“Not my first choice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cary, North Carolina
“Not my first choice”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I guess I have stayed in too many Hyatts, Sofitels and Marriotts, but this was just not up to par. The hotel was noisy, AC did not work well, food was mediocre at best and staff response while friendly, not up to my professional standards. It is convenient to the mall and many good restaurants and was close to my place of work, but so are a nymber of other hotels- do not think i will be back unless others are sold out.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. While we love hearing all the positive comments which are the norm for us, we do welcome all feedback and use it in every aspect of what we do to continually work at improving our product and service. I am sorry that you did not have an excellent experience this time. I hope we will have the opportunity of serving you again sometime soon.

Bob McGowan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed here before on business trips to the USA. The hotel is opposite the mall which is very easy to walk to and convienient for resteraunts in the area. The rooms are generally large, clean and comfortable and the refurbished bathrooms are great (although note that you only get a large walk-in shower - no bath).

This time I stayed on the 5th floor which has a lounge that you can get into via your door key offering a light diy breakfast or evening drinks. However most days I took breakfast downstairs which is of a buffet style plus made to order omlettes.

The hotel has a decent bar and you can get an evening meal or room-service. There is also gym access local to the hotel (not tried).

Compared to the nearby Hyatt House where I have also stayed, there are minor pro's and con's to each hotel but the Crowne Plaza is a good hotel to stay at and has the better breakfast (slighly worse selection of TV channels). Only niggle - one of the lifts feel slightly aged and grinds a bit as you near the 5th floor.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor to get perks.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We appreciate your comments a great deal, especially that you enjoyed the location, the large, clean rooms and our new bathrooms. I am very happy you enjoyed breakfast. It is always nice to be favorably compared to one of our competitors.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you again some time soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was really wowed by a young lady at the front desk who helped me with restaurants,
names, addresses, phone numbers and her opinion - which was spot on.
Excellent!!!!!

Location - is right on the drive of the most incredible shopping mall in the country.

Convenient to Haverford and Philly

Room Tip: Room on the top floor was nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks and outstanding ratings! We could not be more pleased to know how much you appreciated the efforts of our front desk associate that assisted you. We are very fortunate to have many excellent people who truly want to help make our guests feel welcome and at home.

Thank you for having been our guest.. We hope to see you on a return vist some time soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed three nights while visiting family. The room was clean, bright and comfortable. The bathroom had good lighting, and a shower with a partial glass enclosure. The bed was comfortable. We did not use the hotel restaurant, but, since the King of Prussia Mall is across the street, we found many places to eat, and before the Mall opened we found Panera nearby with a good continental style breakfast (the hotel only offered a fixed price buffet breakfast). The price for the buffet in the hotel was more than we wanted to pay for only coffee, orange juice and a muffin. It would be nice if the hotel would make these items available for less.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my thanks for your excellent feedback. I appreciate all of the kind remarks about the hotel and our convenient location to the mall and all the other restaurants. Thank you for the feedback about breakfast as well. I'm not sure how we miscommunicated that. We do offer a continental breakfast both in room service and in the restaurant. It is $9.00 per person. We need to evaluate how that item is promoted to make sure that all of our guests know it is available. I promise to do that.

Thanks again for taking the time to write. We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was in great location. It was right by the King of Prussia mall, minutes from great restaurants and Valley Forge Casino. The staff at the hotel was very personable and friendly. We were greeted by Eugene at the front desk upon arrival. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. The price we paid for the room was great. And the room was a nice size, was very clean and on the first floor. Bathroom was spacious clean and brightly light. In the hotel there was also a breakfast buffet which was delicious and reasonably priced. If you’re looking to stay in the KOP area I would suggest this hotel because of the friendly staff, beautiful clean room and great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the excellent review. My team and I appreciate the positive feedback related to our cleanliness and our friendliness. We work hard to achieve success in delivering on those two critical components during a guest's stay...it is great to know you were pleased. Thanks also for recognizing what a great location we have to the mall. We really appreciate all the superlatives. We hope to see you again very soon.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2013

As a frequent traveler who is has Marriott Gold status. Most Crowne Plaza Hotels are comparable to a Marriott, some come up very short. This particular Crowne Plaza hotel exceeded about every Marriott in cleanliness, service and food. I highly recommend hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you for the high praise. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my housekeeping team who take great pride in their work. They will be thrilled to see that you truly enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to commend my entire team for ensuring your complete satisfaction.

Thank you again for having been our guest. We hope to see you soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The rooms are of a good size and the bathroom is amazing and recently renovated. I couldn't believe it when, I saw the bathroom and remembered one reviewer who was complaining that there is no door on the shower: it's a modern, all-tile shower, with a glass, one you would be happy to have in your house. The gym (which is not in the hotel but just in the building 20ft from the exit door) is a real, full blown gym (I love sports so I found it amazing). Only one thing: when I stayed there, I guess they have just changed the carpet in the corridor and the smell was still pretty strong. Warning: if you are the kind of person who expect the towels to be folded every day, that won't happen: if you hang them to continue to use them, they keep them there (which is ok: do you fold your towels every day at home? I don't think so).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I especially appreciate your comment about the bathrooms. We spent a great deal of money in making them so nice...it is excellent to hear that you enjoyed them. Thank you as well for recognizing our relationship with the LA Fitness center. It really does offer so much more than the standard hotel fitness room. Lastly, we did refurbish our hallways with brand new carpet. It was installed the day before your arrival. The new carpet smell dissipates quickly so that will not be a problem for you in the future.

We appreciate your business a great deal and look forward to your return some time soon.