“One of the best in the group”

Morton's The Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 150 Restaurants in King of Prussia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wills Blvd. at Allendale Road
Description: Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - King of Prussia. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food has always been tasty and hot. The service is good and the consistency is there. If you want a truly good steak and a place to sit back and enjoy a meal, this is the best in KoP

There are newer reviews for Morton's The Steak House

Reviewed October 21, 2012

It is what I expect from Morton's it is the average Morton's experience, great steak, sides, dessert and informed service. The challenge is parking - petition to have a stand alone building, similar to Capital Grille and Sullivan's.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Host made us feel like old friends. The french onion soup is fabulous! Great food and service but expensive.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife & I are long time Morton fans. We actually make it a habit to watch major sporting events like the Super Bowl & the Masters at the bar with a nice long dinner. We typically go there almost once a month just to enjoy a great steak & great service. But no more--our recent visit this week was very disapointing. Under new ownership--it's obvious the quality of the steaks & lobster is just not the same. The filet was just what you might get at Outback & the lobster tail was mushy & I don't think it was cold water as advertised. The staff & service was still excellent but Mortons has now become nothing more than a Red Lobster with a white tablecloth. Our matre de Earl--we will miss you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Morton’s is known for its steak (and high prices), so we were expecting great things from this restaurant, but it did not meet our expectations.

I think a big problem is that this restaurant is located in a mall. Granted, King of Prussia Mall is a wonderful mall and my favorite of all those we’ve visited, but walking into Morton’s through a hallway from the mall detracts from the experience for sure. We noticed a group of young people coming in for dinner and one of them had a t-shirt and baseball cap on. I was happy to see the maître d' pull the young man aside and whisper something in his ear which must have been to the effect of removing the cap and putting on a collared shirt because the young man left and returned sans cap wearing a button down dress shirt over his t-shirt. But, I can certainly see how people would not necessarily expect there to be a dress code based on its location.

The restaurant is dark, but we had some candlelight by which to read the menu. The first thing I noticed was the water glasses which were either dirty or terribly scratched up. We paid $230 for dinner that night for 2 people and we can’t even expect decent water glasses? The warm bread they served was good, but the bottom was burned and we had to use a steak knife to cut through the bottom. I don’t know if this is intentional, but the bread was good anyway.

Before going any further, I have to say that our server was excellent. She (Amy) was one of the best servers we’ve ever had anywhere. Pleasant. Professional. Attentive. An asset to the restaurant for sure. On to the food.

My husband had the crab cake (just 1) appetizer and although it was small and singular, he said it was the best crab cake he has ever had. I had the onion soup and I have to say I was very disappointed. It was bland and forgettable; not at all what I expected from Morton’s kitchen. For entrees, my husband had the New York Strip and I had the 6 oz. filet mignon with Bleu Cheese Butter on top (it was maybe 1 tablespoon). The filet mignon was excellent, but my husband wasn’t thrilled with his steak. It was unevenly cooked and quite fatty. Worth $57? I think not. We also shared a side of the ‘Parmesan & Truffle Matchstick Fries’ which were also disappointing. They’re basically shoestring fries with some seasoning and for $12, totally not worth it. I did opt for one of their warm desserts which had to be preordered at the time we ordered our entrees. It was a little annoying that even though we had ordered this upside apple pie dessert over an hour before, it still took a very long time to arrive at our table.

All in all, for $230 for 2 people - what a major disappointment. The service was excellent, but the location stinks and the food was not at all worth the prices paid. Maybe, we’ll give Morton’s another try in another city, but we definitely won’t be returning to the one at King of Prussia mall.