“GREAT property with some of the friendliest staff ever...”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My family and I stayed at this property to escape our hurricane torn area in November. The property is well kept - things are new and clean and well maintained. BUT the absolute best feature was how kind the staff was to us during our stay. My daughter has numerous food allergies and I had inquired about a specialty supermarket at check in and to my surprise the next morning at breakfast the front staff had set aside food for her that she could eat (that was different than what was being served). I was shocked!!! Plus we were trying to locate dry ice and the staff helped us locate a facility for that as well. Truly a great property- couldn't rec'd it more. Would definitely stay there again. Nice pool and hot tub too.

2  Thank gfamilytravels
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!
I’m sorry for the reason of your stay, but I am so glad you found us. We were fortunate to accommodate many families who were temporarily displaced by the hurricane, and along with those many families came many unique situations and many unique needs. Assisting your daughter with her food allergies is a consideration we are always prepared to provide all of our guests. Going a step further and having that food prepared and set aside for her is one action we can take as a staff to make you feel a little more at ease, a little more comfortable, during an extremely stressful time.
I hope we see you here again soon, but under much different circumstances! A shopping trip, perhaps!? Thank you!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were in Philadelphia for the marathon. As it was my first marathon, I did not know what time I would get back to the hotel after the race. Although we were checking out that same day, I wanted the opportunity to clean up before getting in the car for the long drive home. The staff couldn't have been more accommondating! They went above and beyond in allowing us the late check-out and making sure we had the time needed to get ready. They were pleasant, professional and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Congratulations on participating in your first marathon! What an accomplishment! I’m happy to know that our staff was able to provide you with that late check-out. Having to endure a long car ride home post-marathon would not have been something I would have looked forward too, either!
Maybe you were even able to grab a quick meal for the road from our Grab and Go Case. We keep it stocked with various healthy options, like our Italian Wrap, Hummus Dip with Pretzels, and even Gatorade. Or, after such a long run, you’ve certainly earned the ability to indulge in one of our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies or Gourmet Cupcakes.
Congratulations again! We hope to see you back again for your next adventure!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Clean and well managed. Staff was polite and neat in appearance. Layout of the building is weird; the division is rather amusing and abrupt. Location is perfect and enjoyed the breakfast put out early. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ensure the room doesn't smell funny
1  Thank thesheriffisnear

Thank you for your feedback! We find it important to not only maintain a high standard of cleanliness in our sleeping rooms, common areas, kitchen, etc…but also to maintain that same level of cleanliness with our staff members as well.
We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of King of Prussia. Our hotel places you within minutes of the King of Prussia Mall, Valley Forge National Historical Park, the Valley Forge Casino, and countless dining options! The next time you find yourself at Hyatt Place King of Prussia, please allow us to make some fantastic recommendations for you. There is so much here to enjoy!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I can't say enough good things about the people! Everyone is very nice, and wants to ensure you are welcomed and enjoy your stay. The rooms are large and well-apppointed. Pool was small but fine for entertaining the kids. You can get Starbucks coffees/lattes, which was nice, and delicious!

HOWEVER, the room had a moldy/mildewy smell, especially near the beds. Although the room and bathroom looked VERY clean, the smell really bothered me. I do admit my husband and kids weren't bothered by it, but to me it was very noticeable.

The breakfast was ok, but left alot to be desired. Food was not refilled, so our choices were few.

The same people do checkin and food service, it is all at one big long counter. I can see that it might be hard at busy times to juggle (although they never showed this by their attitudes, which was great). And the tables weren't very clean, but this is understandable also considering how many things they had to handle.

Our stay was fine, but I just can't get over that smell....

1  Thank TypeAMom
HyattPlaceKoPGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Greetings!

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia. Our staff take great pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The rooms are big and very well appointed. It has a feel of elegance, but the price makes it an exceptional value. Plus, the staff from the front desk to the restaurant/lounge staff could not be more pleasant, friendly, and professional. Would enthusiastically recommend to any traveler.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim K

Reviewed October 21, 2012

There was such an ease checking in. The desk clerk was polite, funny, and quick. The room was terrific! Clean, well organized, and peaceful. Breakfast was a bit congested but well worth the wait. Plenty of seating and a great selection of food. But they went above and beyond when my husband called them to see if they could put aside his memory foam pillow so that we could pick it up in a few weeks when we were back in town and the clerk offered to mail him the pillow on their dime! Thank you! That goes above and beyond our expectations!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KC724
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! I wish I could take credit for the desk clerk! It appears as though he or she made your check-in experience quite memorable.
That’s wonderful that you found our breakfast to be worth the wait. The next time you visit us, may I suggest taking a look at our Gallery Menu, available twenty-four hours a day. Our kitchen offers an array of foods, from our classic Mushroom and Swiss Burger to our guest-favorite Hummus Flight Trio. Something is bound to satisfy your cravings!
I see that you were back in town just a little while after your visit with us. Please, come see us again! We would love to host you anytime you’re in town!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on Sep 28, 2012. I just loved the room the hotel and the people. Just everything! The room was HUGE with 2 parts to it. A sitting area and a sleeping area. The bathroom was nice and clean and spacious with the sink outside the bathroom. The sheets and towels were clean and new and I did not feel icky at all. There was a long oversized sofa in the sitting area where we just lay and watched TV for a while till we went to sleep. Breakfast was free and pretty good. Self serve. Coffee was just right. All in all the best hotel in King of Prussia. I would even call it 4 star!

Room Tip: They take care of it all! I just loved the place!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family