Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia(King of Prussia)(Great Value!)
$110
$111
Doubletree.com
$109
Hyatt.com
All reviewsa priority club memberla fitnessquiet zonebreakfast buffetclub floorroom servicenice lobbyhotel restaurantnice hotelfront desk staffdance competitionstayed here for one nightdirectly across the streetvalley forgebusiness tripfirst floornice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a one-night, "spur of the moment" stay. We decided to go shopping at the King of Prussia mall directly across the street. We debated driving into the city after shopping (a lot more hassle, but a great time once there) or to just stay next door to the mall. We decided to stay close and relax, since this is what we needed more than anything. The lobby was fine and still decorated for the holidays. Our room had a king bed, a sofa and a nice size bathroom. We booked at the AAA rate of $116.00. The shower had excellent water temp. and pressure. The bed was super-comfy and we both slept very well. Apparantly, there is a "pillow menu" but recently, I have noticed that many hotels are using "mini-pillows" (as they also do), so I did take my own. They provided lavendar pillow spray, a relaxation CD and earplugs (we just used the pillow spray). We had made plans to dine at Sullivan's (barely out of the parking lot) which is known for its' jazz and martinis. Unfortunately, my husband developed a significant headache (lots of shopping/spending you know! :), so we just ordered a movie and room service. The food was actually very good (coconut chicken with mashed potatoes and vegs. for hubby and the sesame chicken salad for me) and delivered promptly. We were pleasantly surprised. Before dinner, I had gone down to the front desk to request some coffee for my husband (trying to alleviate the headache) and the front desk called over to the restaurant where a wait-staff person brought me a complimentary cup. The coffee was also, surprisingly, very good. The Crowne Plaza is not the Rittenhouse or the Four Seasons, but we made a very good choice with what is offered in the King of Prussia area. We will stay at the Crowne Plaza again!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mamakinrocks
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one night and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is well located near the highway, the King of Prussia Mall, and Valley Forge National Park. The mall does increase traffic during the day though.

The room is very clean, modern, and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've stayed in. The bathroom was clean and the shower had pretty good pressure.

I would recommend avoiding the restaurant in the lobby. It is way overpriced, the staff is unfriendly, and the food is not good.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank BobAdams111
Reviewed October 29, 2007

My wife attended a small regional conference at the hotel and my daughter, her friend and I went along as well.

My daughter and her friend thoroughly enjoyed themselves at the KOP mall. I walked the whole place and then found some coffee and an outlet for my laptop, The Crowne Plaza is right across the street from the mall and is convenient place to stay.

The hotel itself was pleasant. The front desk personnel were very accomodating. The bell hop service wasn't available very often so we just carried our own luggage.

The hotel room was not huge but certainly acceptable. The hotel also offers free wireless which was very nice and appreciated. Parking is free.

Overall - no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank TomJr
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This hotel is conveniently located opposite the biggest mall on the East Coast, King of Prussia mall. It is also a 25 minute drive to center city philadelphia which is why we chose to stay there this labor day weekend. The rooms are very clean. We had a 6 month old baby and they provided a decent crib for the room.

The service is average; the front desk staff all seemed to be new and clueless about directions to attractions in philadelphia. We had room service breakfast and dinner which were average quality but pricy.

This hotel is ok but the service and rooms are similar to the lower price holiday inns ans hampton courts I have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank salmoncake
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Excellent hotel. We spent the night at this hotel, the staff was very attentive and professional and the lodging was equally as great. We were treated very well during our stay by all of the staff we encountered. The room was very clean, the bed was outstanding. We were very pleased and would stay there again.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mdtraveller_7