“Clean, new-ish basic hotel. No room service is a big miss.”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver
“Clean, new-ish basic hotel. No room service is a big miss.”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I am frequently in King of Prussia on business and have tried all of the other mediocre hotels in KOP. This was my first stay at Hyatt Place. Staff was friendly, room was comfortable, clean and the breakfast that was included was more than sufficient. Unfortunately for me, room service is a near necessity. After flying cross-continent all day and needing to prep for the next day I want to be able to order dinner and have it brought to the room while getting things done. The only options were to go down and pick up food in a plastic container and bring it up to my room, or go out to a restaurant - neither of which is a great option when you are tired, hungry and need to get work done. Unfortunately this may cause me to return to one of the other mediocre hotels, that has room service. Appreciated the included wifi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RDMGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
brently55,

Thank you for your recent review. I understand how hard it can be to find the right hotel. As consumers you always have your choice of where to travel and where to stay. For many business travelers, having access to room service is very important. I am very glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay aside from the issue room service.

We work closely with Hyatt corporate to provide our guests with best experience possible. I will personally bring your review to the attention of corporate representatives. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with the community. Feedback such as yours is extremely valuable to us as a property. We look forward to getting the chance to host you again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2012

While working weekdays in KOP, PA, I stayed at the Hyatt Place which is close to my client, but not the closest, for over 6 months. But the extra distance is worth it here. This Hyatt is fairly new, nice, clean, and consistent. Rooms are on the large side compared to the average hotel room. I get my client's local corporate rate so it's reasonable priced especially when you consider that it includes a limited breakfast, starbucks coffee, internet and the shuttle service. I especially make use of the shuttle service.

The biggest reason I stay at this Hyatt is the staff. These guys took care of me. They shuttled me to and from my client side--saving my company (and my bonus) the expense of a rental car. They even come and pick me up at local resturants and bars.

Of course Hyatt Places are not full service Hyatts. So, the food is not that great. There is no full service resturant, though they do have limited cook to order fare and they will bring it to your room. There's small bar with beer, wine and limited liquors in the lobby.

But there are plenty of other places to eat in KOP. Besides unless your hotel bar/resturant is over looking the ocean or a mountainside or there's not a yoga convention going on in the hotel, who wants to eat in the hotel resturant anyway?

Overall this is good, clean, hotel, with strong customer service. Tip: Ask to stay on the side of the building not facing the interstate. And if you catch a ride from Korey or Yvonne, tell them Erik says hello and be sure to tip them well! They will take care of you.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side of the building not facing the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Erik_4792
hyattplacekop, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Erik_4792,

Thank you very very much for your kind words in regards to your stay at our hotel. Please know that every night you chose to spend with us is very much appreciated. Guests that we are able to host on a regular basis become like family to everyone here. We really hate to see you go. However, we look forward to seeing you again soon. If not please just give us a call some time to say hello. Thank you for your continued support.

Broadway, VA
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel has been recently remodeled. Everything is new. It looks like they combined two old rooms into one large room. Our room had two queen beds and another "room" with a large couch, desk, refrigerator and closet. The beds were soft, but good for my back. The high speed internet worked well and the shower was hot and good pressure. It was convenient to the Expo Center at The Oaks - about 15 minutes away. It was right next to the KOP Mall. The staff was SUPER friendly and efficient. I called the front desk once to get extra towels, and they were knocking on my door a few minutes later. The breakfast is fine. There was a nice selection of cold food plus one hot entree each morning. You can also order a la carte for a reasonable price. The ONLY drawback is that the walls are quite thin. Thankfully, there wasn't much noise outside, but a few times we heard people in the hall and people outside the hotel, and you could hear them quite well. Overall this was a positive experience, and I will stay at this hotel on my next trip to King of Prussia.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank avezan
avezan,

I am so glad that we had the chance to meet while you were in town. I love hearing about the Harrisonburg area since I have left. I hear there are alot of changes going on down at the campus.

thank you so much for your review. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that the next time you return to our area you will look us up and stay with us again. Say hello to Skyline Drive for me.

lancaster,pa
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Very clean and a great value....live hotels with complete non smoking

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank nikpaman
nikpaman,

Thank you for your recent post. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I am certain that our trip advisor family thanks you as well for assisting them in choosing a place to stay when they travel to King of Prussia.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Before going on to our daughter's house in Philly we decided to finish our shopping at the King of Prussia Mall and spend the night at the Hyatt. Our reception at check in,
the quiet setting, breakfast the next morning....All the Hyatt had to offer was most welcome after shopping all day. This is our second time staying at this Hyatt. One suggestion would be for the hotel to have more
signs to find the hotel after dark, as it is removed from the mall and the main road.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 123daveandlou
hyattplacekop, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
daveandlou123,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I have to say I 100% agree with you. Better signage will be a welcome addition. We are currently working with many different parties to see if we can make that happen.

I always love to hear about return guests and their experiences. We have been lucky to have quite a few. Actually, if you read through our reviews, alot of guests who have reviewed us, have stayed on more than one occasion. I think that speaks volumes.

I am glad that you choose to stay with us when you are in town. Hopefully next time you are here we will get the chance to meet. Send our best to your daughter in Philly. Can't wait to see you again!

PA
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Just returned from a two-night stay at the Hyatt King of Prussia. My wife and I normally stay at the Crowne Plaza but they were sold out. I have to say I was very happy with the Hyatt and plan to stay there on my next trip to King of Prussia. Rooms were very clean and staff was very courteous/nice. I honestly can't say anything bad about the place. Our room faced the front of the hotel so we didn't hear any traffic noise.

Room Tip: Very close to the King of Prussia Mall!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank greggor36
greggor36,

Thank you so much for your recent review on tripadvisor. I am glad you were able to take the time to experience all our property has to offer. Whether you are coming in as a couple, or with children, it is my belief that our level of service and amenities are second to none.

Since you have stayed at other local hotels, I would love to pick your brain, to see what you think we may offer to continue to strive for guest service excellence. Guests like yourself seem to always have great ideas on how we can be better hosts. We can't wait to have you back and if you get a moment, please feel free to ask for me by name. I would love to meet you.

Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Room is nice, big, clean, well appointed.

Location is pretty mediocre, corporate park right under the Penn Turnpike.

Fitness Center has 2 treadmills, one bike, one eliptical, and dumbells. Pool is about 20 yards long -- pretty weak.

Room Tip: Hotel has one wing facing the Turnpike and one perpendicular. Best to get a room facing away from th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ksqured68
Ksqured68,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and that you found our hotel to be a good value. We are always doing our best to keep our hotel more than competitively priced with the market. Feedback from guests such as yourself will always help us to learn how we can better operate our property to ensure the best experience possible for all of our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property we very much appreciate it.