“Great experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
philadelphia area
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a bit of a stay-cation here with our four young kids. Check-in was a breeze and our room was clean and comfortable. Also, they have a great rate, especially for a more city/East coast hotel.
We immediately went to the pool which was a little chilly...the pool definitely could be warmer in the winter. So we just switched between the too hot hot tub and the pool to cool off. Luckily, we were the only ones there for about a half hour when another family with three small children came. The pool is a still plenty big for 11 people but if another family came, it would have been a little crowded since the kids all wanted to play.
The room set-up was great for our big group. The beds were pretty comfortable.
Breakfast the next morning was pretty typical of hotel breakfasts now. Their presentation was a little nicer though. At least no paper plates or plastic utensils!
My only complaint is either the people next door to us were EXTREMELY loud or the walls are a bit thin. They were talking in the hallway at midnight and opening and shutting their door a billion times. They weren't banging the door but it SQUEAKED slowly every time...every single time they swung it...multiple times...during their conversation. I was about to get out of bed and tell them to shut up. They also came back two hours later and repeated the process.
So while I wanted to kill them and their squeaky door, I'm sure they felt the same way when my baby woke up at 6 am on a Saturday morning and wailed for 2 minutes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place King of Prussia! I am glad you felt that the room and beds were so comfortable! The layout of our sleeping rooms is designed to accommodate a family just like yours and I’m happy to know that you enjoyed it!
Our indoor pool and Jacuzzi is a favorite of many of our guests! It is a convenient retreat, especially in these cold winter months. The temperature of our pool is maintained at a standard temperature year-round. Certainly I will confirm with our maintenance department that this standard is being upheld. Thank you for your feedback!
The next time you find yourself in King of Prussia, I hope to see you here with us! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Port Jefferson Station, New York
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I work at a Hyatt Place and by far this is a wonderful brand and product, and I choose to personally stay at these hotels when I travel on business or pleasure. This hotel was very nice, they did a wonderful job with customer service, all the staff was friendly. Over it was a great experience and I would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of Hyatt Place King of Prussia! Of course we are partial, but we believe wholly in our brand and the quality of product that we offer, as well.
Thank you for your mention of our friendly staff! All of our gallery hosts are eager to provide a positive quality experience to each guest who entrusts us with their stay.
On your next visit, we hope you take the time to fully relax and enjoy all that Hyatt Place King of Prussia has to offer. Between our twenty-four-hour kitchen, indoor pool and Jacuzzi, and complimentary shuttle service, we strive to provide our guests with every convenience, and hope that you return soon so that you might enjoy them again, as well!
Fort Washington, Maryland
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I choose the Hyatt Place brand hotels frequently and I'm never disappointed. I enjoy the casual and modern style of the hotels as well as the price point. My stay at King of Prussia (KOP) was no different. The hotel staff at KOP was, however, exceedingly friendly and helpful. I love their breakfast "skillet": hot pancakes, sausage, eggs, cereals, bagels, fruit, juices, coffee, tea... you name it. It's easily worth $20 alone but it's included in your stay every night!

It's not the Four Seasons, but I don't enjoy all the fuss of those ritzy brand hotels (e.g. i don't need pillow chocolates or someone barging in my room every night to turn down my sheets).

Hyatt Place is very clean and modern; the bed is large and plush and conformable. The room has coffee, a sitting area and TV with easily accessible ports to hook up your laptop or video game. It's all I would ever really need.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor! Your enthusiasm for the Hyatt Place brand and our very own Hyatt Place King of Prussia is so wonderful to see!
Our breakfast skillet has been revamped, and I agree, offers something for every taste. Did you have the opportunity to try any delicious items now offered on our Gallery Menu? Everything from our Hummus Flight Trio to our Monte Cristo is available, and available twenty-four hours a day!
The next time you find yourself with us, I hope you take some time to relax by our indoor pool and Jacuzzi. I will take that over a chocolate on a pillow any day! Thank you!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I just returned from a two night stay with a group of 21 people for a school trip. Group sales department took care of reserving our 7 rooms. All of our keys were labeled and ready when we checked in from a long day of traveling from Dallas. Rooms were so clean. Breakfast very good. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Would definitely stay at this property again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that your experience with us was an all-around positive one! Our sales department understands how stressful organizing a group trip (especially of students) can be. The sales department works closely with the front desk and housekeeping to ensure that everything goes smoothly for your group. Every detail from having prepared keys available immediately at check-in with no waiting around to being ready to host a large group of kids at breakfast, are all vital steps to providing you with a well-rounded experience.
I am so happy you trusted us with your stay so that you were able to focus on your kids, and hopefully, even relax a bit yourself!
Manheim, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Just spent last weekend at this hotel and overall it was a good experience. Nice rooms, comfy beds, nice size TVs, decent breakfast in the morning, and friendly front desk staff. the only downside to the stay was very morning you could hear doors slam and the neighbors beside you and it was impossible to sleep in! Overall, my girlfriend and I had a pleasant stay, we just wish we would have been able to sleep longer and have more quiet.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor near the breakfast area!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and televisions. I hope you were able to take advantage of the Plug N’ Play feature that our 42” HD Flat Screen Televisions have to offer. You can plug in your laptop, camera, or other personal electronics and turn the television into your very own “big screen experience” displaying all of your own personal data and media.
I understand that you were unable to sleep in as late as you would have liked. On weekends, we do delay breakfast service until 7:00 a.m. Once it begins, our guests look forward to helping themselves to the A.M. Skillet Breakfast and they do begin to fill the breakfast area. On your next visit we would be more than happy to offer you a room that is located on a higher floor, away from our breakfast area so that you might enjoy those comfortable beds for as long as possible!
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the King of Prussia area!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Clean hotel and friendly, accommodating staff (every hotel associate we spoke with was very pleasant and helpful). Rooms were generally quiet, although they could use MUCH better blackout curtains. There's a free breakfast buffet. Having stayed at many places that offer these, I would definitely say that this one has room for improvement (some items overcooked, juices in servers that did not look very appealing, etc.). However, this would not stop me from staying here for a short stay. Hotel was otherwise fine and I would keep it on my list of possible choices if in the area again.

Room Tip: It would probably be slightly quieter if you ask for a room not facing the turnpike. There is a soun...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your insights with us! I am glad you found our associates to be so helpful and pleasant. Our focus is always on you, our guest. We understand that of all the hotels in the area you chose to spend your time with us. We accept that responsibility with great excitement and gratitude!
I thank you for sharing your thoughts on our complimentary A.M. Skillet Breakfast. We have recently revamped the menu so that it now includes an option for every taste; Steel Cut Oatmeal, hot breakfast sandwiches, fresh cut fruit, and Belgian Waffles are just a few options now available. We will take a look into our service standards to ensure that these wonderful items remain exciting options from skillet to plate.
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to serving you the next time you find yourself in King of Prussia!
Edinburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We decided on a whim to stay here since our daughter wanted to go to the King of Prussia Mall and we wanted to take a trip to the Casino. This location was optimal to both. We were about 5 minutes from each. We stayed in a two queen suite. The rooms were a nice size with fridge, large flat screen tv, small sectional, and desk. We were on the 6th floor and there is no ice machine there. You will need to go to the 5th floor for that. There is a small eatery downstairs that stays open 24/7. Their morning breakfast was good with an assortment of food ranging from eggs, sausage, and pancakes to cereals, fruits, and bagels. There is a shuttle that runs in a 7 mile radius but is only available Monday through Friday. That was a bit of a bummer but it is really no problem navigating to the mall or anywhere else. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Hyatt Place King of Prussia! We are fortunate to be centrally located in King of Prussia. A trip to the Valley Forge Casino, the King of Prussia Mall, or Valley Forge National Historic Park are just minutes down the road and, as you mentioned, reachable by our complimentary shuttle.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide assortment of fresh, hot foods offer at breakfast. Since you enjoyed those menu items, I would invite you to try items from 24 hour Gallery Menu. Our Hummus Flight Trio or Monte Cristo are an example of creative food choices that are available twenty-four-hours a day.
We would love to host you and your family again the next time you find yourself in King of Prussia! Holiday shopping in King of Prussia is an experience you do not want to miss!