Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia(King of Prussia)(Great Value!)
$101
HIExpress.com
$119
$111
$109
All reviewsa priority club memberla fitnessquiet zonebreakfast buffetclub floorroom servicenice lobbyhotel restaurantnice hotelfront desk staffdance competitionstayed here for one nightdirectly across the streetvalley forgebusiness tripfirst floornice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just a few walks across the street to reach the huge mall in King of Prussia for our shopping, that is just amazing. Our room with a King bed was clean and nice, with view facing the shopping mall. We requested a wake up call and it was delivered on time. The front desk stuffs answered our every question with smile and patient. We really enjoyed our stay and want to say thanks to everyone in the hotel who served us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We really appreciate the kind remarks about our hotel and our staff. We really do enjoy an excellent location to the mall and could not be happier to know how much you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for having been our guest. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for two nights while attending the CIO Forum event.

The hotel has a nice lobby and is conveniently located by the shopping mall. The room is good size and comes with a bathroom room which is recently rennovated. Customer Service (especially the front desk staff) is top notch.

For a business traveler, I look for a comfortable guest lounge for a nice break in the late afternoon and quick breakfast in the morning. There is a priority club lounge on the 5th floor, but it really ca nuse a facelift.

If you are a light sleeper like me, make sure you learn how to operate the aged air-conditioner in the room. I switched on auto-fan which is a big mistake. You absolutely don't want to do that -- at least not in the room that I stayed. The air conditor made a lot of noises in that case. And the water in the cooling unit was even noiser than the air cond itself.

If you would like to use the shuttle service, definitely should check with the front desk. I was surprised that the shuttle was unavailable one night. I ended up walking back to the hotel in the dark from the call .although the front desk offered to call a cab for me. Well, I didn't want to wait for the cab and the driver wouldn't be happy with the fare either.

While there are additional things about my room that should be easily fixed by house-keeping if they pay more attention to details, the front deak staff and their support staff/engineers are very helpful. They do care about their customer and value customer satisfaction.

Hope my next stay will be better on my next visit to the King of Prussia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mall
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased that you felt our customer service was excellent. We pride ourselves on having the best service staff...it is nice to get your accolades. I appreciate all of your other feedback as well. We most definitely use information such as this to continue to look for ways to improve our product and service. I will be sure to consider your comments and address any of those areas that require our attention.

Thank you again for your feedback. Thanks also for having been our guest. We look forward to your return sometime soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

As an older hotel the Crowne Plaza Valley Forge is in need of a facelift, as it feels very outdated. That said, rooms are large and clean, and have a great large screen TV, and the bathrooms have been revamped. Free WiFi is fast and reliable. Breakfasts were excellent and service very good. The location across from King of Prussia is perfect. Will stay here again but I hope there are more upgrades planned.

• Stayed: May 2013
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your kind remarks about the cleanliness and friendliness of the hotel and staff. It is always nice to get excellent ratings for our breakfast and service as well. Thank you for your mention of our new bathrooms and WIFI. We just completed a $4million renovation of the bathrooms and are in the middle of replacing all of our hallway carpet. That will be completed by end of May. Although, as you mentioned, our WIFI is excellent, we are in the process of doubling our bandwidth in order to stay ahead of our competitors in that regard. Some other items we are doing or have just done include all new coffee makers, new clock radios that include the capability of playing and charging any cell phone and some enhancements to our landscaping to improve the sense of arrival.
Thank you again for having been our guest. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I got this hotel on-sale making a last-minute reservation so I paid less than 1/2 the regular price for a 2-night stay. Therefore please note I'm basing this review on the value I received for the discounted price I paid. In other words, I may not have been as impressed if I paid the regular price.

Pros: Good customer service: Sadly I find it rare these days to find a hotel with good customer service however the staff at this hotel was very pleasant, helpful and courteous. Examples: I arrived late (10:45 PM) and hungry, the kitchen was about to close but I was able to place the last order at the bar. The bar hostess was very friendly and nice. I asked to take-out my food and she packed it nicely with everything I needed. The food was surprisingly very good and healthy (salmon with steamed vegetables) and I'm very picky about food. The front desk was fast and responsive, both at check-in and check-out. The restaurant staff was very friendly and attentive. Location: The location is great as it's right next to a large mall. There are a ton of restaurants within 5-10 mins drive and it's easy to get onto the highway. Parking is complimentary.
Cons: The room walls and doors are quite thin so can hear everything that's going on in the hallway and all the conversations. The inside dead-bolt lock on the door was broken. There is no bathtub in the room, just a shower, so can't take a nice relaxing bath. The breakfast buffet in the lobby could be better in terms of food quality and some small details like removing place settings from the table if no one is using them. The table was very cluttered with extra place settings that were getting unnecessarily dirty (what a waste) because they weren't cleared away.

Room Tip: Reserve a room away from the Ice Machine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all of your feedback. I appreciate your kind remarks a great deal. I could not be happeier that you found my team to be so accommodating. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed your take out food order. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Chef. I wanted you to know that we have about 30% of our rooms that we kept with bathtubs after our recent remodel. If you should find yourself returning to our area, you just need to request a tub room and it will be yours. Thanks agin for all of your feedback. I will be sure to address your other concerns with my team very soon.

Thanks for having been our guest!

General Manager.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast buffet was ample and good. It was a lovely place to stay. I would have preferred a room not on the first floor as my window faced the parking lot. Any other floor would have allowed me to open my drapes.

Room Tip: I would have preferred to have a room not on the first floor as my window faced the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay. It is great to hear that you found my team to be friendly and the hotel to be clean! Those are such basic but critical aspects of a great hotel...I am glad you were happy with our efforts. Sorry you did not get a room on a higher floor. I am not sure if you requested one but with 5 floors of rooms we generally can meet that request at all times. We hope to see you again if your business brings you back to King of Prussia.

Best regards,