“Nice Lobby and Restaurant”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Nice Lobby and Restaurant”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel as a traveling stop to and from downtown Philadelphia. The Lobby was very nice and clean. The front desk attendant seemed busy yet there was no one else in front of us?? When he did get to us he properly checked us in and off we went to the room. The room was average but did have a previous roof leak stain on the window treatments as well as on the wall and ceiling of the room. It was obvious and sort of bothersome as to an indication of what else would be wrong. Well nothing else was wrong but just average. the leak must have been fixed or it was slow enough that it did not cause us to ask for another room. The breakfast buffet was great at the in-house restaurant The hotel has a good location but a little pricey for an older hotel. I would stay again only if the price was lower. The area is full of nicer new hotels with lower nitely rates.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy13386

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Warwick, New York, USA
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My hubby and I stayed here during the "Weekend to Remember" conference and boy it really was a weekend to remember! The hotel staff are so courteous and friendly. We were given a room on the 5th floor and couldn't have been more happy. The wonderful welcome package with eye mask, ear plugs and lavender bed spray was so cute! The rooms are very clean and the flat screen TVs are a great, modern touch. The furniture and decor are also modern and improve the value of the hotel in my opinion. The beds are so unbelievably comfortable as well! Almost as comfortable as home ;) If you're in the area and need a place to stay - look no further!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on the 5th floor!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Simple, clean, big room and in front of a biggg mall.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Marcuscouf
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here for a girls weekend trip to do some shopping at the King of Prussia Mall. This hotel is within the mall circle, so it is very convenient to all restaurants and shopping. The hotel itself is very nice. No complaints with the size or cleanliness of the rooms or bathrooms.
The only issue we had was noise in the hall throughout the night. This hotel appears to host many weddings; therefore, there were a lot of intoxicated guests hanging out and walking in the hallways well into the morning on Friday and Saturday night being very loud. We did call the front desk around 4:00 AM and they promptly did handle the problem. I don't think there is anything the hotel can really do about it - I think when you have weddings, you are going to also have situations like that.
Overall, we would definitely stay at this hotel again, and I would recommend to anyone staying in King of Prussia.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to avoid room locations near those that have been blocked off for weddings.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Western Pa.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

When I stay in a hotel, I want it to be clean, comfortable, and friendly. The Crowne Plaza Hotel in King of Prussia was all three. I had stayed here once before, in 2008, on the top floor where I got the whole bathrobe, eye mask, linen spray treatment, in addition to a very comfortable bed and free breakfast. This time, my room was on the first floor—about halfway down the hall, but far enough away from the lobby that I didn't even hear the three wedding receptions that were going on—and I got two very comfortable beds, free breakfast, and a happy travel companion who doesn't give praise freely but said of the Crown Plaza: "This is a nice hotel." High praise indeed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Going on third week of a four-week business training seminar stay - maybe I shouldn't say anything yet because I still have one week to go...! Haha! No room complaints; stayed on the third and fourth floors so far. Get an even-numbered room if you want a view out the front; not much to see out back (except a pretty nice sunrise). All rooms so far very comfy; two of the bathrooms had faucets a tiny bit loose; one bathroom door was a little hard to close. Housekeeping was efficient and polite. Thanks Bud, for the door key help when the system was changed...! Can't say enough about the staff at Stirling's (Shannon, Sara, Debra, Cassie, Kendra) and desk staff and shuttle driver Andrew. All were very, very friendly and pleasant- while maintaining a professional attitude. Oh - the food was pretty good, too! I'd choose Crowne Plaza for my personal trips in the future.

Room Tip: Lower numbers put you closer to the elevator - but you knew that, right?
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel very regularly and quite liked it. I hadn't been for around a year and stayed last week. I was disappointed in a few areas. Some of the "extras" seems to have gone missing...no robes in the room, no earplugs, no linen spray. And frankly the breakfast wasn't great. Also, when my colleague and I arrived I was on the ground floor and was not happy with my room. I asked to move up but was told I couldn't due to my reservation type, even though we didn't arrive late at night. Oddly, my colleague, was on a higher floor, even though our reservations were made together. With a new hotel opening soon virtually next door, I thought the ship would be tight here - but unfortunately its not.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
rmcgowan, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay as much as you have in the past. I did want to address your comments because there are some inaccuracies. We still do put robes in our rooms. We have always and only had robes in our 4th & 5th floor rooms....we have not changed that procedure. In addition, we still do include the sleep amenities you mentioned as well. Unfortunately, in your circumstance, you booked a room when we had only first floor rooms available. When rooms open up on higher floors we assign them first by highest rate being paid then by corporate or group affiliation and so on. It appears we had only one room available to upgrade and since you and your colleague were at the same rate, etc., by chance the room went to your colleague. Unfortunately, we are limited to what we have available and we are committed to giving each guest the room that they book unless we have an opportunity to upgrade.

Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade your stay at that time.

Bob McGowan