“Excellent customer service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

At first I hesitated to book the room here as my experience at a Crowne Plaza wasn't the best one, but then they offered shuttle service to the training center I have to go to ( I didn't want to drive 20 miles each way in the snow/ice condition) and the room rate offered is the best one, and the reviews are good on Tripadvisor. Boy, was I pleasantly surprise! :) I experienced great customer services, from front desk, to housekeeping to shuttle drivers. Although I have to agree with some of the reviewers that a couple of staff at the restaurants were not the friendliest, but I didn't get bothered by it too much. I also noticed people do not tip the staff at the restaurants, so can this be one of the reasons why they are not the friendliest among all other staff at the hotel?

The room was nice and clean, although the wall is quite thin, so if you have a noisy neighbor, then you might have some noise issue. The bathroom is nice and clean and you can tell they had recently renovated the place.

Overall speaking, I enjoyed my stay here and yes, I would stay here again if I am in the suburban Philly area, oh and yes, having the mall right across is a big plus for me. I didn't attempt to walk over to the mall in the below freezing condition, but I know a few folks that I met did. It is really close by and I think they hotel shuttle will take you there as well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I really appreciate your making time to write about your experience with us. I am thrilled to know you truly enjoyed your visit and plan to stay with us again on a return trip.

I will be sure to recognize my team for having made such a positive impression.

Bob McGowan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed hear over the weekend of a two week trip. The room was clean and very comfortable. Best of all though were the staff who, without exception, were helpful and courteous. For those who like the shopping, the Mall is literally across the road and has pretty much all the shops one might hope for and a good selection of restaurants.

Would certainly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am especially pleased by the positive impression that my team had on you and hope that you will have the opportunity to return very soon. I will be sure to commend my associates for going above and beyond.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed on the executive floor and we were very happy with the room, it was clean and spacious. The little lounge on the floor including complimentary continental breakfast and evening snacks (not every day of the week) was a nice plus. The hotel offers complimentary parking, wifi and access to the LA fitness. It's located just next to King of Prussia mall so it's perfect for those who come to do some shopping.
The only thing which should be improved is the breakfast service. The buffet offers good selection and there is also the station where they can make fresh omelettes or waffles for you. For some reason you can't get your own drinks, you have to ask the staff but unfortunately it's quite hard to get their attention. We stayed there for a few nights and in most cases there was nobody to welcome us and get us the table so we had to go ahead on our own and get some food, eventually the staff appeared and asked if we wanted any drinks, once we got our drinks they lost any interest in us and nobody asked if we needed any more juice or water once we finished our glasses, it was really frustrating trying to get their attention so we gave up and left. We didn't really understand the attitude especially because the breakfast room wasn't busy, the only exception was an Indian looking man who was very professional and looked after us very well.
It's a very nice hotel and we would recommend it, it would definitely help if the breakfast service got more friendly and guest orientated, also it would be great if the guests could get their own drinks for breakfast as it's common in other hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KatLan
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent comments about my hotel. I will be sure to let my team know of your feedback. They will be happy that you enjoyed your visit. I do appreciate your thoughts on our breakfast services and will address your concerns immediately, especially as it relates to attentiveness.

Thank you again for your feedback and for having been our guest. I look forward to your return.

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here next to the mall on a Saturday night. The price was great - just over $100. It's convenient to the mall, it offers free shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel, who couldn't like that.

We were on the executive floor so I can only speak to that.I was quite impressed with the bathroom. It had a large walk in shower - not tub - which I really like. The mirror was back light providing a nice ambiance in the bathroom not to mention it worked well for shaving. My wife liked it as well - so it's a winner as far as I'm concerned.

We did not eat in the restaurant, prices are typical for these type of restaurant buffets so we avoided it. We can't eat that much food anyway.

The front desk was helpful when called up and the place was clean and convenient. We'd return.

Room Tip: We liked the executive floor and although the "lounge" for that floor is not open on the w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I appreciate all of the positive comments and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team. I am especially pleased that you liked the new bathrooms. We renovated all of our bathrooms last year and have received excellent reviews of them since. Thanks,

I look forward to your return!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I recently stayed at Crowne Plaza on a business trip to the Valley Forge area. It was my first encounter at an IHG property so I did not know what to expect. While the external structure seemed to look older, the lobby, guest rooms and bathrooms have been renovated and refitted to make it functional for travelers and trendy.
My overall experience was EXCELLENT, the lobby, hallways and room were immaculately clean and updated; comfortable plush bedding was an added bonus. Very nice room which made it perfect for relaxing after being in training all day. Room service was the best I’ve had while traveling, having lots of options to choose from, all items listed were reasonable priced.
Added perks were close proximity to lots of shopping and restaurants, well lit parking lot and complimentary access to LA Fitness.
The front desk staff, room attendants and room service personnel were always smiling, professional and very knowledgeable about IHG brands and rewards. Overall a great value for the price point and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Tonya,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really appreciate all of the positive comments about your stay and about my team. I will be sure to let them know of your kind remarks.
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us...it is nice to know we exceeded your expectations in so many ways. I am most pleased that you found the hotel very clean and the staff friendly and professional.

Tonya, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was only an okay hotel. Reasonably clean, a little noisy, overpriced food. What really lowered my rating was petty theft - smash and grab via car windows in a well lighted parking lot - and the exceptionally dead neighborhood for miles around. Almost nothing was open past 8 pm. And this is across the street from one of the biggest malls in America. So location is really a detriment but fed the hotel facilities which were also limited to the bar much of the non daylight hours. The breakfast was way overpriced and not particularly good. Staff was okay but not very helpful in the face of car damage. The set up for conference rooms was reasonable. Also a plus, contrary to information on web wi-fi is available for free. Why would it be any other way? Talk to the airlines about checked bags or their increasingly restrictive frequent flyer programs. Being a traveler is increasingly NOT about service. This hotel were okay on this occasion okay but nothing special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry about the incident with your car and the lack of response by my team. I am sorry it had such a negative impact on your stay. It is extremely rare when issues such as this occur due to our well-lit lot and security. We need to continue our diligence in this area.

I am a bit surprised by your comments about our location. Nearly all of the stores and restaurants at the mall are open past 8PM, especially this time of year. Also, it would be helpful to know where you saw contrary information on the web about our internet service. We have it detailed on our sites as FREE for both wired and wireless.

We appreciate all feedback and use it to continue to work at improving our hotel for every traveler. Thank you again for your comments.

Joao Pessoa, PB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Excelent hotel to explore Valley Forge and vicinity . Phillies is 15-20" away, and the great mall literally steps away. Nice rooms, comfy and very clean. Snow flakes welcome us and it turned our stay more relaxing and full of joy. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Crowne Plaza Valley Forge.

You were kind to note that you found our staff helpful and friendly...I will be sure to pass that along to them. Thank you for also recognizing what n excellent location we have whether going to the Mall or to downtown Philly. I do appreciate having had you as our guest and I hope you will return very soon.