“excellent hotel in excellent location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 15, 2013

prior to staying for 2 nights we read the reviews. all of the positives proved true; none of the negatives (other than the smoking area IS right outside the main entrance) were encountered. the front desk had already upgraded us, and we were given immediate advice on late night eating opportunities. i would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wontonjohn
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of the kind remarks. I am thrilled you referenced all of the positive things we do as we work very hard to deliver excellent service to each guest, every time. I must say about our smoking area...it is actually across the drive from the main entrance. Unfortunately, at times, we have folks just decide to smoke where they want and not pay attention to the signs. I promise that we will be more diligent in policing the area in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently stayed for a week at this hotel on a business trip. Hotel offered special rate for a nearby training center that included breakfast and free shuttle service.
The property seems to be older, but has been renovated recently. The room was a little small, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The KOP mall is right across the street and has plenty of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
Overall a nice stay and would definitely recommend for business trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate your feedback very much. It was a pleasure serving you for so long. I know my team enjoyed caring for you while here. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the chef about breakfast, he will be pleased.

We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again very soon. Until then....

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Basic hotel that needs a make over. No coffee machine at breakfast that worked. Shabby furnishings. Thin walls and ancient light fittings.
Only positive access to gym and pool.
Wouldn't stay unless you have no alternative. Time for a refit.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not find the hotel to your liking as most guests do. I wonder if you would be willing to call me directly as I am very interested in hearing specifically about your visit. I would hope to get some clarification regarding your comments since we spent over $4million dollars in renovation in 2012, a small part of that being every coffee maker. At any rate, we really appreciate your comments and will continue to work hard to deliver an outstanding experience for our guests every time.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was Very happy with the service i received it was delivered with a smile the room was very clean overall with plenty of towels . there was free parking as well as complimentary internet which was a nice touch i would definitely recommend and stay again at this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will be sure to let my staff know how pleased you were with your stay. I am especially happy that you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. We do offer free wired and wireless internet access, glad you were able to enjoy it.

I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally should your travel plans return you to our area.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 1-1/2 weeks during training at a nearby company. The rooms were comfortable and very clean.

Service at the hotel was very good. I enjoyed ordering drinks from Dan, the bartender, who was an excellent conversationalist. I asked Roberta at breakfast if she could pour some decaf over ice. She kindly brought me the iced coffee as well as decanter of coffee just in case I needed more.

I would have liked to see an iHome alarm clock or power outlet on the nightstand so I could charge my iPhone near the bed. Also, the hotel has Lodgenet, but I could not find a way to use my iPhone as a remote using the Lodgenet app, which I have done at other hotels.

There is no fitness center or pool in the actual hotel. However, guests have access to a full-sized health club next door. The pro is the gym has a huge selection of equipment, while most hotels only have a treadmills. The con is you have to leave the hotel in bad weather. Fortunately I didn't have bad weather: I ended up running down the street at Valley Forge most days instead.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room facing the mall more than the back parking lot. It seemed larger.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will be sure that Dan and Roberta are acknowledged for delivering superior service. I know they will appreciate your kind remarks. Thanks as well for your comments about our fitness center. Having an La Fitness as our center offers our guests a huge advantage over all the other hotels that have just a small room with a couple of treadmills. I will note that we are looking at adding electrical outlets to make for easier access for connecting phones and other devices. More to come on that in the next few months!!

Thanks again for your feedback and for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at Crowne Plaza for 4 days and during those 4 days our room was regularly cleaned and supplies were replenished. The hotel is wonderful and the staff is very friendly and helpful, the whole look of the hotel is great and everything is sparkling and clean. The rooms were great and the beds were comfy, we loved the updated bathrooms with the big walk in shower. Their breakfast buffet was a pleasant surprise as it had a lot of choices and again the wait staff was friendly and efficient. I could've easily given this hotel a 5 star if not for the internet connection, it was terrible and for someone that needs to get some work done....well you are out of luck. It's very iffy at times and extremely slow. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age they have such unreliable internet connections at the Crowne Plaza. Plus side is if you have some time to shop you are right across the King of Prussia Mall.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katrina K
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your many positive comments about my hotel and my team. I cannot thank you enough for being so completely thorough. You really did capture the essence of what we are trying to do...deliver an excellent, clean environment, in a superior location with service delivered in a friendly accommodating manner. It seems we hit the mark on all of those areas. I am sorry you experienced trouble with your internet connection. Given that we recently expanded our bandwidth to a 50M circuit, I am surprised that you did not have outstanding connection and speed. I promise to investigate your particular room for what may have caused you difficulties. I will get that fixed immediately.

Thank you again for having been our guest. We do look forward to your return.

General Manager.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Crowne Plaza is a good, very well-located business hotel. Being next to the King of Prussia Mall, it is conveniently located for leisure travel, as well.
The rooms are good, but not necessarily as good as some other Crowne Plaza units. Specifically, I missed the bathtub and the option to have rooms without fitted wall-to-wall carpet. But it is a good hotel and I surely hope to come back there several more times.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Johan K
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay so much that you would stay again if your plans bring you back to King of Prussia. If you do return, please request a room with a bathtub. We retained about 60 of our guest rooms with tubs when we did our recent bathroom remodeling. We know many of our guests like the tubs so we have ample to choose from throughout the hotel.

Thank you for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.