“Clean Room and Indoor Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Clean Room and Indoor Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

This is off the PA turnpike and not too far from downtown Philly maybe 20 mins. The lobby is a little small -there's plenty of on site free parking. Good buffet breakfast. I happen to like Crown Plaza and usually find most of them clean and comfortable.--this is a cheaperplace to stay instead of downtown philly where the hotels can be very expensive.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
rmcgowan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Thank you for your nice remarks about my hotel. My team and I appreciate the positive feedback, especially as it relates to the hotel cleanliness and convenience. I also want to thank you for recognizing the value that my hotel and other Crowne Plazas offer the travelling public. We have a brand that is upscale in style but one that offers excellent value as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay. Have safe travels and come back to see us soon.

Bob McGowan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I won a free night stay at this hotel from a contest at a local outlet mall. Since I had never won anything before I was very excited.

We arrived on a Friday night, the lobby was very nice and we were greeted promptly. They informed we have we would be staying on the 5th floor (club level) which is a key access only floor. I was amazed and excited anticipating something equally as posh as the marble lobby area. Nope, no such luck. The floor was OK but it had a long dark and even dingy hallway, bummer. The room was OK. It was clean except for the sheer curtain over the air conditioner which was filthy dirty and a portion of the wallpaper that was peeling.

We stayed in a room with a king bed and a sofa bed. I pulled out the sofa bed and set it up for my daughter as it was late. I tucked her and after a bit she complained the bed was uncomfortable. Ignoring her complaint, I went to bed. A short time later she was still not asleep so we had her join us in bed so we could all get some sleep. Finally, I decided I'd sleep on the sofa bed. Oh my, it wasn't just uncomfortable, it was paperthin and you could feel the metal underneath. IBy the foot of the sofabed mattress there was even stuffing hanging out. Not impressed at all.

The walls or door must also be thin because we could hear the hallway traffic all night.

It is definitely close to the mall, I'd describe it as in the mall parking lot and our room basically had a view of Costco and the mall.

To assess the pool, you need to go outside and over to Bally's so considering it was 39 degrees there was no swimming for us.

We did eat the breakfast buffet downstairs the following morning (as it was included in the win) and it was good. If it was not included though, it would be worth skipping as it is a bit pricey.

We decided to check out a different hotel for Saturday night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as we are continually working toward exceeding all of our guests expectations. Constructive criticism as you have offered is a great help to us - we thank you for that.

We do apologize that you were not 100% pleased with the guest room. I wanted you to know that we did replace the sheers in the room as they had become worn and we somehow overlooked them. In addition, I investigated the sofa bed in your room and found it to be about normal as sofa beds go. The nature of those mattresses are such that they simply do not replace the comfort of a normal bed. We are sorry it did not meet your expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

PA
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Just returned from a one night stay at the Crowne Plaza Valley Forge. We stay 3-4 times a year here and have done so for the last 5 years or so. Always clean and quiet. Perfect when you're going to be spending the day shopping at the mall as it is real close. I booked a package deal that included two $25.00 American Express Gift Cards and a VIP Coupon book. I had to ask upon checking in about receiving them. Got the gift cards but I never received the VIP coupon book. Expected better since I would consider myself a regular visitor. Will definitely stay here again and again whenever we return to shop however.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
rmcgowan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in Valley Forge and we look forward to your return. I especially want to thank you for your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel. We pride ourselves in paying extra close attention to cleaning our guestrooms and especially the bathrooms!! We do have an outstanding housekeeping team and we appreciate you recognizing their efforts.

I am sorry we failed to deliver the coupon book as promised. I will have to look into that omission as I was not aware of any reason we did not have them avaialble. We definitely owe you a second book when you return.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. We appreciate the feedback very much and we appreciate you as our guest even more.

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Nice hotel, good size rooms, clean and tidy bathroom, really very comfortable bed. Staff were very helpful throughout. The food in the restaurants was excellent, portions definitely American-sized (too much for me!). Fitness centre next door, a little bit tired in my view. Located right next to the King of Prussia shopping mall which is truly enormous - great if shopping's your thing - and there are plenty of eateries within walking distance. It's about a half hour from Philadelphia airport...longer in the rush hour. No grounds to speak of, it's surrounded by car parking.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay at my property. I am extremely pleased that you found the hotel "clean and tidy". We have a dedicated team of professionals that understands the importance of cleanliness and comfort for our guests. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed their work!! I also appreciate your kind words about our food & beverage services. We have worked hard to improve in this area over the years and I'm happy it is resulting in such positive feedback. We too are hoping for some needed refurbishment at Bally Total Fitness. Although they have added a number of new machines the building is in need of a facelift. Having said that, however, it does offer a wide range of fitness opportunities not found at any of our competitor facilities.

Thank you again for your kindness. We look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was in King of Prussia for training and this definitely is the best place in the area. It is right opposite to the humongous King of Prussia mall located right opposite to the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel to keep yourself satisfied. Will definitely be staying again.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I often stay at the Crowne and it is consistently better than the Radisson, Dolce, and Marriot (in Conchy). They have excellent service, nice clean rooms with refrigerators. Also, for business travelors who stay there enough times get access to a room with continental breakfast and something in the evening too (I never go at night). In any case, I was able to quickly grab some coffee and a granola bar in the morning. Internet access is free and typically works very well. Although when there are a lot of people on it, it can slow down. The location is also conveniently close to the King of Prussia Mall.

Some things that I don't like. You have access to a Bally's gym with a pool next door but that gym gets very crowded. Also, I've stayed many nights at thios hotel and I've found the TV remote controls to be a pain in every room. They don't work very well and the TV is slow to respond to channel changes. Whatever system they use needs to be improved. Also, if you have kids who like the Disney Channel, they don't include that on their channel lineup.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed overnight on the way to the Jersey Shore. The desk staff was nice, the rooms were clean and nicely decorated, it had a newer flat screen T.V. and a refridgerator in the room. I didn't realize when I booked the hotel that breakfast was not included. We ended up spending another $25 on breakfast. (not at the hotel) Also, there is a pool at the health club next store (just a short walk) but it's not really appropriate for kids. I asked the desk staff when I checked in and she said 'sure, kids can swim there. it has a spot that is away from the lap lanes". It did, she was correct, but it was a very small space with no room to really swim w/o disturbing the people swimming laps. And there wasn't another kid in sight, but lots of people who seemed disturbed by them. When we were leaving, one older woman did compliment me about how well my kids behaved so maybe they are used to seeing kids there?! I would stay at this hotel again if I didn't have my kids with me. They like an indoor pool where they can actually swim and they both love when they can get breakfast at the hotel (we weren't paying $14 a piece for the hotel buffet).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rmcgowan, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us again very soon. I especially want to thank you for your comments about my staff and the cleanliness of your room. I think the two most important aspects of the hospitality industry (besides location perhaps) are friendliness and cleanliness. We do have an outstanding staff and we appreciate you recognizing them.

I will take your comments about the pool to the management at Bally Total Fitness as there may be something we can do to make it more enjoyable for the children. It is a large pool for a typical hotel pool arrangement so we should be able to make it even more appealing for everyone.

Thank you again. We hope to see you soon.