“Amazing customer service!!!”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

There was such an ease checking in. The desk clerk was polite, funny, and quick. The room was terrific! Clean, well organized, and peaceful. Breakfast was a bit congested but well worth the wait. Plenty of seating and a great selection of food. But they went above and beyond when my husband called them to see if they could put aside his memory foam pillow so that we could pick it up in a few weeks when we were back in town and the clerk offered to mail him the pillow on their dime! Thank you! That goes above and beyond our expectations!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KC724
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! I wish I could take credit for the desk clerk! It appears as though he or she made your check-in experience quite memorable.
That’s wonderful that you found our breakfast to be worth the wait. The next time you visit us, may I suggest taking a look at our Gallery Menu, available twenty-four hours a day. Our kitchen offers an array of foods, from our classic Mushroom and Swiss Burger to our guest-favorite Hummus Flight Trio. Something is bound to satisfy your cravings!
I see that you were back in town just a little while after your visit with us. Please, come see us again! We would love to host you anytime you’re in town!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on Sep 28, 2012. I just loved the room the hotel and the people. Just everything! The room was HUGE with 2 parts to it. A sitting area and a sleeping area. The bathroom was nice and clean and spacious with the sink outside the bathroom. The sheets and towels were clean and new and I did not feel icky at all. There was a long oversized sofa in the sitting area where we just lay and watched TV for a while till we went to sleep. Breakfast was free and pretty good. Self serve. Coffee was just right. All in all the best hotel in King of Prussia. I would even call it 4 star!

Room Tip: They take care of it all! I just loved the place!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Widdington
HyattPlaceKoPGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Greetings!

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia. Our staff take great pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was only going to be in town for one night, or I thought. Iended up having to stay an additional day and was very happy to know that being accomodated was no problem. This hotel has the friendilest staff wh o work together to addomodate you revery need. The bar area has the best ham and cheese sandwich made. The drinks are well poured and they serve 24 hrs a day. The skillet breakfast in the morning was hot and good too. Finally the Bed was comfortable and the room clean. I will definitely stay here again on my next stay in KOP...TB

Room Tip: It's a little tucked away off the road in a nice quite section of KOP. It is also close to the K...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony B

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A friend and I spent one night at Hyatt Place during a visit to some local Halloween attractions, and I have to say that it is a very nice hotel. The room was set up quite efficiently. It was clean, and the bed was so comfy. The huge, flat screen TV that swivels from the comfortable couch to the bed was terrific! What a great idea for the ease and flow of the space. The big shower was a happy change from the usual tub/shower combo you get in other hotels. It was great to not have a shower curtain liner attacking me!

We didn't use the pool or gym, but both looked clean and in working order. The sitting, office, and dining areas were set up nicely, in soothing, modern color hues.

The hotel is in a convenient location to King of Prussia mall, and surrounding stores and restaurants. It was perfectly central for the things we planned to do. Check in and out was very quick and easy, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

While there was a small, decent selection of candy, cookies, and beverages in the little cafe near the front desk, it would have been nice if there was a vending machine or two somewhere in the building for chips or other things we may have wanted to snack on after our night out.

Breakfast was okay (quite good, but not great). It's a continental plus because there are a few hot buffet items along with the typical continental fare of oatmeal, muffins, cereal and such. I had a slice of French Toast and a ham, egg and cheese on half a whole grain bagel that was alright. The fruit was fresh and cold. The coffee was really good!

Although we really didn't have to wait for any length of time for anything, it did seem as if the staff was spread a little thin, having to check people in and out, make cocktails, and make and serve food. Everyone was very nice, though. Overall, this was an enjoyable stay, and the Hyatt Place is a hotel that I would recommend and stay at in the future!

Room Tip: Some highway noise can be heard from the back of the hotel, but nothing bothersome.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a wedding in the area and were delighted. The room, a double queen, was very large with a divider wall between the bed area and a beautiful couch/ desk area. There was a huge tv that could swivel between the area so that the adults could watch tv while the kids were sleeping. The room was nicely decorated, very clean and had a fresh feel. The beds were really comfortable.
We took advantage of the pool area where the kids blew off steam before a long drive. The exercise room looked decent as well.
The morning breakfast was ok. Starbucks coffee was just fair. The hot offerings ran out as soon as they were put out and did not keep up with the steady stream of hotel guests. Would have been nice to have some hard boiled eggs and whole wheat toast for those trying to watch their diets.
Overall the hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. We would make it a point to stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank HappyJPTraveler

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I hate to do this. My general philosophy is only to write positive reviews, and unless a place egregiously or purposefully stinks, I don't review it. Here, I am super ambivalent, because this is a nice property, well located near King of Prussia Mall, and feeder highways to Philadelphia, with a very nice and accommodating staff. That said, I reviewed this property in April 2012 and reported that the rooms (2) my family and I stayed in had a distinct and unpleasant mildew odor. I gave the property a pass, more or less, because we were busy and did not have a chance to give the staff an opportunity to correct the problem. However, we stayed again in late August, 2012 again with two rooms, and experienced the same problem. This time we gave the staff a chance to correct, which they did by moving us to two different rooms (they were quite obliging by the way, so no complaints there). The problem was, the two new rooms also smelled of mildew, though not as profoundly. I might chalk it up to one person's sensitivities, but every person in our six person traveling contingent felt that all of the rooms we stayed in had a distinct and unpleasant mildew smell. As previously mentioned, I would typically not post about a one-off bad experience with a hotel. There seems to be a pattern here, however, and I think I would be remiss in not commenting on it. This is a nice property, and seems to get very good reviews, which is great. I did want to bring our experience as a caveat emptor, however, to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JohnEGraf

Greetings!

On behalf of the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia, thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sadden to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and unfortuantely we fell short this time.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future when your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was great. The bed was comfortable, the desk was great, the couch area was excellent for doing work and eating. The first room I had, the heater didn't work, but the receptionists were extremely nice and switched my room. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that the walls are really thin. I could hear my neighbor's TV on the sports channel and their alarm in the morning; and one night they were having very loud sex.

The breakfast was great; hot breakfast sandwiches, fruit, toast, yogurt, etc. However, the plates and silverware were always dirty and sticky! I just ended up using the paper cups.

Location is good; very close to the mall and grocery store. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business