfast very good. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that your experience with us was an all-around positive one! Our sales department understands how stressful organizing a group trip (especially of students) can be. The sales department works closely with the front desk and housekeeping to ensure that everything goes smoothly for your group. Every detail from having prepared keys available immediately at check-in with no waiting around to being ready to host a large group of kids at breakfast, are all vital steps to providing you with a well-rounded experience.
I am so happy you trusted us with your stay so that you were able to focus on your kids, and hopefully, even relax a bit yourself!
Manheim, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Just spent last weekend at this hotel and overall it was a good experience. Nice rooms, comfy beds, nice size TVs, decent breakfast in the morning, and friendly front desk staff. the only downside to the stay was very morning you could hear doors slam and the neighbors beside you and it was impossible to sleep in! Overall, my girlfriend and I had a pleasant stay, we just wish we would have been able to sleep longer and have more quiet.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor near the breakfast area!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and televisions. I hope you were able to take advantage of the Plug N’ Play feature that our 42” HD Flat Screen Televisions have to offer. You can plug in your laptop, camera, or other personal electronics and turn the television into your very own “big screen experience” displaying all of your own personal data and media.
I understand that you were unable to sleep in as late as you would have liked. On weekends, we do delay breakfast service until 7:00 a.m. Once it begins, our guests look forward to helping themselves to the A.M. Skillet Breakfast and they do begin to fill the breakfast area. On your next visit we would be more than happy to offer you a room that is located on a higher floor, away from our breakfast area so that you might enjoy those comfortable beds for as long as possible!
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the King of Prussia area!