“Everything a hotel should be”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We had an excellent stay at the Hyatt Place in King of Prussia. Very clean and modern accommodations. We arrived at 9pm and that can sometimes mean a limited staff and mediocre service. Not so at this hotel. We were greeted by Nicole, Jennifer and Alicia. They couldn't have been nicer. They are a shining example of the excellent customer service you will find at this hotel. We were pleased to find the availabiliy of food and snacks 24 hours - not every hotel offers this service.

Our room exceeded our expectations. We stayed in room 408. Our room did face the highway and there was NO noise. We had a wonderful night's rest. Large flat screen tv. Sitting area, desk, Mini fridge and coffee maker in room. Free Internet - no tedious registration.

We enjoyed the continental breakfast: cereal, danish, bagels, yogurt, english muffins, donuts, fruit, oatmeal and a variety of juices. Coffee and tea bar.

We worked out in the fitness room. 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a stationary bike, free weights. Water and towels provided. I would have liked to see some disposable earphones for TV watching, but that was the one and only thing I could think of to suggest to management. We would DEFINITELY stay here again. Good value. We travel quite a a bit and stay at least twice a month in different hotels; different cities. This one is right up there with our all time favorites.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
hyattplacekop, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Dear liketotravel: Thank you for your shining review of our property on tripadvisor! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am of the opinion that we have the best staff in the business and I'm glad that Nicole, Jen and Alicia were examples of this! Please be sure that I will share your review with the three of them.

The hotel recently installed noise-cancelling windows to combat any outside noise that may exist. Thank you for noticing the lack of noise in your room!

Please be aware that complimentary earbuds are available in the fitness center (near the towel and water station) for use with the TV screens that are built in to our exercise equipment. Please accept my apologies if these were missing at the time you used the room.

Thank you again for choosing to review on tripadvisor. I hope to see you next time your travels bring you back to the King of Prussia area!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia

Reviewed June 5, 2011

The hotel is easy to find and near lots of attractions. The bed was extremely comfortable. Slept like a baby both nights. Both mornings I woke up late because of the comfortable beds. The best feature is the HUGE Flat Screen TV. The picture is crystal clear with good sound quality. The refrigerator will keep your drinks Ice Cold. The HVAC was great. The room had no musky odor and was very clean. There are just 2 minor issues
1. In the Cafe area, there is just one microwave. Having at least 2 microwaves in the Cafe area would be better, or equip the rooms with small microwaves.(I Would Have Given The Hotel An Excellent Rating If There Was More Than One Microwave For The Hotel Guest).
2. The room was a little small but functional.

The staff was very friendly, hospitable, and helpful. I didn't use room service, pool or other features, so I can't comment on that. If the beds were not soooo comfortable, I would have ate breakfast, but I overslept.(Not The Hotels Fault) This is a very good hotel. If I am back in the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Getaway: Thank you for your positive review of our property. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your pillowtop Hyatt Grand Bed and the 42" LCD TV. Those are consistently some of our most complimented features of the hotel. Thank you also for your compliment on the friendliness and hospitality of our staff. We strive to have the best staff possible, and we're always pleased when our guests notice!

Thank you for your suggestion to add an additional microwave to our guest kitchen area. It is certainly something management will take into consideration!

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to the King of Prussia area!

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We spent 1 nite at the Hyatt while on a family vacation. Looking at hotels in the Philadelphia area we were suprised by the quality and cost of most of the offerings. The Hyatt was inexpensive (at least by Philadelphia standards) and the room was great. Huge king bed with a nice work station and huge sofa in the room as well. Free wireless internet that worked flawlessly and had very good speed. I can't fault the hotel for anything. We will be back when we are back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank haroldws
hyattplacekop, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2011

Haroldws: Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also, for recognizing the value you received when staying here. We like to think our guests get the most bang for their buck when they choose to stay with us! Thanks for being our guest and I hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to the King of Prussia area!

Reviewed May 13, 2011

The hotel location looks very appealing from the trip in. You turn down a quiet little lane and there is the Hyatt Place on a quiet little cul-de-sac. The building is very fresh from the outside, and the lobby is european in design. I was greeted and shown the business center, deli/breakfast bar and a quiet little bar. The first 3 minutes were excellent! I figured that this would be a pretty decent value for the nearly two hundred per night charged with tax.

After check-in the little things started to add up. The elevator gives away that this hotel was probably a re-model of a building. It was slow and kind of noisy. I was given a room on the backside of the hotel (more than 50% of the rooms face the freeway) which to my consternation faced the freeway.

I decided I would get some dinner and went down to the deli/bistro. Well, the fare is really not for dinner, more for lite meals or late nite. There was a small kitchen that was manned by the bartender/cook/desk clerk, and you order the food from a touch-screen. Scratch the quiet hotel dinner. I got in the car and drove to the nearest place to eat in the King of Prussia mall area about 2.5 miles away.

Upon my return, I decided to get a mocha from the Starbucks in the bar area. Well, the bartender/cook/desk clerk/barista had to get out the recipe book to figure out how to make this. She did a decent job, but the price was $1 more than a real Starbucks. I didn't really mind since it was convenient, and the coffee was good with a cigar while sitting outside.

Up in my room, I noticed A LOT OF TRAFFIC NOISE, and had to turn up the TV to hear it. Needless to say the noise was a little problematic when trying to drift off to sleep.

Pros
Nice rooms - clean and tidy
Decent location for Business
32" HD TV
Good Workspace
Small refrigerator in room
Good Wi-Fi

CONS
No dining within walking distance
TRAFFIC NOISE from Freeway
Food not what you would expect in a Hyatt
Pathetic Continental Breakfast (toast, cereal, canned fruit, bananas, apples)
Pricey breakfast to purchase

Summary
A decent business hotel for a short stay if you are driving. Don't expect to get your regular meals here, but the kitchen gives you late night options. The cleanliness and friendliness of the staff make this a solid choice though not a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank irloyal
hyattplacekop, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Dear Irloyal: Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hyatt Place is a new product in the King of Prussia market. Therefore, we appreciate your critique, as it helps us to further elevate the brand and provide the best service possible. We’re excited to announce that as of May 16th, we have completed installation of noise reducing windows throughout the hotel. Thanks for being our guest, and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area!

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We loved this motel. This was the nicest motel we have ever stayed at. The rooms were very spacious for a family of five and clean. The beds were so comfortable to sleep in. We never experienced any problems during our stay. The continental breakfast was very good especially considering it was included with the room rates. My children loved the food, the pool, and the room. We would definitely recommend this motel. The staff are also very friendly and helpful and also accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JennS1Sarnia_Ontario

Dear JennS1Sarnia_Ontario:

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. We are so thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your time here at the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia. I hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area!

Reviewed April 8, 2011

This hotel gets a 99 out of 100 in my eyes.

That being said, I was only there one night, and was not able to really take advantage of all the good things they have to offer.

The room was fantastic. I believe every room comes with a couch/sitting area, which was cool. The bathroom was the toilet and shower separate by a door with a sink/mirror on the outside, which is cool if you are with other people. The (comfortable) bed was just that...comfortable.

The dining area seemed nice, but I was only able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast.

The one thing that I didn't like was the self check-in. At first I loved it, cause it was simple. Swipe your card and it prints out some inf o and your room key...easy. Check-out was just as easy...swipe your card and the bill gets printed.

Oh, another great thing...FREE WIRELESS INTERNET in the room...this should be a hotel standard!

The one thing about this that I didn't like was that my debit card was charged the room fee twice, mistake and kind of annoying.

The area is pretty good as well (again, not able to take advantage). Good mall and restaurants are nearby.

Overall, a def A.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mjh84
hyattplacekop, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Dear mjh84: Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer at the Hyatt Place King of Prussia!

I am sorry that you encountered a billing error while staying with us. I am hoping that the problem was corrected to your satisfaction. If not, or if any corrective action still needs to be taken, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly at (484) 690-3000.

Thank you again for your review and we certainly hope you'll join us again the next time you find yourself in the King of Prussia area!

Reviewed March 7, 2011

My family wanted to go on a relaxing, stress-free weekend and I booked this hotel based on the fact that they had an indoor pool so the kids would have something to do. This hotel is fantastic! Everything from the friendly, helpful staff to the clean rooms.
I would highly recommend this hotel and intend on making reservations for another stay in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JenninPA
hyattplacekop, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

JenninPA: Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a chance to relax in our pool. I'm glad to see that you intend on coming back to be our guest again. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope to see you again in the near future!